Chapter 5: Who is Yoshida?
499 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    After that, nothing remarkable happened in school that day except when our home room teacher announced something...

   "So do you guys remember about our school's Men's Soccer Competition that is about to be held after 1 week?"

   "Oh hell yeah!", Tanaka jumped up from his seat in excitement. All the other boys who regularly play soccer looked pumped up as well.

   Well I do play soccer sometimes but am not a good player by any means. That's why I'm not excited as them. My position-- Goalkeeper. I'm not an athletic player as I said before. That's why the only position I can play is goalkeeper. 

   "So everyone might have known already but I'm just going to say it again.... There will be different trophies for all three years. For example, you're the 1st year class F , you're going to play against different classes of 1st year. It will be a knockout tournament as there are 8 classes from A to H. So QFs, then SFs, then Final, simple as that. And yes I need a list of 15 players tomorrow from your class."

    Today is 30th January. Next week means, from 6th February it will be started. QFs on 6th, SFs on 7th and Final on 8th. 

   "Hey Kenji! I'm gonna write your name too!", Tanaka came to me after the class was over.

   "Don't do it! I'm not good at all. Do you want to lose?"

   "But we are missing a player for  substitute goalkeeper. It's just a substitute position so it won't be a problem."

   "Even if it is substitute, it contains a risk for me to play. Besides I'm thinking about the mid term exams that will be held after 3 weeks from now."

   "Man come on. 3 weeks is a very long time. Please Kenji."

   At that time, my another friend Kouta came to us. He grinned at me and said,

   "Hey Kenji, remember that Soccer has a very good fan following. So if you have a chance to play for the class and play brilliantly, then you might attract many girls. And also Valentines day is just a week after that. You know where I'm going right?"

   "BRUH."

   I know where you're going. But you're forgetting that it's me you're talking. Firstly, I'm not going to be able to perform well anyway. And even if by some miracle I do, I still won't attract any female because...

   1) Goalkeepers aren't really the stars of the show and often been overlooked for strikers. Tanaka and Kouta may have a chance because they both plays in forward role.

   2) It's me.

   And also I'm not in a mood in getting any girl's attraction right now because I have a task in my hand - to ensure that Amano-san doesn't have any problems as long as she is staying with me.

   "Oh yeah of course. I'm also excited to perform well and get a girlfriend like you, Kouta. I'm absolutely pumped.", Tanaka announced.

   "Oi, don't you have Sakura already? How many do you want?", Kouta asked him.

   "Sakura is just a childhood friend. How many times do I have to say to you? Well... it's not like I would mind if she liked me. But I don't think that's the case..."

   ""God you're so dense."", both me and Kouta said in disbelief.

   All these times, Amano-san was talking with her friend Sakura Rin. By the way coincidentally she is the childhood friend of Tanaka we were talking. She lives near his house. According to Tanaka, she is not his girlfriend. But from our special reports, we can confirm that she likes him. Just Tanaka has to see through it, then we can officially count them as couple.

    Just as we were talking about her, Sakura walked towards us. Did she hear us?  I don't think so. She grabbed Tanaka's shoulders and said,

   "I'm going to cheer for you, Tanaka-kun! Win for our class!"

   "O-Oh that's f-fantastic.", I could see Tanaka blushing as Sakura's face was too close to his.

   To calm things down, Kouta said, "Of course Sakura would be cheering. But we need more support. So Sakura, what about the others?"

   "Well the boys would be supportive no doubt. I'm sorry but almost all the other girls are going to support not us but class A.", Sakura said in a disappointing tone.

   "Oh... just as I was afraid.", Kouta seemed as if he understood.

   "Why is it, Kouta? I don't get it.", I expressed my doubt.

   "Don't you know, Kenji? Class A has Yoshida. The most handsome, most athletic, smartest as he always ranks in top 3 in school's exams, and also the best soccer player of this school. That's why all the girls are just... you know..."

   "I-I see..."

   Yoshida huh? I heard of him before. He even plays for Saitama U-17 soccer team. He is just that good. 

   

   I came back home after playing some soccer with others. Even if you're the substitute. You should at least practice sometimes. When I got back, Amano-san was already in home. But she was heading outside. 

   "Oh welcome back, Arawi-san."

   "Yeah but where are you going, Amano-san?"

   "The fridge is empty. So I have to buy some ingredients to make dinner."

   "Oh... but then wait. I will help you."

   "...Really?"

   "Yeah. In fact, you can just sit down. You may be tired. I will go and buy them."

   "Nah it's okay. I'll go with Arawi-san."

   In the end, we both went to shopping in the nearest mall. It felt like we are a couple while I was helping her. I don't know what Amano-san feels when she's with me but my heart always beats fast.

   "Arawi-san, can you bring the chicken from the meat section?"

   "Yes. Anything ma'am."

   "D-Don't tease me."

    "Haha okay."

    She looks cute even when she stutters. I don't see anyone cuter than her.

   I then looked for the chicken and other things and came back. However at that moment I saw... someone... a boy... talking to Amano-san there.

   It is a very handsome boy. Did I see him somewhere before? Who is he? Moreover why is he talking to Amano-san?

    

[To be continued]

15