Chapter 21 – Wolf pack attack
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wake Up Now”

As soon as Matt heard the shout, he opened his eyes and jumped out of the tent he was sleeping in. Ava and Alistair had likewise jumped out of their tents.

"What is happening? Zeke”

“Wolves,” he said, pointing to the darkness ahead.

Matt stared into the darkness. And he saw a pack of wolves coming towards them among the trees.

He unsheathed the sword at his waist and was ready to attack. It was something they had learned in the lessons, it was to get in a position to fight as quickly as possible, so they had to sleep with the armor on.

"Let's stay calm, we're prepared for what to do in these situations, let's take our places first." said Zeke.

They were prepared for the situations that might come up. And the wolf pack was one of them. When fighting wolves, it was necessary to follow certain methods. Don't let the pack surround you. If that's not possible, attack the alpha with everything you have.

Matt and Alistair got ahead of Zeke and Ava. Zeke put an arrow in his bow and got it ready to shoot. Ava waited, as if ready to cast a spell at any moment.

Once the wolves were within sight of the team, their numbers could be selected. Fortunately, the pack was not crowded in front of them. It was a pack of nine wolves.

The wolves and the team began to evaluate each other. The wolves slowly began to separate to their sides. There was no sound other than the distant raven sounds and the breathing sounds of his teammates. Because the air was cold, their breath came out as a white mist. But nobody, including Matt, was feeling the coldness of the air right now.

“Me and Ava will attack Alpha at the same time, you guys try to block the incoming wolves,” zeke said.

Zeke tightened his bow and took aim at the alpha standing in front of them.

“Now Ava,” he said, and fired the arrow.

Ava fired the ice arrows she had prepared at the wolf.

Although the alpha wolf dodges Ava's ice arrows, Zeke's arrow pierced his right hind leg.

“Hurrrrr”

The alpha wolf let out a pained cry, then started growling towards the team. The other wolves attacked the enemy standing in front of them as if they had received an order.

Matt swung his Sword at the two wolves coming towards him and activated the [unstoppable slash] skill. At least he was planning to kill one of the wolves.

The sword struck one wolf's neck and continued on its way. But the other wolf noticed the blow and scrambled away.

The wolf that had taken the blow remained motionless, while the wolf that had been swept away rushed towards Matt. Matt wasted no time using his [quick steps] skill.

This ability was acquired when he reached level 5 in the [swordsman] class. He was increasing his movement speed for a certain period of time.

Using the skill, he was able to better read the wolf's movements. And he dodges the incoming attack by rolling sideways.

Face-to-face with the wolf within attack distance, he wasted no time, swinging the sword and delivering a solid sword blow to the wolf's head.

The adrenaline in his blood was at its peak. He was out of breath. Seeing that his second wolf remained motionless, he turned around.

He saw Alistair struggling with 3 wolves. Zeke and Ava were also attacking the wolves with all their might. Since the wolves were within arrow range, Zeke was fighting with his daggers out. The alpha wolf, on the other hand, was trying to remove the arrow stuck in his foot.

Matt quickly made up his mind and went to help Alistair. The others seemed to be handling it for now, but Alistair looked like he'd gotten a few hits instead.

“You're just in time, my friend,” Alistair said when he saw Matt.

Matt slashed the front leg of one of the wolves with the sword, then turned to Alistair.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, but we need to get this done right away"

While Alistair was defending the wolf attacks with the sword, Matt rushed forward and started attacking the wolves, and soon they had killed 3 wolves.

When the last wolf died, the duo immediately went to help Ava and Zeke..

Zeke and Ava had killed two wolves. The last remaining wolf, seeing Matt and Alistair coming, stepped back and began to watch. Because the Alpha wolf had escaped the arrow that had pierced his foot and was staring at them with the urge to kill.

“Awooooo”

After the alpha wolf howled, he rushed towards them.

The alpha wolf was 2 times bigger than the other wolves. If Zeke had not restricted his movements with the arrow, the current situation would have been very different.

The incoming wolf had to be defended by Matt or Alistair. Remembering Alistair's wounds, Matt dashed towards the wolf that was coming towards them.

Wolf and Matt went head-to-head in the middle of the road. The alpha wolf dashed towards matt's head. It looked like he wanted to bite it off.

With the help of his [Quick steps] skill, which is still active, Matt dashed to the side at the last moment and slashed at the wolf's arrow wound.

The wolf howled in pain.

Taking this opportunity, Ava and Zeke rained arrow and ice spells on the wolf. The final blow was made by the injured Alistair, swinging the sword to his neck. The alpha wolf fell to the ground and breathed its last.

When the last wolf watching the events saw that the alpha wolf was dead, he fled towards the forest.

When the team finally realized they were safe, they collapsed to the ground.

"We won. Haha,” Alistair began to laugh.

The team had a smile on their face.

Matt stood up and walked over to his teammates.

“Did you drink the potion?” ' Matt asked, looking at Alistair.

"Yeah, don't worry buddy, I'll be gone soon." said Alistair. Then he looked at Matt's leg. He saw a paw print.

“I think you need one too, buddy,” he said, pointing to Matt's foot.

When Matt bent his head and saw the claw wound, the pain he didn't feel due to Adrenaline suddenly rushed into his brain. He sat next to Alistair.

He took out the Red colored potion from the magic pouch and took a few sips.

Ava and Zeke seemed to be in better shape.

“Good shot, man,” Matt said, placing his hand on Zeke's shoulder.

“I was lucky,” Zeke said.

“Yeah we got lucky, let's be more careful from now on,” said Ava.

After the team rested for a while, they began skinning the wolves and collecting parts that could be sold. Since these pieces would cost at least 1 gold, they did not risk leaving them behind.

As the battlefield cleared, it began to light up in the air.

“I'll keep watch, sleep for a few hours and then we'll be on our way,” said Ava. She had been able to sleep a little since she had the first watch.

The team members straightened the tents and lay down to sleep. All of them had heard the sound that everyone in this world loved to hear the most as soon as their heads hit the pillow.

The [Swordsman] class has been raised to level 8.

The [Swordsman] class has been raised to level 9.

[Adrenaline surge] ability has been gained.

[Iron will(passive)] skill gained

1