[001] Prolegomenon – In the beginning
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Warning: This contains lots of exposition.

"In the beginning, there was chaos."

"Incorrect," responded the lecturer as he looked over the uninterested listeners, "does anyone else have an answer?"

Seeing no one answer the lecturer continued, "In the beginning, there was the void. As some of you may know one of the few primordial laws of the void is that if something exists, even if it may not be linear time must exist, in turn, if nothing exists then time will not exist. Another of these primordial laws is that the void is continuously fluctuating independent of time." Pausing to catch his breath the lecturer asked, "Is everyone still with me?"

Wanting the lecturer to finally be done the small group of listeners answered with a chorus of unenthusiastic yeses.

Hearing this the lecturer resumed, "So these void fluctuations gave birth to something. This something took the form of matter contained by space. This new 'space' merged with the new rendition of time that came with this something creating what we call space-time. As time, which is spread throughout the entirety of the void, merged with space, the leftover void consolidated to form matter. This matter quickly formed planets and stars, which formed solar systems, which formed galaxies so on and so forth. This process of space-time expansion and void consolidation to this day continues."

Seeing the confused expressions of the few individuals who were actually paying attention, the lecturer said, "Now some of you might be confused because you were told that the world tree Mimameidr is what forms worlds. Although it is true that Mimameidr creates worlds you must keep in mind that this all took place way before Mimameidr ever existed." Satisfied with his clarification the lecturer went back to his previous topic, "Now many eons later the first life emerged!"

Some quiet groans could be heard from the audience as the lecturer paused for effect. Seemingly oblivious to the audience's reaction the lecturer continued, "It took many more years till the first animals let alone sapient creatures emerged. Then at some point, somehow, a tree started growing, this tree manifested the foundational laws of space-time, nature, order and magic. From accounts of the different civilizations of the planet from which this tree originated we know that it was like a slow apocalypse. Taking centuries to cover the entire planet in its seemingly ever-growing roots. At some point, these civilizations started living in and on the tree which we call to this day Mimameidr but that is a story for another time."

1