Chapter 19 –
183 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So what's your offer?" asked Albert.

 

The negotiations started in the main hall of the Red Castle, where the party was held. Unlike the party, Albert was sitting across from Ethan, not in the chair at the head of the table. The atmosphere of the Main Hall was heavy and serious. Everyone was waiting for Ethan's answer to Albert's question.

 

Doran, on the other hand, was sitting just to the right of his father, King Albert.

 

 To the left of King Albert were those who were appointed by his Father and who made agreements and relations with other nobles while Vartica was a duchy. 

 

Maverick was not at the table but was watching the table at the edge of the room.

 

“We want a non-aggression pact between the kingdom of Vartica and the kingdom of Leon. Also if one of the kingdoms is attacked by a third party helping the attacked kingdom. We also propose the marriage of Princess Ashley and Prince Doran as a token of our sincerity and hope the 2 kingdoms work together in the future as well. Of course not as an official wife. “Ethan didn't use fancy words in his speech, he just said what the kingdom of Leon wanted.

 

King Albert began to speak after some thought about what Ethan had said.

 

“We can talk about marriage later. These conditions are the issues that we hope to agree on, but a few more issues need to be added to the agreement.”

 

Ethan studied Albert's face. In the kingdom of Leon, those who got involved with this man often lost disastrously the honor and property their families had raised for generations. And what was going through his mind right now?

 

"First of all, the kingdom of Leon needs to move the kingdom's military base to another place, also right now our soldiers' equipment is in pretty bad shape, we are not in a position to help if there is an attack, the kingdom of Leon needs to cover it expanses ... I think 10 million gold will be enough."

 

Ethan clasped his hands to contain his nerves as Albert continued to speak. Soldiers not in a position to fight? So why were they dressed in armor from head to toe when Vartica was defending the pass? Ethan wasn't sure whether even the kingdom of Leon had the money to dress every soldier like that.

 

Of course, not everyone reacted like Ethan to this hard-to-take offer.

 

Roland, sitting next to Ethan, jumped up from his chair and began to speak.

 

“10 million gold! Did you lost your mind?..”

 

As Roland was about to continue, he suddenly felt Ethan's aura in his body. A suffocating pressure. He sat back down before he could finish his words. Cold sweat was dripping from his face.

 

"I'm sorry for Roland's rudeness, I hope you're not offended"

 

Lord Albert did not take Roland's words seriously. He knew exactly what Roland was like. It was impossible for someone like that to affect him. Even this overreaction was useful. They should have been at a disadvantage after an offer of 10 million, but because of this idiot's words, they had the upper hand in speaking again.

 

"I would appreciate it if it is not repeated. The future of the two countries is being discussed here, this is not child's play."

 

Ethan was struggling not to punch Roland. This idiot had ruined everything.

 

“Well, do you have any other requests?”

 

“We want the elimination of trade taxes between the two Kingdoms. After all, the closer the two countries are, the better.”

 

Ethan did not understand why Albert had made such an offer. This request seemed to be more beneficial to the Leon kingdom.

 

When Albert didn't speak again, Ethan knew it was over.

 

“I am not in a position to decide on Gold and Taxes, after having discussed this with King Edmund, how would you like to talk again?”

 

“No problem, we don't need to sign the deal right away, we can wait,” Albert said.

 

Ethan got up from the table when he got a positive response. The delegates of the kingdom of Leon stood up with him. Ethan, after greeting Albert, started walking towards the door to leave the Castle.

 

Ashley waved to Doran and left the castle with the Delegates.

Doran had the opportunity to meet Ashley a few more times after the first date. She had even met his mother.

 

When the Leon kingdom side left the main hall, only the Vartica side remained.

 

Albert turned to Doran standing beside him and asked.

 

“Are you sure about the abolition of these taxes? it's like we're shooting ourselves in the foot?"

 

"Don't worry dad, in a few years this clause in the deal is going to give them such a headache that I'd be surprised if they don't come back to get it out of the deal."

 

-------------

 

Terras, the throne room of the palace of the kingdom of Leon.

 

“WHAT 10 million gold? Has this bastard lost his mind?” roared King Edmund. The counselors in the throne room trembled at the state of their king.

 

Ebal, on the other hand, focused on what was written on the parchment in front of him.

 

"Ask him what he thinks of Albert's tier?" ' he ordered the clerk standing by the parchment, pen in hand.

 

The words ‘He's probably at a level that can go head-to-head with me.’ 

appeared on the parchment.

 

Ebal began to think after reading what was written on the parchment.

 

Meanwhile, King Edmund had also calmed down and began to study the Ebal, which had remained thoughtful.

 

Ebal looked up at King Edmund.

 

"10 million gold is not the exact figure we will give, we can reduce this figure in the negotiation stage, The main thing is Albert's tier and it seems that the north of the Etna continent has given birth to a new 7th tier."

 

"And his other requests?" he asked.

 

"The relocation of the headquarters was a request we expected. There seems to be no problem other than the removal of taxes. Although it seems to work for us on paper, we don't know what the fox was thinking, but it seems acceptable."

 

After listening to  Ebal's words, King Edmund thought for a while and turned to the scribe.

"Tell him to reduce the amount of gold as much as he can. Write that there is no problem with the other clauses of the agreement."

9