Chapter 8: The next day
444 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well I'm back... finally! Couldn't write anything past week due to study for my upcoming exams. And will not be able to write anything before next week too (sobs...). But here is another chapter (hurrah!) before I meet you in the next week (sobs...).

Arawi Kenji:

   "Oi Arawi! Why are you sleeping?"

   "...."

   "Oi!"

   "A-Ah.. oh sensei... why are you in my room?"

   While I was still trying to get back into my senses, the whole classroom burst into laughter. Then I understood that I was in school. And my teacher was... kind of not pleased by this...

   "So Mr. Arawi... please come to my office after lunch okay?"

   "O-Okay..."

   That's it... another day in the office. I noticed Amano-san was looking at me awkwardly. She herself was kind of responsible for this. No, she was 100% responsible for this.

   Last midnight, we were watching La Liga on TV. It was my fault for not reducing the volume of TV which woke her up.  However who told her to sit with me in the sofa and then... sleep right there... resting her head on my shoulder!?

   I mean... just think about me. I'm not a tough guy. I almost died there. In fact I don't know how I am still alive. I sat there still. The soccer match was finished by then. Barcelona had won 4-1 against Atletico Madrid. But I was in a different state. 

   I thought about waking her up. But I didn't want to.... She was looking so cute while sleeping. Also I didn't want to disturb her sleep once again like I did before unintentionally. 

   Then I thought about holding her up and carrying her to the bed. However if somehow she woke up there she might misunderstand and think me of attacking her. That would be disastrous. 

   In the end I decided to sleep right there on the sofa... just like she was sleeping. She was sleeping quite comfortably while resting her head on my shoulder. However it was the exact opposite for me. I just... couldn't sleep. The sensation was too much for me.

    I sat there still for hours. It was probably 6 A.M. when I somehow fell asleep. Only one more hour passed, and I was awoken by Amano-san. My right arm was in severe pain because of staying still for whole night under the pressure. 

    Her face looked awkward because she knew what happened last night. She apologised right away and I didn't have the energy to lecture her.

    I should have hugged her once that time. I missed that golden opportunity which I would regret. In fact she was so defenseless that if it wasn't me, she would obviously be attacked. However, she was defenseless because she trusts me... as a harmless boy. That's the reason why she agreed to live together in the first place. And I don't want her trust to be broken. 

    I still should have hugged her once though.

    

    At lunch, I went to the teachers office. On the way I saw Amano-san standing on the corridor. There were not many students at that time so she talked to me without being nervous. 

   "I'm sorry, Arawi-san. You got scolded because of me."

   "No way. I was scolded because I slept in the class."

   "But it's because--"

   "Even my friends sleep very late. But they still don't get sleepy in the class. It's not because of Amano-san but only me.", I assured her not to be worried. 

   "Even then....", she thought about something and then sparked her eyes, "Okay! As an apology, I will make you special dinner tonight!"

   "Eh? You really don't have to work yourself so hard-"

   "Nah I would definitely make up for my mistake."

    There's no use. She left without giving me a chance to talk.

   After lunch when I was released by my teacher, Tanaka and Kouta came towards me. 

   "Yo Kenji! That's rare for you to sleep in the class."

   "Yeah I was just watching La Liga late night."

    "You always watch late night football. But it never happened before. Anyway... remember from tomorrow our football competition will begin! So sleep well tonight to get ready for tomorrow."

   Oh... tomorrow is 6th February? Yeah... so that would be the start of our school's soccer cup. Tanaka is pumped for this as usual.

   "Oh but would it really matter? I'm a substitute goalkeeper.", I reminded him.

   "Jeez, why are you so unexcited, Kenji? Do you want to be the main goalkeeper?"

   "No way! I have no interest to embarrass myself in front of the whole school. #Karius2.0"

   "Your mentality should be like - Today I'll show the school who I am and make all the girls my prey!"

   "......No."

   Tanaka gave up explaining me. Then Kouta told me,

   "Then at least cheer for us. You know the entire school would be there to watch this. Tomorrow would be quarter finals. Our target should be to at least play the final on 8th."

    Yeah that would be nice... cheering....

    The dinner was as expected... delicious. Tempura1Basically Fried Fish, Yakitori2Juicy soaked chicken, Fried Rice, curry, miso soup. How did she even make this tasty food?... I would never understand.

   I praised her as much as I could and it still didn't feel enough. She made it as an apology. It feels too much for an apology though. After dinner I sat on the sofa. There was a book on the sofa. It was not a study book but a novel. A light novel?

   Was she reading a light novel? Does she read light novel? Maybe...

   I read the title... Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsu no Ma ni ka Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken

   Hey, I've heard about this light novel.... it's a love story about a boy and his neighbour who is a beautiful girl. However I never read it. Simply because... I didn't want to be so jealous of that boy...

   But Amano-san read this type of novels? It's so cute.

   "A-Arawi-san give me b-back that."

   "Whoa!"

   As I was thinking about her, she snatched the book from me. She was so embarrassed. She almost had tears on her eyes. I felt bad.

   "W-Why are you holding this?"

   "Actually it was on the sofa."

   "O-Oh then it's my fault. I forgot it here. But even then you should not!"

   "It's okay. Nothing is wrong with reading light novels. Why are you so worried?"

   "But... it's embarrassing."

   "I also read light novels. Nothing wrong with it."

   "Is that so?... then it's okay."

   She sat on the sofa while holding it.

   "Actually it's my guilty pleasure. Whenever my mood is off, I read this heartwarming novel."

   "Really... I never read it though. And do girls like it? I thought it was of seinen genre. A good for nothing boy spoiled by an angel."

   "I don't know about others but I do like it. And please, The protagonist is a wonderful guy. Don't talk bad about him. In fact I myself envy the girl to have him.", she pouted at me.

   "Sorry haha."

   So she likes the protagonist? I need to read this ASAP! No joke. Who are you Mr. Protagonist?

[To be continued]

Next chapters would be about the Soccer tournament. I'm so excited! However my final exams would begin in 6 days (sobs...) I could only come back after 2 weeks. So with great pain, see you next time :( 

14