Chapter 28 – Avalez
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Avalez was the largest city in the east of the continent of Askarta. The fact that it was founded on the ocean coast and was one of the first cities to be established in Askarta are the factors that played the biggest role in reaching this size. Life in the city, whose population reached 1 million people, was a tough struggle. The cost of living was quite high, so there were always those who wanted to leave the city and continue their lives deeper in the continent.

The place called the old city was the place where the founders of Avelez settled for the first time. Of course, as the population of the City increased, it had grown outward from this point. But the Old City never lost its popularity, and as time passed, it became a place where the most luxurious shops and inns could be found.

The Golden Beer Inn was also here. This inn was known as the most luxurious inn of Avelez. Generally, those staying at the inn were either high-level adventurers or elven and human nobles from the lands of other continets.

This was the inn where the 'Six wanderers' team is currently staying. It had been a few weeks since they had come from the lands of 100 kingdoms. The 2 members injured by Malafet had recovered during the cruise.

Edgar was still not quite used to the absence of his arm. He took his beer with the only hand from the bar of the inn and walked towards the table where his teammates were sitting. The lobby of the inn was not too crowded as it was noon.

When Edgar came to the table, he heard the conversation.

“We should have killed the goddamn king. He sure knew something about Malafet. I could swear he kept it on purpose." Said Dona, and took a big swig of her beer.

Team leader Marko could have sworn he's had this speech a thousand times over the past month.

“Dona, we can't just kill a king, you know that. Also, what he did, does not go unpunished. No Gem level will accept quests in that realm. Even that is a good reason for the kingdom to fall. You know that too.”

"I know." Dona's eye caught Edgar's missing arm. "I just could n't take my anger out, Edgar lost his arm because of that bastard."

Edgar spoke up.

“We've talked enough about this, and there's still hope for my arm. Or are you feeling sorry for your Golds?” he joked.

The potion that could regrow the lost arm was quite expensive. Also, such high-level potions would not be sold in the market. After collecting all the ingredients, you would take it to a potion master, Of ​​course, with a high fee, the potion master would start making the potion. There was also a chance that the potion would fail during production. So this was tedious work but Team already started to search for herbs needed for this potion.

Perhaps the only thing that Gem rank adventurers did not lack was Gold. At least the rewards of the missions they took were minimum of 1000 gold.

"Edgar, you know money doesn't matter between us." she said, her voice breaking at Edgar's words.

“I know, I know, it was just a joke.”

Ashley spoke as there was silence around. She had some news to give to the team. As the team's scout, it was usually her job to gather information. And that knowledge could determine their new route.

“I heard a rumor in the adventurers guild today.” She said she. These words immediately caught the team's attention.

“What a rumor,” said John. John was the magician of the team.

“About lost temples”

“Where did they find it this time?” said Mark.

“It's like the real thing this time. It was a mission that the Adventurers guild secretly organized. He set off a few months ago. The last message they sent was saying that they found it, but they were trapped. Many people have already set out to investigate.” she added

“Then it becomes clear why Chai is not here,” said Donna.

“As soon as he got the news, he wanted to investigate on his own.” Ashley.

“I guess we better get ready for another journey,” said Marko with a smile.

Just then, the door of the inn opened, and a man in leather trousers and a covered head with a hood came in. After surveying the inn lobby, the man stared at a table and started walking.

“Chai, what did you learn?” asked Marko as he saw the man approaching their table. It wasn't hard for them to guess why he was out.

Chai took off his hood and sat down at the table.

“They went to the north of Petra. About a month ago.”

“Petra?_”

“It's a city in the north, we have to get there first and then look for the place ourselves. No one knows exactly where they found it.”

"We have to go north for the potion anyway, that's good. I think we've had enough rest. How about we set off tomorrow." Marco asked.

The people sitting at the table nodded in agreement with Marko's offer. They had had enough rest and now they had to act.

“I hope this time it is real, how many times have we gone in the last 5 years and we have come back empty-handed.” said Ashley.

"Even if we find it, at least one of us has to pass the space god's tests." said Mark.

“Hey Chai, can you tell me a little more about your world?”

“Don't you get tired of it? You ask the same thing hundreds of times?"

“Oh shut up Edgar, Chai tells something different every time.”

Although the people at the table had heard many different stories in the past ten years, the idea of ​​a completely different world from their own always appealed to them.

Seeing Dona's prying eyes, Chai sighed and began to speak.

“It was 1944 and we were at war with a country called Germany. I was getting ready for a landing. We just got on the ships—”

“Oh come on Chai, not War stories. Talk about those horseless carriages and nightclubs and movies.”


You can check my Patreon for advance chapters.

1