Chapter 24
136 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Goodbyes are difficult. The hardest goodbyes are those that mothers say to their sons.

Doran was standing in front of the castle and saying his last goodbyes, to leave Ivarta and go to Murdok, where his father had appointed him. Doran's father, King Albert, beside him his mother Elizabeth and stepmothers Ashe and Eve had all come out to send him off. Even his brother Eren and 5-year-old sister Lily were here.

Elizabeth was wiping the tears flowing like a fountain from her eyes with a handkerchief.

Doran approached her and grabbed his mother's shoulders with his hand.

"Mother, don't cry, we can see each other whenever we want."

"What do you mean, you're going to the other end of Vartica. How can I not cry. I don't even know when you'll be back," she said indifferently to Doran's consolation.

"I set up a device in my father's study. You can talk to me whenever you want, you can even see me," explained Doran.

"You're not lying to me, are you?"

"Of course not. You'll have tea with my father while you're at it." This comment made his father raise his eyebrows slightly.

While Doran knew that his father liked to choke on paperwork in his study, at times he completely forgot about his family. 'Maybe he can take a break from time to time this way,' Doran thought.

After taking care of his mother, he came to his father.

"Father, I'm leaving. You might want to relocate the capital when I get back."

"Huh, will see! I'm not going to sit around empty-handed either," said Albert defiantly.

"Is it a challenge, Dad"

"Why not, would I be afraid of a 16-year-old boy?"

Doran held out his hand for a handshake.

When he took his hand back he felt like he broke a few bones.. 'this old man is scary, he can really get past me if I don't focus on things.' he thought.

After Doran said goodbye to his stepmothers, it was his brother and sister 's turn.

Eren had grown over the years. He is almost ten years old now.

Doran came up to him and spoke. "Don't miss your classes, I expect you to come to Murdok when the academy opens," he said to his brother.

"You can trust me, brother," Eren said firmly.

After talking with Eren, it was Lily's turn, the youngest in the family.

"Brother, where are you going?" said the little girl.

"I'm going far away to see the ocean." said Doran, crouching.

"Oh, can't I see you again"

"Of course you will, but when I come to visit." said Doran. Seeing that Lily was about to cry, he spoke immediately.

"don't worry, I'll bring you candy when I come back"

When the little girl heard the word candy, her eyes lit up. And he quickly forgot everything.

With this the goodbyes were over, he came to Ashley, who was talking to his mother.

Now they had to get in the carriage and leave. He said his last goodbyes again, and just as he and Ashley were going to the carriage, her father came to his side.

"Are you leaving without ever asking for money?" said Albert.

" Money?" said Doran, confused.

"Do you think I'm going to send you empty-handed? The kingdom of Leon sent some of the money." Pointing to the carriage surrounded by the soldiers ahead, he said, "Spend it on sensible places, huh, by the way, the budget of the academy construction is also in this money, just so you know."

"How much,?" said Doran curiously.

"2.5 million gold." said Albert with a grin on his face.

Doran was a little shocked when he heard this number. But he quickly gathered himself and began to speak with a smile.

"Old man, are you sure to leave that much money in my hands? If I go to Murdok with that much money, your chances of winning are zero."

"Do your best, let's see if your words will be as great as your actions?" he said and laughed. then put her hand on Doran's shoulder.

Doran looked into his father's face. He looked slightly proud.

"I'm going now dad, take care of yourself."

Lord Albert nodded.

Doran took Ashley's hand and they got into the carriage. He waved one last goodbye to his family from inside the carriage, and the carriage set off.

—--------

A carriage entered the city at the same time as a large caravan was leaving the city gates of Ivarta.

Father and son were sitting in the carriage.

The father's name was Hemilton, and the son's name was Harris. After a long journey, they had finally arrived at their destination, Ivarta.

Hemilton corrected his sitting position. He did this often. Because he was not used to long journeys. He had lived in the same village all his life. But thanks to his talent for hunting, his name was heard almost throughout Vartica.

Under normal circumstances, a human would lose in a fight to a human one Tier higher than himself. This was a fact accepted by almost all people. But on a hunt, Hemilton had hunted a monster one tier higher than himself. This was something very few people had accomplished until then. Because animals' mana-fed centers made them very deadly and dangerous, even more so than humans.

After this event, people from other towns and even cities began to visit to learn about his methods and how he achieved it. His reputation increased when visiting people returned to their homes and shared what they learned from him with their friends.

Although this fame affected his life, it did not radically change his life. That is, until the king's messenger, in armor, knocked on his door 5 days ago.

"You have been elected as a member of Parliament," the Messenger had said.

Hemilton didn't know what that meant. But it didn't take long to find out. He also had a minor heart attack when he did.

The opening of the parliament and the constitution had not yet been announced to the normal public. When Hamilton learned the importance of this title and duty, he realized that he could not say no to this offer, and thus his journey with his son began.

8