Chapter 4: Spirits
265 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bright sun rays shone down on Juko on his face which caused him to wake up. He used his small hands to rub his eyes as he tried to remember what happened yesterday. Yes, he was indeed saved by that beautiful goddess from those werewolves. 

Juko turned around to inspect the room he was in, but he didn't expect to lay his eyes on a sleeping goddess on the other side of the bed. 

"Aahh," Juko blushed as he saw Erica sleeping peacefully. She was indeed very pretty. 

"Are you awake now?" Erica asked as she got up from the bed and smiled at Juko. 

"I'm fine," Juko responded in a low and shy voice.

"Natalie!!" Erica yelled as she stood beside her bed. I'm less than a minute a dark-skinned woman with dark short black hair and bright blue eyes walked into the room gracefully with 6 fair maids behind her. 

"You called for me Princess?" Natalie bowed and looked at the princess with a straight face with no emotions, but in her heart. 

'Ahh, my princess has called me yay~'

"Please find Juko a room to stay in and could you please help me to get ready," Erica commanded as Natalie gave a polite bow in response.

"Absolutely my princess," Natalie replied as her eyes sparkled.

Natalie: "Everyone, chop, chop, you heard the princess. I shall help her with the other maids to get ready. You two should get Juko a good room and dress him up well." She pointed at two maids at the back who bowed politely and escorted Juko.

The two maids who took Juko away gritted their teeth. This was so unfair, why couldn't they also help to get the princess ready?

'I guess I won't be touching the princess's hair today,' one of the maids cried silently in her head. 

"Hey, hey, respect this princess!!" Erica yelled after she had finished taking her bath. Who would have thought bathing would take so long and be so stressful. They had to bathe her with all kinds of soap before they let her out. The maids didn't even let her bathe herself. 

"Arghh it's so tight," Erica groaned as her maid tightened her belly belt.

"Princess please let us help you wear this dress!" Natalie chirped as she waved a bright red dress in front of Erica's face. She was truly hoping to see her princess wear this dress, and nothing was going to stop her. 

"Hell Nah, you're not putting me in that frilly," Erica pointed at the bright red dress that basically looked like it was glowing with the jewels on it. And Erica wasn't a fan of dresses. 

"But princess you'll look beautiful if you wear it," the maids contested with serious faces. They have always wanted the princess to wear this dress but she refused. So they must make her wear it at all cost.

"Then we'll force you to wear it," they yelled as they grabbed Erica from all sides and placed the dress on her. 

.

.

.

After 2 long grueling hours of fighting with the maids about to wear, Erica finally gave up and wore the dress. It seemed that her maids had really set their minds on making her wear the dress.

"I look so stupid," Erica groaned as she took long strides while walking with the dress. Since she's not used to it.

"Please don't say that princess you look amazing," the maids complimented as they drooled over their princess's looks. She even looks beautiful when she's mad. 

Even so, they felt extremely proud of their work. Their princess with the makeup that complements her dark skin and the beautiful red dress they gave her. To them, it felt like an angel had descended upon them. 

"I can die in peace now," one of the maids mumbled as she had a very satisfied look on her face.

"Can you guys stop being overly dramatic," Erica sighed as she was led to the dining hall. Erica sat down as she saw the table that was full of food. 'Was the former princess such a foodie?'

Once Erica was done eating all of her food, she was slightly surprised that her tummy wasn't bulging from all that food, luckily she felt satisfied. 

"Is there a library?" Erica asked a young petite maid by her. She has dark skin like Erica and a pair of lovely black eyes, with short black hair. 

"Yes your highness, there is. Do you not remember?!" The maid answered as she had a slightly confused look on her face.

Erica: "Oh well I just forgot. Do you mind escorting me there?" 

Sure: "Sure your highness."

.

.

.

"Wow this is one huge door, Erica exclaimed as she looked at the bright pink door before her with some strange engravings. 

