Xyris
53 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xyris' breathing evened out. She still has her frail, weak arms clutching onto that claw. A few steps away from her, is the two headed mutated monster sniffing its way inside the office.

The glass shards snapped under its feet. Xyris silently looked over from behind the cabinet. The 'mutated monster made its way inside the office room. Its disfigured face was raised high. The clear sound of air being sniffed deeply was heard all throughout the quiet office.

Xyris laid still. The mutated monster's back was on her. It leaned slightly before its elongated legs bent. Xyris knew it was attracted by the bodies of the high school kids killed earlier.

Without a sound, Xyris got up. She crept behind the mutated monster. The claw in her hand was extremely heavy and uncomfortable. But she does not have any other weapon. She doesn't want to run away.

She took ten steps forward and was now five meters away from the mutated monster. Then her boots made a mistake by stepping on the glass shard she had carefully avoided earlier.

Xyris tensed up. She looked up and met the bulging eyes of the mutated monster staring back at her.

"Damn." Now she's beginning to regret why she did not run when she still has the chance earlier.

The monster let out a loud roar. On all fours like a dog, it pounced on her like a giant bear. Its movement is extremely fast; she could not even see it. Xyris immediately rolled to the ground and meagerly avoided the mutated monster's attack.

The monster ran straight to the pillar on the right. It shook its head out of dizziness, then turn its red hungry eyes at her. Xyris hurriedly got up and stood straight. Her hand that was holding the claw was quivering slightly.

"Come on." Her voice was hoarse and extremely rough. It was obvious that the last few hours had never been easy for her. Her long hair has been tangled and is wet because of mud and dried blood. Her soft, pale face was covered in dirt. But the determination in her eyes shone in the dark room.

She wanted to kill this monster.

Because even before they became one, they were once humans like her.

The monster ran straight at her at full speed. Xyris also ran to meet it. Within two meters, the monster opened its disgustingly wide, gaping mouth and stretched out its sharp claws to capture its prey.

In that critical moment, Xyris dropped to the ground and avoided the monster's mouth. The claw in her hand was thrust forward. Making a huge hole in the monster's throat. Black blood spilled out, spraying on Xyris' face. 

The monster howled both in anger and pain. The hand at its side did not idle and struck downward, hitting Xyris's right shoulder.

Xyris gritted her teeth. The scream that was about to spill out of her throat was forcibly swallowed down. With her two arms, she held the claw tightly and pulled .

The claw made a clean slice in the monster's throat. She has it cut straight down to the monster's torso, successfully slicing the mutated monster in half. No more sound came out of the monster's mouth.

Xyris clutched her bleeding shoulder as she crawled her way out of the monster's body. Just as she removed her leg, the monster collapsed with a loud thud. It's no longer breathing. Xyris is shivering so badly that her knees no longer have the strength to stand up.

The mutated monster is dead. A small smile tugged on her lips.

"Wow, I did not think there would be players strong enough to defeat the monster." A crisp voice spoke behind her.

Xyris stiffen. She scrambled on her feet and held the claw in front of her as if the claw were a long knife she found to defend herself. The alligator mask man whistled as he saw it.

His eyes wandered to the mutated monster on the side. He did not see any missing claws. But on its stomach, blood overflowed like a pool.

"Hm. So you already defeated two monsters?" The alligator mask man tilted his head. "Aren't you amazing?"

Xyris did not speak. She wanted to stand up straight, but a sudden sharp pain in her shoulder made her wince.

The alligator mask man did not miss this small fluctuation in her expression and spoke honestly.

"You are already corrupted." He sighed. "What a pity.  Judging by your injury and the amount of mutated monster’s blood mixing in, it won’t take long before you get yourself killed." The condescending tone of the alligator mask man made Xyris frown. He did not conceal the mockery, even in those fake alligator eyes.

"That makes you unworthy of being my prey. If that’s the case, then it’s much better to see you fight and struggle until your last breath. Hehehe, isn’t that the greatest way to die? At least your short, miserable life can be of use as entertainment." The alligator mask man raised his left arm.

A series of small pop up screens appeared. It floated in the air, hovering in front of the alligator mask man. His fingers flew in the screen at rapid speed. Xyris does not understand it, but she has a bad feeling about this.

She tightens her grip on her injured shoulder and turns her back on the alligator mask man. Her eyes were darting around.

"Sorry to say but useless prey like you don’t have anywhere else to go except to rot in this prison."

Around Xyris, the broken glass walls were replaced with new metal bars. Worse of all, the doors are no longer available. Xyris faced the alligator mask man, and a mixture of surprise and horror was evident in her face.

"Have fun with them." The alligator mask man smiled at her. Then his body started to disappear. The moment his shadow faded into the darkness, something heavy slammed against the wall of the office space.

On the first try, a huge crack appeared. On the second, a huge fist created a hole in the wall. On the third try, the whole wall collapsed.

Behind the debris, five mutated monsters appeared, their eyes glaring at Xyris hungrily.

 

2