Chapter 9: Birthday Gift for the fiancee (Part 1)
419 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arawi Kenji:

 

    It's 6th February, 2:30 PM. 

    I'm currently sitting on the school ground. A little crowd has also gathered here. Mostly the students of Class H and Class F are here.

    Why? Well... because of the soccer match between our class (Class F) and Class H. It's only one of the quarter finals. That can explain the low number of crowd. If this was the final (which will be on 8th), the whole school would gather around the Soccer ground. Those who couldn't see, would watch from the windows of the upper floors. 

   Today, though, only the boys have come here to support their respective teams. The girls, most of them have either gone home or still inside their classrooms. Amano-san has also gone home. 

   I would have liked if she stayed to watch our match... but then again, I don't want her to see me as a substitute goalkeeper who just sit on the sideline and is a cheerleader for the team.

   However Sakura is here as the only girl in the crowd to cheer for us... mainly to cheer for Tanaka. And she is constantly doing it over the time. I have to appreciate her for the effort. 

   While the match was going on, my mind was on somewhere else. Today is 6th February. It's not just our match day. But it's also... the birthday of Amano-san. 

   Of course she didn't tell me that. Also she probably doesn't remember it herself. It was me who accidentally noticed her birth date on her School ID a few days ago.

   

   But what should I do? I have to do something for her of course. For the past few days it seemed as if her mood improved a lot compared to when we started to live together. I have to ensure that she remains happy everytime. 

   So today I have to celebrate her birthday with her. A surprise gift would be a very good idea. But what gift should I give her?

   "Oi Kenji."

   "............."

   "HEY!"

   "Whoa! What happened Tanaka? Go back to the field. Why are you shouting?"

   "Dude... it's half time."

   "Hm?... Oh yeah it's half time. Yeah."

   "Don't just 'Yeah' to me. I know you're not playing but at least cheer for us. You're not even watching the match."

   "I think Sakura is here for cheering, isn't she?"

   SMACK

   Ouch... Looks like Sakura didn't like my words.

   "Dear God... it's pathetic that only I'm cheering for the team. And it's not specifically to Arawi but also other boys too. This is probably why we are losing right now."

   She not only scolded me, but also all of the boys of our class who weren't playing but just standing there. She urged all of us to cheer and support for our class.

   Half-time score: Class H 2-1 Class F

   "Don't worry everyone! It's only one goal margin and we still have 45 minutes left!", Tanaka claimed in his usual energetic tone.

   "That's my Tanaka-kun! Score a hat trick now!"

    "I-If you're asking for it... then of course!"

    

    The second half began and this time we didn't disappoint. All of us cheered our lungs out! We started to play way better than first half as well.

   Sakura was sitting right next to me. I thought it was the right moment to ask an important question. 

   "Hey Sakura..."

   "Yeah what now, Arawi?"

   "Suppose today is your birthday. What gift should I give you?"

    ".......huh?"

   Sakura looked at me suspiciously. Then she looked at Tanaka who was running in the field to chase the ball. Then she told me with her hand on her chest,

   "I'm sorry Arawi. My heart... belongs to Tanaka-kun. So whatever you give me, it can't change my heart."

   "......."

   "I know it hurts. I too don't like to hurt anyone. But I'm sorry it's helpless. So please give up on me..."

   "BRUH...."

   This girl is useless. Forget about it... she is in her own world of delusions. I need to get help from other ways.

   Meanwhile our Tanaka-kun didn't disappoint at all. In the 77th minute he scored a great header to equalise the scores and in the 85th minute he scored another to win the match. We were through to the semis. Everyone celebrated like we won the tournament.... 

    Full time score: Class H 2-3 Class F

    "You lucky b*stard. Everyone is praising you, but not me and Nuku who assisted you for the goals.", Kouta claimed and hit Tanaka's back.

    When everyone was busy praising Tanaka (including Sakura of course), something remarkable happened. 

   "Huh? Why are there so many crowd suddenly?", I asked as I saw so many girls and boys started to gather around the ground. But our match was already finished. 

   Kouta, who was tired after the game, sit down and told me,

   "Next quarter final is Class A vs Class D, that's why."

   "Huh?", I was confused. 

   "What? Did you forget? Yoshida of class A... I told you right?"

   "... Ohh..."

   Now I get it. It makes sense. The best player in the school. Obviously everyone would want to see him. Especially the girls...

   "Don't tell me... they all are going to support class A because of Yoshida?"

   "Oh yeah of course. RIP class D in advance."

   Unbelievable... I would be sh*t scared to play if the whole school would be against my team...

   But anyway.... our match is over... I have to go now and buy gift for Amano-san.

   "Oi Kenji! Where are you going? Won't you watch the next match?"

   "Sorry I have some urgent work..."

Amano Suiren:

  

    Since returning home from school, I was sitting on the sofa. I tried  to watch the TV but nothing interesting aired that would change my mood.

   I am lonely... I should have stayed with Rin and watched the soccer match of our class. I could even see Arawi-san playing although he said he would just be a substitute. 

    However I felt sick at that time. I wanted to return home as soon as possible. I just wished... Arawi-san would come back home too.

    That's incredibly selfish from me. He can't babysit me everytime. He has other works, his own life too. I'm not even his real fiancee. Yet, he is so kind to me.

   At that moment, I got two messages from Rin in my phone.

  <Hurrah! We won 3-2!>

  <Tanaka-kun scored 2 goals in the 2nd half! I love him so so so muchhhhhh>

   I guess she is in fantastic mood right now. Her childhood friend (hopefully future boyfriend) apparently won everyone's heart.

   Should I ask her about Arawi-san? Did he play? Or where is he now?

   But again, this would make her suspicious about us.

    At that time another message popped up.

   <Hey you know? Today I had to break another boy's heart. But at least he didn't break down and understood that my heart only belongs to Tanaka-kun>

   Really? Good I guess... it's not a new thing. So many boys have tried to go out with Rin before too. She is a very beautiful girl. Much more than me obviously.

   I replied: <Oh. Is that so? Did the boy confess to you?>

   <No. He wanted to know what gifts I like so that he can give me. Innovative way to hit on a girl.>

   Are you sure that boy's intention was that? Maybe he genuinely wanted just to know what gifts you like and nothing else.... whatever...

   <But I hope I would remain friends with him. He is a very helpful and kind boy and Tanaka-kun's good friend.>

    Huh.... so I too know that boy? Now I'm curious... who is that? 

   <Hey Rin. Who is that guy actually?>

   <Umm.... I think you know him. You know Arawi right? Tanaka-kun's friend who always be with him.>

   "............"

    Eh.........

[To be continued]

   

14