"Your highness you just need to place your hand on the door and it would automatically open for only you," the maid instructed as she pointed at the door.

"That's easy," Erica immediately placed her hands in the door, which suddenly opened. 

"Are you not coming?" Erica asked as she turned to look at the maid standing behind her.

"I'm sorry your highness. Did you forget that unless you're a member of the Royal family it won't let outsiders in?" 

"That's cool, ….ahem I mean yeah I knew that," coughed as she tried not to act strange. 

"Also what would I do if I'm hungry?" Erica asked again. 

"Then your highness you can just come out, your food would be served once you're out," the maid answered all of Erica's questions politely.

Erica then walked through the door as it closed behind her. 

Erica looked amazed about the huge library before her, with all sorts of books in golden cupboards. The entire library was much bigger than her room, which she considered huge. 

'Oh well, you can't expect less from a mini palace mansion,' Erica thought as she shrugged and continued to look around the library.

As she looked through the shelves they were arranged according to the first letter to the last. 

"This would make things easy," Erica said confidently as she browsed through the cupboards. 

"I don't know much about this world, and what's a better place to get information from other than a library."

However, something else caught her eye. 

"Huh, what's this?" Erica asked herself as she saw glass looking table with a bright blue book on it, with the title [ How to Summon Spirits. ]

Erica then picked up the book and sat down to read. 

In this world, there are beings called Spirits who are able to manipulate nature. All races have the ability to summon Spirits, it just depends if they have the ability to wield them or if they have the talent to summon one. Those who could summon Spirits were called Summoners and most nations would try their best to recruit them since a few of them grow and may summon a powerful Spirit to fight their enemies. 

To summon Spirits one must have the same elemental energy as the Spirit and the Spirit must be willing to be contracted to a human. To summon a Spirit is quite easy. You just need to use your blood and mention the Spirit element you would want to summon, however only 1 in a million could do that.

"Hah, this book was very interesting, but what would I need spirits for anyway," Erica chuckled as she placed the book down. 

"I may as well try."

Erica then stood up as she used her nails to grip her hand and blood started to flow. 

"Oh thee I call upon thy Spirit, if you're interested just form a contract with me," Erica grunted as she saw the bright light surrounding her. 

If a summoner were to be next to her when she said that, they would have wanted to kill her. How can I tell a Spirit 'If you're interested you can form a contract with me. ' That's highly disrespectful and any normal spirit would be enraged. Because most people would try their best to bribe the Spirits with gifts and benefits to coax them into a contract. Yet Erica just wanted to Summon one just to see them!

The light surrounding Erica grew brighter which then shone brightly that it almost blinded Erica's eyes. 

Before her was a small blue little girl, with short blue hair and large cute blue eyes. Erica was stunned and she badly wanted to pinch those chubby cheeks.

'So cute!!!!' Erica rejoiced in her heart that she summoned a cute Spirit.

"Human, do you want to do this contract or not?" the little spirit girl pouted as she looked at the beautiful Erica. 

"Sure why not," Erica then stretched out her hand as it touched the little spirit's tiny palm. A bright red light surrounded them as a mark appeared in the little spirit's fair skin. As Erica was wondering what to do with her cute Spirit, the little girl was stunned by the amount of magic power she received from Erica. She truly made the right decision. 

"Master, please don't throw me away because I'm a low-rank Spirit!!" The little girl cried as she looked at Erica with teary eyes.

_________________

*pit-pat**pit-pat*

Dark gloomy clouds surrounded the sky's as bright white light illuminated the imperial palace as in a majestic room laid a dark skinned old man with a bright golden crown floating above his head. His face was pale and his white short hair and beard clearly reflected his age. He laid as his king-sized bed as a man in white robes knelt beside him as his hand had a bright white glow. He then got up and shook his head at the people behind him.

"Can't the healers do something?" A young fair man with bright red eyes and short yellow hair yelled as he looked sad, worried, and angry. He couldn't accept how useless he was now, when his father the King is near death's door. 

