Chapter 15
13 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although Arden said "let's eat", no one reached out to the pizzas. It was a dish they had not seen before and they did not know how to eat it.

 

Arden noticed this and took a slice of the pizza and took a bite. Seeing how the meal was being eaten, those at the table began to imitate Arden. He was happy when he tasted the pizza. He hadn't eaten anything to remind him of home in a long time.

 

When those at the table ate the pizza, most of them couldn't help taking another bite.

 

“Arden, this's great,” Matt said.

 

The people at the table began to speak words of support for Matt. Before long, the pizzas were eaten and the conversation began with the beers. Everyone started to break into groups and talk.

 

Arden was starting to talk to the innkeeper Gordon. He had a few questions about running an inn in his mind.

 

“How should I set prices, Mr. Gordon”

 

"You didn't join the guild, did you?"

 

“The Guild?”

 

“Innkeepers guild, each region has a base price. 10 coppers for petra, above that you can set the price you want.”

 

Arden and matt were staying at Gordon's inn for 15 coppers a night. Arden thought it should be slightly lower since it was outside the walls of petra.

 

Matt and the others were talking in a group with Edward and his team. When Edward saw Matt's ability to wield a sword, he became particularly interested in him.

The white lions Team consisted of Edward, Sasha, Olivia and one other person. Arden had learned that the other member of the team had left to settle some errands west of Askarta. The team had accepted a training assignment to make use of this time.

 

After a few more conversations with Gordon, he went over to Matt and the others. Matt smiled when he saw Arden approaching them.

 

“Man pizzas were great.”

 

"Glad you like it.."

 

"You're staying the night, aren't you?" said Arden to Edward

 

“Actually, we were planning to leave before dark,” Edward said.

 

“Don't leave without trying Bathhouse or you'll regret it,” Arden said.

 

“What is that?” said Olivia.

 

Arden began to explain what Bathhouse was.

 

"We're staying," said Olivia and Sasha at the same time.

 

Edward threw his hands to the side helplessly.

 

"I think we're staying"

 

The party went on like this, and as it was getting dark, people slowly left and made their way to Petra.

 

It was quite crowded as Ava and the others also chose to stay the night. Party preparations were quite exhausting. And Arden needed a shower. They planned to enter the bath as the men in the inn, while the other women had already gone to the bathhouse.

 

—------

 

While Arden was resting his tired body in the hot water, messages from knowledge-merchants went to many parts of the world.

 

—-----------

 

“Mother, I want to join too”

 

“Absolutely not, Irel”

 

“Mom, I want to see Askarta. “

 

Irel looked at her father, who was sitting on the sofa, with her eyes. she was obviously expecting some help from him.

 

When her mother noticed this, she began to speak.

 

“Never expect help from your father, my decision is final on this matter”

 

Seeing her mother's authoritarian attitude, Irel realized that she could not persuade her. She quickly turned around and slammed the door of the room and left the room.

 

"Dear, we can't keep her under protection forever she needs to see the world."

 

Hearing her husband's kind words, her face, which had hardened from the previous conversation, softened.

 

“I know that too, if the shrines of the gods were actually found, that place would turn into a playground for high-level people, how can we take such a risk?”

 

“Captain luke will accompany her, it would be enough if we give her the necklace,” he said. He could understand her daughter's desire to see the world. he had embarked on such an adventure when he was young. What he saw and experienced on the road completely changed him. He knew that such a journey that his daughter would take in her teenage years would be of great help to her later in life.

 

Her husband's words made her think. She moved silently towards the window and looked out. Outside, it was a forest of dense trees, but the tall trees forming this forest were connected by rope bridges.

 

Just then, the door opened and a servant entered.

 

“My queen, captain Luke has arrived at the palace,” she said respectfully.

 

"Okay I am coming." said the queen.

 

—-------

 

In the square of a dark mountain village

 

“Ple..as.e please don't kill me”

 

While backing up, the man stumbled and fell to the ground. He started crawling back.. At the same time, he was pleading with the black-clad man in front of him.

 

"I swear I didn't see anything," he said quickly.

 

The black-clad man slowly unsheathed his black sword. And he started walking towards the man crawling on the ground.

 

"It doesn't matter," said the black-clad man. There was a coldness in his voice.

 

The black-clad man suddenly disappeared. He was behind the man crawling on the ground when he reappeared.

 

The man crawling on the ground was about to open his mouth to say something when his eyes saw his headless body. A few seconds before he died, his eyes widened in surprise.

 

The black-clad man wiped the blood from his sword and put it back in its sheath. He picked up the body of the man he had just killed and threw it into a house.

 

Just then, an owl appeared in the sky and began flying directly towards the man. The man raised his head when he saw the owl. The owl landed on the man's arm. The man took the note attached to the owl's foot and read it.

 

“The temples of the gods, huh,” he muttered.

 

While the man was leaving the village with heavy steps, the houses behind him suddenly started to catch fire.


AN: If you want to read 6 chapters ahead, you can check out my patreeon.

2