Chapter – 33 : MISSION COMPLETE
442 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter – 33

MISSION COMPLETE

 

“Gruagh!!”

 

With a ferocious roar several monsters with a wolf-like appearance, leaped forward charging at Yui. They looked identical to a wolf only in their shadow but in truth, it wasn’t quite that simple.

 

Exposing their sharp fangs lining their slender jaw and tough spikes coming out of their body made them true monsters. Fighting one without magic or a sword was impossible.

 

Their deadly charging blow that covered a distance of four yards in just one jump and their huge size made it a C-rank monster.

 

But Yui knew it was coming. Keeping her distance was the entire plan—she was daring the enemy to use it against her and let their guard down. The monster passed just inches from her face. Yui ducked, pressing up her sword against the monster’s belly.

 

Yui with a cry slashed her weapon sideways. Her blade sliced through the body of the creature’s soft underbelly, spraying crimson blood. The dead body chipped in half falls to the side.

 

Yui dashed forward her combo attack continues unabated as two more wolf monsters become a part of her hunt. Chaining into the next sequence of attacks faster than Airi had ever seen anyone do…

 

Yui’s sword skill had advanced to another level in just a single day of practice and she was getting used to the action of a real sword. The flesh she cut through and the blood that sprayed across did not bother her. She was already at that level where Airi could not spot a trace of spilled blood on her gear. Most probably she did not want to get it dirty like the last time and have to do the hard job of washing it later.

 

As her sword leaped back from left to right, it found purchase in another wolf monster’s chest when it tried to lunge at her again. She follows the momentum into a full-body spin and drives her third blow even deeper into the enemy’s core.

 

“Urarrgh!!”

 

Seeing the valiant display of Yui’s sword skills the rest of the monster pack howled together and more of their kin joined trudging from the back and the deeper sections of the forest.

 

It would be no exaggeration to call this place a battlefield now with the rising number of enemies.

 

“Airi I think this is going to be messy.”

 

“Don’t worry I will back you up!” saying that Airi brandishes her magic wand and using it like a musician’s baton waving it in the air a miraculous cacophony brought another catastrophe to the land.

 

Unbelievably a massive section of a mountain rock moved and levitating in the air it crushed dozens of the wolf monsters’ underneath it. The monster's flesh and their entrails almost became one with the flat ground under the heavy weight.

 

“I am glad you are on my side.” Yui giggled as she glanced back at Airi standing at a higher elevation on a flat rock.

 

“Right. Let’s begin the most simple, quick, and complete annihilation of the monster's plans.” Airi laughed announcing her magmatic plan as she rapidly waved her magic wand across the battlefield.

 

“Was there really a plan like that…” Yui without looking back decided on her next sequence of prey. Regaining her mobility, she swings her sword down from high and took out another wolf monster along the way.

 

“There is one now…” Airi spreads her hands, her white hair shines with a silver light and her eyes glow with crimson color. Airi then giggles and thrusts her magic wand like a dagger in the empty air for the final time.

 

A crackling sound from the ground was heard with subsequent violent quakes, Airi’s power manifests into and through the ground. From her previous experience of channeling her magic through trees, Airi had learned how to control magic from below the ground.

 

[ Unique Skill : Connect — Concept Domination ]

[Awakening ⸺ Mystic Eyes]

[ Activating skill : The Eye of Gravitas ]

 

Airi blinks and several of the trees uproot from the ground and starts revolving mid-air. Like flying discs, they shear through the pack of monsters converting them into mince meat.

 

No sooner did the wolf monsters realize their number advantage was of no use to them. They let out a frustrated roar of rage and fear. All of them force their way towards the source of this chaos, Airi, and take her down.

 

“Keep all of your ugly fangs away from her...” In that stream, another force yells as it flows in the opposite direction clearing a straight path.

 

Yui’s combo attack wasn’t over yet. From its full extension to the right, her sword shot diagonally left and upward like a spring, directly striking the enemy’s heart—its critical point.

 

Her sword glows cyan, as if learning a new sword skill a straight line in air travel from the edge of her sword to the other end of the forest. Cutting down a lot more monsters than she actually thought.

 

“Did I just use magic?” Yui asks herself confused looking at the destruction she brought herself.

 

“Amazing Yui, you finally did it.” Airi clears Yui's mind with an appreciative gesture.

 

“Right, let’s end all of this and head back.” Yui looks at her sword with an amazing expression and wonders to what extent she can go further with this new sword skill.

 

[ Unique Skill : Connect — God’s Fist ]

[Awakening ⸺ Infinite Burst]

[Activating skill : Soul Strike]

[Invoke Augmentation Cast : Point Flash]

 

As the giant pack of wolf monsters got considerably reduced in number with Airi unleashing her havoc magic on them crushing all her enemies by throwing them away by quickly rotating a log.

 

Yui holds her sword straight and focuses. It was clear to anyone that it would be her final attack.

 

She could not see magic like Airi but she could clearly feel the immense flow in her body if she concentrates.

 

A blue aura now surrounds her body and it keeps growing in intensity. When Yui finally releases her breath, she had been holding shut her eyes.

 

Yui swings an impossible four-strike combo in quick succession.

 

It left a square of glowing blue lines extending outward from her. The brilliant light shears through the ground and razes all its enemy monsters to the ground.

 

When they finally fade and Yui opens her eyes. She paused to see the unnatural sight of land sliced in half along the edge of her sword.

 

Everything was scattered, shattered, and turned into rubble. A peculiarly empty patch of land had formed on the field.

 

Everything had ended a little too early by Yui’s single sword strike.

 

***

 

{ Next Chapter : Yui's Trouble }

 

Support me on Patreon it helps me a lot to continue writing the novel - https://www.patreon.com/asdark

 

12