Chapter 26
172 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-The 38 dungeons found so far are scattered around the world, and I think it's the key to a great mystery. These dungeons have attracted the attention of many great cultivators and mages in history, and even the legendary Elder of the elves, Els'ha, has organized expeditions to the centers of these dungeons many times.

Only one of these expeditions has been successful throughout known history, made possible by Darmonte, the eternal leader of the demon race, expending almost all the resources of his empire.

Although those found in this expedition were hidden from the world for a long time, when these findings were captured in the 5th Karto War, they spread to the world.

As a result of this successful expedition, Darmonte found only one tablet, and as a result of long efforts, what was written on the tablet was translated into the central language. These articles are as follows.

"We fled, we fled, only 5 groups remained. Before the oracles could tell what they saw, blood streams flowed from their eyes. We fled. We fled without knowing where we were going. But the place we arrived at turned into our own prison."

"Doran, what are you reading?"

Doran looked up to see Ashley sitting across from him. The lights filtering through the carriage window illuminated her radiant face.

Doran turned the cover of the book to Ashley and spoke. "Master Kahlo's history of the world, volume 5."

"Oh, it's a great book." said Ashley.

Doran was surprised at Ashley's familiarity with the book, for it was boring to say the least for normal people. This surprise must have been reflected on his face, so Ashley felt the need to explain.

"I read most of the palace library, as there was not much to do in the palace." said Ashley, a proud expression on her face. Then she paused and asked. "Are you interested in history?"

"No... yes, I mean, I've been looking for a history professor for the academy, I'm thinking of sending him an offer." said Doran.

"Are you serious! That's great, maybe I can meet him," said Ashley with a big smile on her face. Then her smile faded a little. "He's in Azia, isn't he? Do you think he'll come?"

"I don't know, but I want to go to professors to work at the academy with an offer that's hard to refuse. So maybe that's enough to lure him in." said Doran.

"Have you started planning the academy already? Don't you ever rest?" said Ashley, laughing.

Doran smiled a little, then spoke seriously.

"My father is very ambitious, even if he doesn't look like it. I just want to repay my debt to him this way."

"What debt?"Ashley asked, curiously.

Doran paused at this question. What debt could a son have to his father? that?

'It's too early to tell her the truth,' he thought. He couldn't tell Ashley that King Albert saw him as his true son and how grateful he was for that.

Just as he was thinking about how to correct this indiscretion, a shout came from outside.

"We are stopping."

Doran let out a sigh of relief.

The carriage drove into a clearing ahead and stopped.

Doran opened the carriage door and got out. Then she took Ashley's hand and helped her down. Just as the two of them were starting to look around, Maverick came towards them with a smile on his face.

"Lovebirds, are you guys enjoying the ride?" he said and laughed.

Ashley's face reddened slightly at this comment.

"Uncle Marverick, ever since I got involved in this academy plan, you've always had a smile on your face. Maybe I should talk to my dad and tell him to hand over the task back to you!"

"Oh come on, Doran, I'm just teasing you, you don't need to make threats right away," he said. He seemed quite afraid of the realization of this possibility.

Doran had known him more or less after his years with Maverick. He hated responsibilities. but he would put all his might into a subject that he was determined to do. He didn't want to deal with it, as the academy administration came to him as a chore.

"Okay okay, I'm just kidding." said Doran.

Just as these conversations were going on, Edward came to them after talking to a group of soldiers.

During this journey and during his stay in Murdok, Edward was his bodyguard and the commander of the soldiers appointed by King Albert.

"Prince Doran, my lady, Duke Maverick." he greeted.

"So the news has already spread." said the maverick. His appointment as Duke was supposed to be unknown, but Edward used that title when saluting. This means that the Parliament has already been established and the titles of Nobles have been made public.

"Yes, it has already spread throughout Vartica. We got the message this morning. Congratulations, sir" said Edward.

“Thanks,” said Maverick. His face showed that he didn't care much about the title.

"Edward, are we staying here today?" asked Doran.

"Yes, Prince Doran, it's going to get dark soon and we're still a long way from the nearest town."

Doran nodded and found a nice place to sit. And he took out a few stools from the storage ring. Maverick and Ashley accompanied him as they sat and watched the Caravan getting ready for the night.

There were about 150 people in the caravan. 50 of them were tasked with protecting Doran and AShley. Others were architects, accountants, and masters in different fields. Doran had big plans for Murdok. How big. very big. He hadn't even told his father about these plans.

He was planning to make Murdok the best city in the world in 4 subjects. Education, Manufacturing, finance and entertainment. Although he had a rough plan in mind, he had not yet made a detailed plan.

Just as he was immersed in these thoughts, his mana senses reported something to him. he returned to Maverick.

"Should we say hello to our followers," he said, and smiled lightly.

MAverick was a little taken aback by this. "Oh, so you noticed!" said

Maverick waved his hand and 4 ice spears formed in front of them, took off from where they were sitting, and began flying towards the hill behind them.

"If you don't want to die, show yourself  and walk up to us." Maverick's voice was loud as if he was speaking through a megaphone.

8