44: Breaking Dawn Encounter: Baku POV
246 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My master was eaten alive into the miasma, but he was still breathing according to my sensor. 

I immediately cast a counterspell on my body and dove into the miasma to reach out to my master. However, I couldn't penetrate it, so I doubled my speed to push myself in. 

'I'm coming, master. Please don't die. Don't die. Stay alive. Baku will save you. Baku is coming for you!' I kept pushing myself into the black smoke until I successfully entered. 

I breached inside in a lightning speed. Then, I popped out of the black dimension. 

To my demise, I lose twenty percent of my strength. But that was out of my concern right now. All I wanted to know was whereabout of my great master. 

Thankfully, he was alive and unharm. But to my surprise, I found him on the stage, where the two combatants looked perplexed on his sudden entry in the field. 

He caught onto his arms the beautiful girl. As I observed her, she was the female human that my master met on the bridge earlier. 

'Human, why are you there? Are you going for a fight? You're not even prepared for close combat, though,' I was confused. 

He was being attacked by a spearman, but no matter what he did, all of his attacks returned to him.

Little did he know, my master received a blessing from the miasma. One of its buffs was, all of the physical attacks that he would receive shall return double to his attacker. Therefore, we could tell my master was immune from every attack. And the people who would try to kill him off, they better started to think twice. 

However, the buff would disappear after thirty minutes. 

How did I know about this? Because we already faced a mage who summoned her partner during our primetime.

She cast a spell to summon her husband to help her out. 

Female mages were weak in close combat. That's why they would always summon a companion to assist them. 

The summon was no doubt a monster when it was granted an enough blessing from his master or lover or wife. 

"Human, you better hold off. I'm coming!" I tried to fly forward, but something was stopping me. 

The miasma was pulling me back inside its body.

"W-why you? Stop it, will ya? My master needs me!" I cast a spell on my mouth and shot it directly into it. 

But it was futile. The miasma was stronger than I thought. 

Its shadow tentacles were dancing on its beating. Its magical formless shape resembled a flamingo that we met in Mesopotamia. A magical beast sent by the Evil God to grant the wishes of his descendants by looking for their future spouses. 

It was undoubtedly a powerful creature. According to our study, it only listened to the command of a female mage. 

"Don't stop me, smoke. You're just a nonliving thing with no emotion!" I speeded up and finally escaped from it

Although our battle of wits ended in my victory, it was already too late for me to reach out to my master. 

I saw four people stab him. 

"No, master!" I cried out loud, rushing to kill them off. But I halted my advance when I sensed his heart was still beating. 

I shifted my attention to his position. I was astonished to see him in perfect condition. 

All of his wounds that supposed to be in his body was transferred to the assaulters. 

"Oi... Mr. Yang and Ms. Lixue. I'm alive," my master called them.

I immediately used a blink to quickly stand in front of him, but the miasma appeared. 

"Stop this nonsense. Can you see I'm busy here? Stop hindering my intention to assist my master," I broke away and changed my trajectory. 

As I evaded its attack, I saw the spearman trying to cut his throat. 

'No, you bastard! Don't kill my human master!' I used a blink, but I stopped when my master killed him with his buff. 

"The... The winner is... the duo. Mr. Holver Arnoa and Lixue Mingxi!" the announcer declared. 

Everyone gave him loud applause. 

The miasma seemed slowly disappear in front of me. Then, it appeared behind my master. Pulling him in. 

"Oh, no, please don't go yet!" the beautiful woman tried to stop him. "I'm sorry, I believe my taxi has arrived. Thanks for a wonderful memory, milady," my master placed a hand on his chest and bowed down respectfully. 

"Wait, stop!" the beautiful girl tried to reach him, however, it was already too late. "Farewell. Stay healthy, Ms. Lixue," my master sent a salute to say his regard. 

I immediately followed suit and buried my head in his chest. 

"Baku, where on earth have you been?" my master was happy to see me. "I'm sorry, human. I failed you. I'm really sorry, human!" I apologized sincerely. 

I rubbed my head on his chest, trying to embrace him. 

'I thought I lost you again. I cannot live without you, master. I don't think I can wait for another millennium,' I shuddered. 

"Hey, hey, you're hurting me. Stop it!" my master tried to push me back, but I insisted. "I swear to you, I will never let this happen again. I swear I will kill whoever tries to hurt you, master!" I assured. 

"Wait, what?" my master queried. "Nothing. Forget about it," I responded promptly. 

Finally, we went back to the previous location where he got kidnapped by this miasma.  

As I flew away from my master, a pink-haired girl jumped in and buried her face in his chest. 

It was Helena, the girl who was obsessed with his odor. 

"Oh savior, I'm glad you're okay!" Helena rubbed her face and sniffed his odor. "Hey, hey, stop it. And by the way, stop smelling my shirt!" my master tried to push her way, but she cast a spell to stick with him. 

"Don't move. I'm... I'm just casting a counterspell, so the miasma will not come back. It's... It's not what you think it is. I don't like you, okay?" Helena sniffed it again. "Eh? Is that it? I guess... sniffing it will require a deep comprehensive thoughts," my master was confused. 

