Chapter 25 – The seasons were changing. Just like people
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Chapter 25 - The seasons were changing. Just like people

“After that, we took 2 captives with us and came here. Matt has been shot himself off since the war with the bandits. I think the bandits he killed shook him up a bit.” ' Zeke finished.

Arden listened to the whole story with his mouth open. He was trying to make sense of how great Matt was. Kill 3 bandits? Arden could never do that.

But he also understood his mentality. Human life did not have much value in this world. Matt, on the other hand, grew up with completely different ethics. While human life was sacred to Arden and Matt, it was like grass in this world.

Arden finally realized how lucky they were. Since coming to this world, they had hardly faced any difficult decisions. Fortunately, they had a large amount of money. And they could live on that money for years if they wanted to.

For the first time since coming to this world, Matt had to make a difficult choice. And this shook him to the core.

It was not true that they never saw death. When Mr.Kurt and the adventurers attacked the bandit hideout where they were held captive, they had killed almost all the bandits. But it was something they were not involved in.

"Okay, I'll talk to him. Don't worry, go and rest, after all, you've come a long way.”

Those words made the team members who were worried about Matt feel their tiredness again. Everyone got up from the table and went to their rooms.

—------------

Arden pushed open the door to the inn's terrace overlooking the lake. It was already dark. When he saw Matt wake up and come here, he followed him to the terrace of the room. He slowly walked over to Matt, who was standing by the terrace railing.

When Arden and Matt realized that they were not in their own world when they came to this world, the first thing to do was look at the sky. Usually in novels there would be more than one moon in the sky. When they learned that there was only one bear in this world, and they found that there was no difference from their own moon except that it was very slightly blue in color, they were disappointed.

But right now, this month, the lake looked beautiful with the liquor reflecting on it. There was no sound other than the chirping of insects.

"Are you okay buddy?" ' Arden asked.

Without taking his eyes off the lake, Matt began to speak.

“Arden, I killed 3 people.”

"Yes, I heard. How do you feel."

Matt tilted his head. It was as if he was re-enacting what had happened. His voice trembled as he began to speak.

“What happened that night appear in my eyes whenever ı close my eyes. Arden, it's like I've taken away any chance they could change and become a better person from those thugs. I don't know if I did the right thing. Maybe there was a different way. Damm it.” He slammed his hand on the railing of the terrace.

When Matt finished speaking, after giving him some time, Arden began to speak.

“Man, I don't know exactly what you're going through, but I think you did the right thing. Did you ever talk to Emily and Robert? Did you hear what those bandits did?”

A look of surprise crossed Matt's face.

"Who are they?" said.

“Did you ever talk to the captives you rescued?”

“After that night, I shut myself off a bit and didn't have a chance to speak,” he admitted.

“Emily and Robert were brothers you and your team rescued. They lived with their parents in a house on the outskirts of a village. The bandits attacked and killed his parents and kidnapped the two of them. Matt, they burned his parents alive along with their house.”

“But still—” Matt tried to talk. But Arden did not allow it. He knew that Matt couldn't forgive himself.

“Matt, we are in a completely different world now. You can't live by the value judgments of our old world. No, I don't want you to live like that. This world is cruel, there are so many things trying to kill you at your smallest mistake. Even the monsters mentioned in the books in the library are enough to give me nightmares. We reached this situation somewhat easily and we did not have the opportunity to face the realities of this world. We've got money that normal people can't earn in their lifetime. But if we don't change and adapt, I feel like this world is going to chew and spit us."

Matt began to think about Arden's words. The atmosphere went quiet. Arden broke the silence again.

“I don't know, maybe there was a different way. But my friend, if you were in the same position again, I would like you to act the same way again. You saved 2 innocent people and cleared the world from 3 scumbags. You may think of yourself as a murderer, but you are a hero in the eyes of me and  2 brothers and even your team members."

Hearing these words, Matt turned his head towards Arden. Maybe that's what he wanted to hear.

“Thanks, Arden, You are a good friend”

The atmosphere became quiet again.

Matt and Arden began to silently watch the lake. Matt was somewhat relieved to be able to talk to someone who understood his situation. Suddenly, snowflakes began to fall from the sky. The seasons were changing. Just like people.

1