"Don't worry Derek I have reached my time and I have to choose a new King," the man on the bed spoke with a low and crooked voice. As he looked at eight more people behind his son. The Healer and some of his subjects. 

"It seems that Erica must become Queen then," the King slightly laughed as he thought about his daughter he banished. He truly regretted his actions back then. 

"Your majesty, she can't be Queen," Duke Oswald rejected as he couldn't accept the princess as the new Queen. A middle-aged man with long black hair and bright blue eyes, plus a well-built body. He wore a blue suit of armor around him with a phoenix insignia on it.

"Who else do you think is a pure Royal blood huh?!" The King asked sternly as he looked at the Duke with serious eyes. The Duke then calmed down as he bowed his head in shame. 

"Derek, even though you are not born out of the pure blood of the Royal family, I loved both you and Erica's mum so much," the King said gently with a smile on his face. 

Derek frowned his face as he looked at his father having a creepy smile. 

"Ah yes, those two pairs of beautiful bosoms and beautiful fair faces are only for me. Hehehe, this old man of yours was a hottie in his days to have gotten two beautiful and charming women." The King admitted without an ounce of shame. 

Derek just sighed as he looked at his father. His mother was just a belly dancer who came to dance for him on some special occasions. So the king fancied her beauty which ended up having Derek. Luckily the King was a good man and never mistreated both of them, but he had to suffer beatings from the Queen every day. And the queen was actually very nice and caused no harm to them. 

Unfortunately, the queen passed away so early around her 40s and Derek's mother followed her two years ago. 

Now it was just left with the king who was also dying. 

"As a half-human half-vampire, some of the nobles in the Kingdom won't accept Derek as King. So child please get them to bring Erica back to the capital," he proclaimed as he looked at his subjects. 

They all bowed their heads in agreement to the king's words except someone.

"But your majesty the princess has been known to be dumb since birth. And knows nothing but trying to train with a sword. How would she find a king if she has a lot of scars on her body….." Duke Oswald rebuked him as for some reason he didn't want the princess to be king.

"Duke Oswald!!" The King got up as he slammed his hand on the wall which immediately broke into pieces creating a huge hole there. His bright orange eyes burning with fury and the bright red aura around him could be seen clearly. Even though he may be old he can't be underestimated.

Duke Oswald shuddered in fear as he realised he had angered the King. How could he forget even though his king acted dumb sometimes, it didn't change that his king was a level 40 Berserker. There's no one in the Kingdom who isn't aware of the king's might. With him ruling no other nation dared to attack their country Orgador.

He immediately knelt down as he dared not to meet the King's eyes. 

"Who made such a stupid rumour that my daughter was dumb?!" The King asked as he glared at the Duke who was sweating profoundly. 

"Erica could talk about the history of Orgador when she was just 4 years old. She even helped the queen with politics when she was just 6. And even now I might even fear how knowledgeable she might be. That's why I am leaving the kingdom to her. Do you think I'm someone who makes unreasonable decisions when it comes to who rules the country? I shall hear no objections from anyone. And do tell the others. They need to prepare for her arrival. Anyone who objects is welcome to present to me their heads!!" The King roared as his voice could be heard throughout the castle. 

"Hah, Erica is a very intelligent child, but she wanted to be a mercenary," the king cried as small tears dripped down his face, "How can I let my beautiful daughter become a barbaric mercenary? That's the only reason why we banished her. To change her mind," the King said as he tried to wipe the invisible tears off his face.

All the people present in the room didn't know whether to laugh or cry. 

"Make sure to bring her back to the castle at once. This king is too old for all this drama," the king concluded as he laid back on his bed to sleep. 

Derek just looked at his father who was resting peacefully then he realized what is happening. His father wanted to dump the kingdom work on Erica! Derek's face twitched as he noticed his father's strategy, but he himself didn't want to be king so it's better that Erica takes the throne. However, they had to ensure that she takes the throne. 

6