'Master... That's just a lie. She's just loved to smell your odor. I don't know why, but this girl is dangerous for your health,' I commented.

"Yes, yes, that's correct. I meant I'm correct. Stay with me. Stick your arms close to me. Hehe~ I'm not done charging up. We need more time together. Hehe~ Oh, wait... Don't get the wrong idea. You're thinking very wrong. I meant the miasma might be there somewhere. My mana is enough to push it away from you. So... don't resist. Stick with me," Helena wrapped her arms tightly and smiled. "Oi, oi, you got to be kiddin' me. This is fuckin' nuts. I believe you're deceiving me," my master resisted, but it was futile. 

"No... No... don't resist," Helena cast another spell to tighten her grip. "Oi.... you're killin' me. I don't think the miasma will reach me. Do you know why? Because I will die before it could happen again. I swear to God, I will die for real. Please give me space, will ya? I'm... I'm okay now. Fine and healthy just like before. Stop it now. I don't think it will take me away again. Please... listen to me, Ms. Adrielle. I cannot breathe properly. Release me!" my master demanded, pushing her away from his body. 

'Wow, no matter where you go. There is always an obsessive type with a strange fetish you will cross across your path, my master,' I heaved a sigh. 

Someone approached them. He wrapped his hands together with a smiling teeth. 

He waited for an opportunity to interrupt their moment. 

"That was an unexpected development. This is a huge twist to see by myself. I didn't know you guys are close enough to stick with each other. I don't when it happen. But bot of you are doing a couple's hug after their long distance relationship. Man, your parents will go crazy once they heard about this, princess. Your father will no doubt put a restraining order to my pal. Trust me, it will be done. Never mind,  I don't want to ruin your moments together. I will turn a blind eye about this. First of all, I have something to ask about your boyfriend. Listen to me for now. Where have you been, Hol?" asked Rick as he scratched his hair. Helena immediately pulled away her face from his chest with a blushing face. "Phew. I'm alive. Thanks for stopping her, Mr. Bond. Anyway, I have no fuckin' idea. Honestly, I... I don't know. It is a stage or something. But I believe it is just an illusion. You know... It just... happened," my master shrugged it off. 

"I see. I'll accept that answer. Oh, crap, we better keep moving. Ms. Adrielle, Holmer... our plane is waiting for us," Rick turned around and headed back to his car. "Okay," my master nodded. 

"Don't try to keep me away. I'm sticking with you because that spell is lurking somewhere nearby," Helena explained as she remained beside him. "S-s-sure, I believe in you. But do we have to stay like this?" asked my master with a worried face. "Yes, we should be. I should accompany with you. This is for your safety, my savior," Helena affirmed with a determined face, lips pursed. 

"Don't tell me, you will sit beside me?" my master faltered. "Yes, and we should stick together until we reached the airport, my savior," Helena instructed firmly. 

"Hey, you two... stop flirting already. We're behind the schedule. If you don't want to miss it, you should better keep moving. Get in," Rick announced as he pushed the horn of his car to get their attention. "I don't like him. He's not my type!" Helena chided. 

"Just get it already!" Rick ordered. "Got it!" my master followed. 

"My savior, there's something wrong with your odor," Helena's eyes turned darker. "Umm, what? I... I don't think so," my master shuddered.

"There's a smell of a woman. It is purely made of olive from East Asia. Where exactly did this miasma transfer you earlier?" Helena demanded as she tightly wrapped her hands on his back. "Ouch... why are you aggressive? It is just a stage of a battle. But hear me out, okay? It is nothing. I thought it was real, but it is just an illusion. Don't ask anymore," my master lied. 

"Ooh... I thought it was a summoning spell of [Husband Grab]. Thankfully, it is not," Helena placed a hand on her chest and heaved a sigh of relief. "[Husband Grab]? I don't know what it is. But I swear to God, that is just an illusion to fool me," my master heaving a tiring sigh.

Both of them looked at each other and laughed. Whilst Rick kept his eyes peeled on the road. 

"My savior, let me tell you something. That spell is dangerous. You should run away when you meet it again, okay?" Helena advised as she grabbed his hem. "Okay, thank you very much. I will keep it in my mind," my master assured. 

"You better. Because you will receive a curse of eternal bound with its user," Helena reminded. "It sounds like it is a marriage or something," my master laughed it off. 

"Don't joke around. That's a serious issue, my savior. If you got absorbed by it again, I believe its user will never set you free. She will demand you for marriage!" Helena grabbed his collar. "Wait, what? That's impossible. Pfff, it is ridiculous. Me? I'm not that good-looking to get hooked up," my master laughed it off again. 

"Dude...," Rick was disappointed to hear it. "I'm just nobody," my master degraded himself. 

"Stupid savior. You're too stupid to believe no one will accept your face," Helena muttered aside and released him. "Did you say something?" my master inquired. "It's nothing, idiot. You're an idiot, my savior," Helena folded her arms across her chest and shifted her face to the window. 

'Master... Are you dense?' I commented. 

 

8