Chapter – 04 Test 2
28 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up with a raging headache. I groan. How long have I been asleep? 

 

“Oh you’re awake” says a voice. 

 

I recognize its Harvest’s voice. 

 

“Hey, do you know how long I’ve been here?”, I ask.

“A few days” 

 

A few days? I don't have time to waste. I need off this planet. 

 

“What happened, what were my results? Did I pass?” 

 

I flood Harvest with so many questions she gets down from off the top bunk and comes down to my level. 

 

“I don't know,” she says as she tilts her head and smiles. “I have my first mission today so don’t expect to see me anytime soon! I know it's sad but I‘ll miss you too roomie” She says as she embraces me in a hug. 

 

I guess I’ll miss her too, but having a room to myself is way better! Harvest then lets me go and heads out the door. I guess I should go down to the nurse’s station to get rid of this headache. I get up from the bunk bed and make my way to the door. As I'm walking down I bump into Jaqua. 

 

“Zeus! You’re just the person I was looking for” He says, smiling brightly. “I made this just for you!” 

 

He hands me a notebook. 

 

“Since your machine is a new prototype and all. I had to study every inch of your machine. Honestly it’s pretty similar to most of the spaceships that we get from other cadets but it's a bit different.” 

 

I open the notebook to find Jaqua’s chicken scratch handwriting. Is he serious? How am I supposed to read this?? I look back at Jaqua who has serious puppy dog eyes going on. 

 

“I love it, thanks” I try to say in my most convincing voice. 

 

“I knew it! As for your test results you passed with a power level of 80. That's pretty impressive, you're the highest cadet we have so far. Hey with a little bit of training you might even beat me. With that I will take my leave. Let me know when you’re ready for the second test.” Jaqua says as he stomps away. 

 

Highest cadet? Might beat him? Excitement filled my brain making me forget all about my headache. I make my way to the library to decipher Jaqua’s hieroglyphics. When I enter I see a few books put on shelves and in the center of all is a giant potted oak tree. They probably couldn’t bring a lot of books on their voyage. I walk past the tree to find a few desks and chairs. I chose the closest chair near the huge giant glass window, displaying the outside world of space. 

 

I open my book and begin. After a few minutes of trying to read Jaqua’s handwriting I slump down in my chair. I give up. I can't do this. That's when a lad with Jet blue like hair comes and sits down next to me. 

 

“You look new, what are you reading. I’ve read everything in this library. Maybe I can help” the stranger looks over at my notebook. “Yikes, what is this??” He says in disgust. 

 

“It’s something vice captain Jaqua gave me” I say disappointedly. 

 

“Listen, here’s some friendly advice: there's an advanced desphire mechanic in our helmets. Just put on your helmet and bingo, you can read my friend.” 

 

“Thank you…” 

 

“The names Zack” 

 

“Thank you, Zack. I’m Zeus” 

 

“You’re welcome. Well Zeus, I best get going.” Zack says as he takes his leave. 

 

I then press the back button that activates my helmet. The words seem to magically fly off the paper and neatly spell themselves out. Prefect, this I can read.   I spend the whole day reading the book front to back taking notes as I go along. 

 

The book explains how to operate my new ship, the blast, and the goal of this organization. I think my favorite fact was the color of suits varies depending on a person's power and personality. As for black suits it says “People with a black suit are usually brave and ambitious people. Yet most of them don’t think before they act and die.” I look down to see what the suit color for Harvest means. “Pink suits are for nice and kind people but they are usually too trusting and often get betrayed.” Seems like her. 

 

When I head back to my room I am exhausted. I fall face first onto my bed and pass out. A few days have passed as I continue this process. Today is the day. I make my way to Jaqua’s office. I knock on the door. 

 

Jaqua opens up the door with a smirk. “Ready for test two?” 

 

With a determined look, I shake my head up and down in agreement. We head to the testing room. I sit down and prepare myself reviewing all the information in my head. Jaqua slams down a packet while he turns to his seat in the front desk. I feel confident about this, I mean I was a college student before this all. Cramming in information and studying for tests is my specialty. 

 

I sweat as I begin the test. It doesn't matter how confident I am, I'm still nervous. The clock in the room ticks by as I answer the questions swiftly. Before I know it I’m done with the test. Jaqua comes and picks up my test. Even though the test was 100 questions it seems way longer with him grading it. 

 

“98%. You pass,well done young grasshopper.” he says smiling, handing my packet back. 

 

He then exits the room. I grab my test and throw my fist in the air. 

 

“Yes!~  I passed.” 

 

Now all that's left is test 3.

3