Team ranking – Conclusion
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[The Activation time of Dimensional Time Lapse will end in ten seconds. Please prepare.]

…..

[Alert!]

[Drifter Cayden Campbell has 0 points to compensate The Drifter's Clock.]

Cayden: Huh?

[Calculating Drifter Cayden's debt…]

[Dimentional Time Lapse is the Drifter's Clock ability that can only be activated if the owner, Cayden Campbell, dies.]

[To use the ability, the owner, Drifter Cayden Campbell, must be killed. He must also possess 200 points to pay after its activation.]

[The current Drifter has 0 points.]

Cayden: "…."

I just fucking die.

Now you wanted me to pay for an ability I didn't know?

But after considering that the seventeen year old body of his managed to survive death thanks to this ability, Cayden could not refute it.

The ten seconds were up.

Cayden wasn't able to finish reading the alert notice. The broken mirrors that took up space have been removed. The hooded young man started moving. He turned his head in Peter's direction and shot another bullet.

Peter ducks and tugs on the rope.

Cayden immediately leaps forward and turns up behind the hooded young man. His fingers that held the brick were tight. His thoughts were processing the information given by the Drifter's Clock.

He injured his left shoulder….

The second he appeared, the hooded young man immediately noticed his presence. Cayden thought he would step forward and avoid his attack. Maybe because the hooded young man was proud of his strong bones, he did not raise his vigilance.

He let Cayden attack him.

Cayden gritted his teeth, sensing the psycho in front of him managed to see what he was about to do, he changed his tactics. He threw the brick at the hooded young man's face.

A mocking smile plastered on the hooded young man's face. He still has his back turned on Cayden. His neck twisted to look at him. His other hand had the knife ready, while his other hand still held the gun used to shoot at Peter.

When he evaded the brick, Cayden captured the young man's left arm and twisted it ruthlessly. The gun in the young man's fingers was taken in a bat of an eye.

Cayden attacked with ease as if he had killed many for years. His eyes did not fluctuate when his fingers stole the gun and pulled the trigger to the young man's nape. The bullet cracked through the skull, and blood spilled when it drilled right into his brain.

The young man died instantly.

It seems he was scared for no reason. His younger self body is still capable enough to adapt to the fighting instinct he develops over the years.

The burly man who was struggling against the rope on his neck growled. He just watched his partner get killed. By. A. Child.

How could he let it go?

"Yooouuuuuu!!!!!" The burly man's voice was thick and heavy. His face reddened both from the pressure and anger.

When Cayden glanced his way, the gun was already hoisted.

A sharp bang rang out in the open space. Peter was at the top of the stinky water tank. His eyes widened in surprise at Cayden's actions.

His meek, quiet, nerdy best friend just shot two grown men. But he did it without an expression on his face or panic. Even when his cheek was wet with the hooded young man's blood, he acted like he did not notice it.

Cayden was standing on the ground full of blood, donning with the faint red light. Peter does not understand why, but he gets the feeling his best friend no longer looks like a human as he holds that gun in his hand with blood in his face.

Cayden noticed Peter staring, "Aren't you coming down?" Even his voice was flat. Peter gulped.

"I – I am."

When Peter reached Cayden, six figures condoned with black suddenly appeared a few steps away from them. They have the same height, build, and identical alligator mask head.

The alligator mask man at the center did not say anything. He just handed two pieces of paper to Cayden and Peter before all of them disappeared. Cayden gave Peter the other paper.

[Ding!]

[Congratulations to the two players who successfully completed the 'Game of hunting thieves' in Normal mode.]

[Survivors: 2]

[Reward: 200 points]

[You are four games away from entering the Dark Tower in ten days!]

[Happy survival games!]

Peter was stunned to read the barrage of words floating above his head. He glanced at Cayden, knowing his best friend saw the same thing. So he is not seeing things right?

What kind of crap is this?

Survivors? My best friend just murdered two fucking thugs!

Reward? What is this thing playing at? Forcing him and Cayden to participate in this bloody hide-and-seek game, Peter did not know what kind of shadow this incident had on his weak best friend.

Peter looks sideways at Cayden. He opened his mouth to say something but did not manage to because of another popup.

Another [Ding!] sounded.

[Drifter Cayden Campbell has a debt of 200 points to pay; hence the reward has been deducted.]

Peter: "Huh?"

Cayden: "..."

[The payment of points has been received.]

[You now have 100 points balance left. Please continue to work hard and pay your debt.]

This damn clock is actually a swindler!

Peter frowns at him curiously, "You have a debt?"

Cayden could not tell his best friend anything, so he just shrugged. "I don't know." After a few seconds, he said, "Maybe it's because I killed the two of them? Those men with animal masks earlier seemed to favor those two."

Peter blinked in bewilderment. "Really? So they hate us? How can they take away the reward just because of that?"

Cayden shrugged. "I don't know. I only guess. Remember that voice earlier that said hunters can decide the rules of the game? So if they were unhappy about the result, they can give or take away the reward as they wish."

Peter slowly nodded. "Hmm, that makes sense. But it's truly unfair."

1