Chapter 1: Meeting my fiancee
676 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   "I'm sorry to say this to you Arawi-san, but I absolutely don't like you."

   I could only stare at Amano-san with silence. The room was quiet. There were only two of us. To know the context, let's go back in last week.

Last week:

   "I just wanted to express my sadness about not having a girlfriend. I didn't ask you to give me a FIANCEE! Oh Grandpa!"

    "Eh? But I thought you would be happy about it, my baby."

   "For f*** sake, I'm just a high schooler."

   "In our times, we get married in this age."

   "Your times Grandpa... your times..."

   "Also I just wanted to my grandson getting engaged before I die. So please my child..."

   "Sigh... did you even think about the girl?"

   "Of course! Her family already agreed to it."

   "Excuse me?"

   "They just want your confirmation to give their girl's hands to yours."

   "WTF! How did they agreed to it without even knowing me?"

   "Enough now. Me and your parents will be waiting for you on Sunday. Come a little early, about 11 AM. Bye~"

   "Wait! Hello--"

   He cut the phone. I was standing in confusion, disbelief. I, Arawi Kenji, live alone in an apartment in Saitama while my parents and Grandpa lives together in our home which is in a village far away from my school. My parents don't have a say against Grandpa. Basically he is the head of our house. I love Grandpa. We all love him. However some of his selfish wishes really trouble me. 

    This one, is going to be a painful thing. 

    I mean, I can somehow digest the fact there some other old minded people like Grandpa exist who want to engage their daughter in such a little age.

   However, what about the girl herself? Does she want to be engaged? Well she would not want to be engaged with someone like me, that's for sure.

   

   On Sunday, I arrived on time. To my surprise, the girl and her parents were already there. Looks like they are excited more than my grandfather. Grandpa asked me to sit with the girl inside the drawing room to talk with each other privately while they keep waiting outside.

   I have to say, my heart was pounding even though I know the girl would be disappointed to see someone like me- not cool, not handsome, not athletic, not anything that attracts girls.

   I sat down in front of the girl. We both greeted each other. She looked very cute. Long hair, chestnut eyes, her appearance reminded me of one of my classmates- Amano Suiren. She looks exactly like her. She even has a shocked face like her, haha.

  No... wait a minute... isn't she a little too much like her?

  "Umm... excuse me..."

  "Oh my God! Arawi-san!"

  "Ehh? Don't tell me it's really you, Amano-san?"

18