Chapter 3: Day one of living together
511 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   Both my and her parents were happy after hearing that we would live together from now on (of course for totally different reasons). It's like her parents have achieved their goal. 

   While Amano-san was busy shifting her things inside my apartment, I confronted her father outside of everyone's sight. He was surprised by my instincts. 

   "Oh Arawi-san, anything you want?"

   "Yes dear uncle...", I gave him a menacing glare which made him uncomfortable.

   "Yeah what is it, my dear?", he smiled nervously. 

   "I hope it's the last time me or Amano-san is meeting you."

   "Eh?"

   "Did you not get it? Don't disturb her ever again. Or I have to make you understand?"

   "N-No I understood. Understood. Now please excuse me.", he seemed to understand that I know everything. He didn't pretend to naive anymore and left the place immediately. It seems he got frightened to my face.

   Well my face is not dangerous. However if I get angry, my face becomes a type that would generally make people fear of. That's also one of the major reasons why girls and even some boys avoid me.

    

    After all is done, my parents and grandpa also left two of us, wishing good luck. I still can't believe that we are going to live together. Sure, we are not in a real relationship. It's a drama until we graduate and get a job. Then Amano-san would leave my place and it would end once and for all. 

    It was 8 P.M. when the shifting was completed. We already had eaten in a restaurant with my family. So tonight nothing is left to do except going to sleep.

    "Arawi-san, I'm going outside for some time.", Amano-san suddenly asked me.

    "Huh? In this time?"

    "Actually I have to buy a futon for me to sleep in the drawing room."

    "Eh? Why would you sleep in drawing room?"

    "What do you mean? There is only one bedroom."

    Oh shit! I've absolutely forgotten that we only have one bed. Well, that bed is big enough for two persons to sleep. And my grandpa probably thought the same. However, Amano-san is not my real fiancee. So she can't be sleeping in that bed with me.

    The apartment flat consists of one bed room, one bathroom, one kitchen, one drawing room and one small extra room full of books, comics and other things. I usually study there so I call that study room.

    "Even then you don't need to sleep at drawing room."

    "Ah so, I should sleep in the study room? Okay then.", Amano-san proceeded to go towards the study room.

    "Wait no! Where are you going? There is not even enough place to sleep. In fact, why would you sleep on the floor?"

    "I mean, I always slept on the floor. Even without futon. My parents didn't let me sleep anywhere else."

    "Eh?"

    Amano-san... really had gone through so much sufferings. Her parents though... where is Bin Laden when you need him?

    "So I don't really have any problem with sleeping on floor."

    "Then I can't let you sleep on the floor at all. You have suffered enough."

    "Is that so? Then should I sleep on the sofa of the drawing room?"

    "No no... You're going to sleep on the bed."

    "Eh?", Amano-san was surprised by my answer. "But then where would you sleep, Arawi-san?"

   "On the bed..."

   "P-PERVERT!"

   "N-NO NO! I mean it's impossible for me to sleep on the bed. So I would sleep on the sofa instead."

   "B-But it means Arawi-san has to go through trouble because of me.", Amano-san looked down in sadness. 

   "Don't worry about it! I always sleep in the sofa! I actually love sofa! My bed always cries at night, 'Please Arawi-san, come sleep on me~', I be like, 'No my dear, I love my sofa more than anyone'"

    "Liar."

    "N-No I'm telling truth. Actually I even stay awake at night to watch European soccer and always sleep on the sofa while watching."

    Even after that, it took half an hour more to convince her to sleep on the bed. It's not a lie that sometimes I sleep on the sofa. However everytime I suffered from serious waist pain after that.

   But is it worth to suffer a bit for the girl who suffered for a long time? Hell yeah! 

    It's not like I already like her though. Absolutely not...

    Well... Arawi you do like her, don't you? 

    Sigh.... I can't even let Amano-san have a hint of this though. She only agreed to live with me because she trusted me of being harmless. I should keep this secret forever in my chest.

   

   In the end, Amano-san slept peacefully that night. And that's the most important thing. 

   I too... tried to sleep peacefully. It was of no use. I should buy a futon tomorrow and sleep on the floor from next day on. 

[To be continued]

16