Chapter – 35 : A Forthcoming Quest
398 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thanks to our new patron :
  • Tech_Okami
  •  
  • djs19
  •  

patreon page - https://www.patreon.com/asdark

Chapter – 35

A Forthcoming Quest

 

After five minutes the receptionist returned with a giant leather bag and Airi and Yui could hear the jingling sound of countless coins coming from inside it.

 

They were now sure that they had stepped on a golden goose and it was the best choice to bring the mysterious flowers back with them. Especially when their growth was affected by Airi’s magic.

 

“Congratulations the flowers you brought turned out to be the ‘Essence of Tofi’ and is a very rare variety at that. I am surprised you found them when they are out of season. Even the capital won’t have a stock of such a valuable medicine at present.”

 

With an amazed expression, he hands over the big reward to Airi and Yui.

 

“Here are 50 gold coins for the medicinal herb and the rare flowers you brought.”

 

“Yippeee… Airi.” Yui cheered as she tightly clutched her companion between her hands.

 

“Yes, now we won’t have to worry about money or living here for a long time now. We can also get new equipment and repair our adventurer’s gear.” Airi said with a cheerful face.

 

Yui and Airi had already decided that the way to become successful and settle down here was becoming a top-ranked and powerful adventurer so that no one could harm them.

 

Seeing their continuous recent victories past these three days and analyzing their newly found powers made them feel at the top of the world.

 

“Airi let’s head on to our next quest we still have got some time.”

 

“Easy, easy there. I can already tell that you have exhausted a lot of magic power to get the medicinal herb and though you look fine adventurers need to take rest and breaks especially when they are beginning and have a big mission ahead.” The receptionist started explaining.

 

Airi looked with a hint of interest at him at the mention of exhausting their magic. That may be true for Yui but she had replenished most of it almost quickly by eating the monster cores. Is there a way to measure magical energy and changes inside one’s body and how a simple receptionist can be so perceptive as to what they are doing just by glancing at their condition?

 

To some extent, Airi had the same idea of taking a break for a while after fighting an army of wolf monsters.

 

But now she had a much clearer idea as to what the receptionist really wanted from them.

 

“You just now mentioned a big mission ahead. Can I ask who that is for?”

 

“I guess I slipped my tongue. No matter how cute you girls look but you are clever and strong. But you still lack experience in adventuring and might over push yourselves at work which might lead you to make irreversible mistakes.” The receptionist explained.

 

“Is that how it is?” Yui tilts her head and wonders.

 

The man points at the scar on his face and answers Yui’s question. “Well, you see this scar is for that very trivial mistake I caused years back.”

 

“So, mister you too are an adventurer…” Airi quizzically asked.

 

“Well, I am retired now and that’s a long time ago. But the guild wants to issue a request quest to you, and you must fulfill some requirements before accepting it. Are you willing?” the man gets serious now and focuses on Airi and Yui.

 

The two looked at each other’s faces and smiled at their wonderful receptionist who has been so kind and supportive of them.

 

“I see, I am glad to hear your answer. So, here’s what you really need to do.”

 

Yui and Airi attentively listened to him.

 

“Apparently, this town does not have the means to extract the essence of Tofi from the flowers you brought. We have already sent word to the capital that this medicine has been found and they have quickly arranged for a researcher to send over here and verify the item and take it back. Since this information cannot be shared with anyone we want you to become strong and reach rank D before this person arrives.”

 

“I understand. So, you want us to escort this person back to the capital so that the news of this remains undercover.” Airi looks at the receptionist to make sure that she had got everything down.

 

“Yes, and you need to be at least D-rank adventurers for that to happen. Just a few more stellar achievements and you can jump the average timeline required for promotion.”

 

“Airi does that mean we also get to visit the capital? We should totally take this quest.”

 

“So, Yui wants to visit the capital too.”

 

“I am glad we are on the same page.” The receptionist giggled at seeing Airi and Yui so much in sync.

 

“Okay, we will be visiting from tomorrow for our new quest.”

 

“I want to go take a dip in water right now and have a hearty meal.” Yui seemed suddenly tired now. Maybe her muscles had relaxed and the thrill of hunting monsters had cooled down. The receptionist was really right with his decision.

 

Airi concluded that he must be an experienced adventurer.

 

“Also, I want to recommend to you a shop where you can buy magic books to learn new magic and a weapons shop that can repair and maintain your gear. And you would be glad to know that they trade in monster cores too.” The receptionist says with a smirk on his face.

 

Airi and Yui were struck wondering how did he know that they had monster cores on them. But they were relieved that the receptionist did not seem to be prying on the matter.

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about but I am happy to know. Thank you.” Airi says with a strained face.

 

“By-bye.” 

 

Yui hurried with the pleasantries waving off a smiling receptionist.

***

 

{ Next Chapter : A Relaxing Day... is it? }