Acrobatics (3)
116 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
But such thoughts never entered the young fledging's mind.
 
The child with the cat's ears has enormous pair of greenish slit eyes. It seemed to glow even in this faint darkness. Cayden met the child's watery gaze, who was looking up at him with admiration and gratitude.
 
From a short distance away, the child saw a little girl with the same identical cat's ear being pushed by another giant green orc.
The orc was in a rush to avoid being hit, so when he saw the giant metal ball coming over, he immediately shoved the other monsters around him to block it. And this action resulted in five or six monsters to fell into the lava below.
Because of her small stature, the girl with cat's ears managed to quickly sidestep and avoid being pushed down to the chasm below.
 
"Sister! Run!" The boy's childlike voice was hoarse and could not be heard by anyone at twenty meters away. He subconsciously wanted to rush over there, but before the big metal ball from the front could swing on the orc's way, another huge metal ball came crashing in from the left.
 
The orc totally didn't notice. The young child in Cayden's grasp held onto his cloak tightly. Cayden's raised arm was pulled slightly under the child's agitation.
 
"Pl - please, mister, sa - save my sister." The child's voice cracked in between.
 
Cayden raised the bow of Purnicus in hand and fired a shot. A black rope string trailed behind that decisive shot. 
 
"NO!!!" The young boy's desperate voice rumbled in the arena. 
 
The orc who shoved everyone out did not notice the little cat ear girl behind him. His vast feet almost squashed her trembling shoulders. She seemed to hear the cry of her younger brother. She tried to get up from the ground, her face white with fear. 
 
She crawled quickly with her small, faintly covered fur hands and feet. Tears streamed unstoppable as the colossal metal balls were only a few inches away. 
 
Something thin and long wrapped around the girl's trembling torso in that split second. It trapped her in place, and she was pulled with such great force. Following her trail are the two colossal metal ball colliding with each other and smashing the orc like a flattened dough. 
Blood splattered and bones crushed.  
 
The little girl was so shocked at this scene that she didn't notice she had been pulled toward Cayden's direction. Her huge fearful eyes could not forget the scene of the orc being crushed to death. 
 
The little boy shouted, "Sister!" and caught her in his arms. He underestimated her weight, and he outbalanced. 
 
The rope is so thin it was already hard standing on both feet. The little boy fearfully closed his eyes as he hugged his sister and dared not to stare at the ground below him. 
 
Something light fluttered in the boy's side. His cute cat ears twitch when he felt someone pull him upright. 
 
His bright eyes widened when he saw the same arms that stretched out to save him were now holding him in place. Emotions immediately bubbled up inside the little boy's chest, and he inhaled sharply. 
 
"The human is there!" Someone in the crowd squealed. 
 
The little boy froze. His sister was hugging him with her arms shivering so badly. Still, after a few seconds, she recovered her senses and looked at Cayden. 
 
Feeling both the sibling's gaze, Cayden glanced at the two, showing no particular reaction. He tugged on his bow lightly, and the thin black rope that wrapped itself on the girl's torso was withdrawn. Then it disappeared in the air. Cayden casually dusted the arrow he fired as though it had been dirtied by ash, and he's cleaning it off. 
 
"You sneaky piece of shit! Where have you been hiding all this time?!"
 
"Wait till I get to you. I'm going to tear off those fleshy skin and extract your bone from your meat!" 
 
Deadly threats were thrown in all directions. But Cayden acted as if he did not hear anything and turned his back on them.
 
The boy felt inexplicably guilty. 
 
The others have found the human. 
 
All because he saved him. 
 
And he shamelessly asked the human to save his sister too. 
 
He should stay away and find a way to survive… but he doesn't want to leave the human side. 
 
The little boy felt his heart marvel as if he saw the hope of life. He supported his sister, whose knees had turned jelly, to stand up and walk closer to the human. 
 
The human's current position is strangely set in a place where the breeze from the outside mist blows the hardest. Even so, the rope is not affected by the force of the wind. 
 
It completely stayed still. 
 
That's when the little boy noticed something. 
 
Opposite them, just a few meters away, there were also ten poisonous-looking cold-blooded monsters with scaly octopus tentacles standing on the rope. But their position is not safe. 
 
Huge metal balls in four directions came crashing down every few seconds. There was no end to it. A monster that managed to climb up at each passing second will be unceremoniously swack into the endless mist. 
 
He had been standing on this rope for a few minutes. How come not one giant metal ball ever swings their way?
 
Did the human know all along? 
 
The siblings observed the human's actions without batting an eye. Out of the corner, a lost fireball suddenly came whizzing down and went straight to Cayden's face. 
 
"Sir, watch out!" 
 
The fireball suddenly split into two. Everything happened so fast it was impossible to follow each movement.  One second they saw something purple glow in Cayden's hand. The next second, two arrows were shot and struck the fireball down the ground.  Leaving only a smoky trail that dissipated in the air. 
 
Before the little boy could open his mouth, he inhaled a substance that burned the back of his throat. He gagged and collapsed on his feet. The little girl panicked, but she was also not spared.  
 
 
The author has something to say:

The little boy: *teary eyes* Thank you mister!!!
Cayden: *no reaction* It's nothing

The little boy: *desperate eyes* Mister please save my sister!
Cayden: *nonchalant* Okay

The little boy: *looking at him with glittering eyes* Mister you are awesome!!
Cayden: *apathetic* I know.

The little boy: *looking at him with cute teary puppy eyes* Mister adopt us please?
Cayden: *stunned* Do I look like a cat's foster home to you? *deep inside, still willing to adopt* (⇀‸↼‶)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

Author: If you like this novel, do consider donating this poor author ink in tapas (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞

 
3