Abusing Authority
154 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The system had clearly told him earlier that he would be transported to the world of the reborn. That was supposed to be the last world of the afterlife.

In the Dark Tower, there are three small worlds that divide the ‘afterlife’ of the players. It means that when players die, they must go through each of the worlds before they can be reincarnated.

The first one is the ‘Karma’ world. This is where you need to serve your sentence. It doesn’t matter if you die inside the game or outside; you are still required to serve your karma.

The big difference between dying inside a game and outside of it is that you will be sent to the ‘Karma’ world once you die inside a game. Outside, you still have three chances to redeem yourself and survive.

But this information is not crucial to explain right now. Since it's got nothing to do with the Undead bastard who’s looking at Cayden while emitting killing intent from his seat.

Among the species that are with Lucien right now, there are also others who are afraid of the Undead. One of them is the woman with snakes for arms and legs.

Just standing in the arena makes them feel as if a rusty, blunt knife is ceaselessly stabbing at their tense nerves. It was a torture just by standing upright in the spot.

The woman with snakes for arms and legs suddenly shrieked. "No! I refused this! I died valiantly! I defended my people from being massacred by those ruthless human players! I’m supposed to receive the honor and blessings of the god of reincarnation! I’m leaving! I can’t stay in this abominable place that insults my valiant death!"

She turned around and frantically looked around, searching for an exit. But beyond the arena, there was nothing but mist.

She ignored the fact that there wasn’t anything beyond the arena. She madly ran forward, away from the densely packed crowd, and into the edge of the arena.

Cayden looked at her running back with keen eyes. He dared to remove his eyes from the god of the underworld because he knew this guy was too upright and rule abiding for his own good. (A/N: this is sarcasm btw. He meant to say the god will never forgive any rule breaker, but that doesn't mean he's not ruthless.)

The woman with snake arms was able to reach the end faster than Cayden expected. Her sneaky legs were able to slither through the granite floor, and she disappeared from their sight.

The moment she stepped into the mist, it seemed she was swallowed by the mist and vanished into thin air.

The heavy, tense atmosphere became even more suffocating. Especially since the god’s killing intent was stronger now. Not to mention, he had never said a word from the beginning.

The species that knew the cruel ways of this god was frightened. Even the orc decided to step out from the center of the crowd and silently stand in the farthest corner, not daring to let its presence be noticed by the god.

After three to four minutes, an ear piercing shriek came from the thick mist outside of the arena.

In front, the god raised his hand. Black entrange shadow appeared in his palm. Then it materialized into a black orb.

Those who are closest to the throne were able to see that there was someone inside the orb. Those who couldn’t see it from afar heard the familiar shriek of the woman with snake arms from the orb.

Everyone in the whole arena looked as though they were being strangled.

….

Because they knew what would happen next.

They watch with bated breaths as the woman, who was reduced to a small form of her soul imprisoned in the orb, is swallowed by the god of the underworld.

There’s no need for words in order for everyone to understand what it means.

Her soul was eaten.

When god eats a soul, it means her whole existence is erased. No reincarnation, no rebirth, no nothing.

Everyone did not have time to dwell on this as the loud sound of horns blown erupted their thoughts, making everyone’s heart jump.

[Ding!]

[The Wheel of Fortune is now -]

"HALT!"

The system’s voice was not even finished when the god, who was quietly sitting on the throne, interrupted. He stood up, flipped the black cloak over his back, and paced around his throne.

Under the hood, everyone can see that the god does not have a face, only a human skull.

The two holes where eyes are supposed to be found are glowing for some inexplicable reason.

The two glowing holes swept across everyone; some instinctively avoided his gaze, while others stared straight on with admiration.

The Undead eyes’ stopped in Cayden’s direction for a few minutes.

They held each other’s gaze, and no one dared speak a word.

After a while, the god of the underworld broke the silence.

"What did I tell you after our last game, Cayden?"

Cayden answered without hesitation, "You are going to eat my soul."

The god of the underworld chuckled lowly. He walked around the stone stable, right on his throne. He kept flipping his huge cloak to get it out of the way as he paced around, not knowing he looked ghastly, especially since his bone legs were exposed.

The god of the underworld is a walking skeleton.

If someone bumped into him in the street, they would usually laugh at him.

But not in the Dark Tower.

When someone gets unlucky and met him inside the game, they are more likely to die.

The enmity between Cayden and the god of the underworld is simple.

Cayden survived.

He managed to survive this undead’s brutal games unscathed, and that somehow affected the god’s ranking on the leaderboard. He was demoted from being rank 3rd to rank 7th. Now this guy is pissed at Cayden for being able to survive.

With a start, the skeleton god flipped his cloak and delightfully announced.

"With my authority as a god, I hereby declare to withdraw the game of ‘Wheel of Fortune’ and create my own game!"

Everyone was stupefied. Cayden had a bad feeling about this.

"Everyone listen! As a goodwill gesture from my heart, I will let you pass this game easily." He pointed his bony finger at Aiden.

"If you could take a single piece of his flesh, I would declare you passed, and you could move to the next world of reincarnation."

Cayden: "…………"

Fuck.    

  

2