[019] Bashiri Interlude I – Liang, Jin, Lena, and Liu Wei
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter/interlude is a little short and not all that important to the story since it takes place outside of Bashiri's inner world.

 

World Location: A Mid-trunk Bough > Foot of Bashiri's mountain


The town at the base of the mountain was a bustling hub of activity. Traders and merchants bustled about, hawking their wares while beggars and peddlers roamed the streets in search of coin. Amidst the throng of people, a group of young men caught the eye. They were dressed in the flowing robes and loose trousers of cultivators, and the aetheric aura surrounding them marked them as more than mere mortals.

One of them was named Liang, a youth with an easy smile and a quick wit. He and his friends had grown up in the shadow of the mountain, watching as cultivators came and went, awed by their power and their seemingly endless lifespans. As soon as they were old enough, they had all begun to train in the martial and mystical arts, hoping to one day ascend to the heights of power that the cultivators had reached.

On this day, Liang and his friends had come to the town in search of supplies. They needed more aether stones to power their techniques, as well as food and other necessities. As they made their way through the crowded market, they found themselves jostled and buffeted by the throngs of people.

But Liang was not deterred. He had been training for years, and his senses were sharp. He could feel the flow of aether around him, and he knew how to use it to enhance his speed and agility. He darted through the crowd like a fish through water, dodging around carts and leaping over obstacles with ease.

His friends were not far behind. They had been training together for years, and their movements were perfectly coordinated. They flowed through the market like a single organism, their auras blending together to form a protective shell around them.

As they approached the aether stone vendor, Liang could feel his pulse quickening with excitement. This was the life he had chosen, the path he had set for himself. He loved the feeling of power that came with his training, the sense that he was mastering forces beyond the understanding of mortal men.

The vendor greeted them warmly, his wrinkled face creasing into a smile as he recognized the young cultivators. He knew them well; they were regular customers, always eager for more aether stones to fuel their training.

Liang and his friends browsed the wares, carefully inspecting each stone for flaws or impurities. They were discerning buyers, unwilling to settle for anything less than the best. When they had made their selections, they paid the vendor and thanked him warmly.

As they made their way back to their homes on the outskirts of town, Liang couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction. He knew that the path of the cultivator was a difficult one, fraught with danger and uncertainty. But he also knew that it was the only path for him. He could feel the aether coursing through his veins, and he knew that he was destined for greatness.

He glanced up at the towering peak of the mountain, knowing that somewhere high above, there were cultivators who had already attained the highest levels of power. He felt a thrill of anticipation, knowing that someday he would join them.

But for now, he was content to continue his training, to hone his skills and perfect his techniques. He and his friends had a long journey ahead of them, but they were ready for it. They were cultivators, and nothing could stop them from reaching their goals.

 

As the sun began to set over the bustling metropolis at the base of the mountain, a young man made his way through the crowded streets. His tall, muscular figure drew the attention of many as he strode confidently past vendors and performers alike, his long black hair flowing behind him like a banner.

He was known as Jin, a cultivator who had risen quickly through the ranks of the local sects and clans. Though he possessed great power and influence, Jin was not known for his kindness or generosity. He was arrogant and cruel, using his status to manipulate and control those around him.

As he approached his lavish residence, located in one of the most affluent areas of the metropolis, Jin's thoughts turned to the upcoming competition that would determine the most powerful cultivator of the younger generation in the area. He had been preparing for months, practicing his techniques and refining his aether manipulation.

Jin had already won the competition three years in a row, and he was determined to maintain his position as the undisputed champion. He saw the other cultivators as nothing more than obstacles in his path to greater power and influence.

As he entered his spacious residence, Jin was greeted by his retinue of servants and attendants, all bowing and scraping before him. He dismissed them with a wave of his hand and made his way to his private chambers, where he spent hours meditating and practicing his aether manipulation.

Outside, the sounds of the bustling metropolis continued, but within the walls of Jin's residence, there was only silence. He was consumed by his desire for power, for greater mastery over the aether and the ability to dominate all those around him.

But despite his great wealth and influence, Jin was not content. He knew that there were others out there who were even more powerful than he was, and he hungered for their secrets and their techniques.

As the night wore on, Jin remained in his chambers, lost in thought and focused on his goals. He was willing to do whatever it took to achieve his ambitions, even if it meant sacrificing those around him.

And so, as the dawn broke over the metropolis, Jin emerged from his chambers, ready to continue his relentless pursuit of power and dominance.

 

Lena had been a slave for as long as she could remember. Her parents had been slaves, and their parents before them. She was born into servitude, and she knew she would die in it too. It was a bleak and hopeless existence, but Lena had long since given up on any hope of escape. Instead, she focused on making the best of the hand she had been dealt.

Her current master was a wealthy and powerful cultivator named Shen. He was known throughout the metropolis for his brutal and uncompromising nature. He had built his fortune on the backs of slaves like Lena, and he showed no mercy to those who failed to meet his expectations.

Lena's duties involved cooking and cleaning in Shen's lavish mansion. She worked long hours, and the work was grueling, but she was grateful for the relative safety and comfort it provided. Shen was a harsh taskmaster, but he was also fair. As long as Lena did her job well, she was left largely unharmed.

One day, however, everything changed. Shen had been entertaining a group of other cultivators in his home, and Lena had been working tirelessly to prepare the feast. As she was bringing out the final course, a group of bandits burst into the room, weapons drawn.

The cultivators were taken completely by surprise, and before they knew what was happening, the bandits had slain several of them and taken the rest captive. Lena was caught up in the chaos, and she found herself being dragged away along with the other slaves.

The bandits took them up into the lower parts of the mountain, far from the safety of the metropolis. They were held captive in a makeshift camp, surrounded by rough and dangerous men who seemed to have no qualms about killing them at the slightest provocation.

Lena was terrified. She had never been so far from the safety of the metropolis before, and she knew that the chances of anyone coming to rescue them were slim to none. But despite her fear, she was determined to survive.

She quickly learned to keep her head down and stay out of trouble. She also discovered that some of the bandits were more sympathetic to their plight than others. One in particular, a grizzled man named Landon, seemed to take a special interest in Lena.

He would sneak her extra scraps of food and water, and he even taught her a few self-defense techniques to help her stay safe. Lena was grateful for his help, but she also knew that he was still a dangerous criminal, and she couldn't let her guard down completely.

Days turned into weeks, and the bandits showed no sign of releasing their captives. Lena began to lose hope that anything would change. But then, one day, they heard the sound of horns in the distance.

It was a group of cultivators, led by none other than Shen himself. Lena couldn't believe her eyes as she watched her former master and his fellow cultivators battling the bandits with ferocity and skill. It was a brutal fight, but in the end, the cultivators emerged victorious. However, in the chaos with no one any the wiser, Lena found the opportunity to run away into the forest.

 

A young cultivator named Liu Wei wandered the streets, his eyes darting about nervously as he searched for any opportunity to improve his cultivation. He had been orphaned at a young age and left to fend for himself on the streets, but he had discovered his innate talent for cultivation and had been honing his skills in secret ever since.

Liu Wei's current goal was to enroll in one of the prestigious cultivation schools in the city. He knew that the competition would be fierce, but he was determined to make it. He had saved up every scrap of money he could find, and after much searching, he finally found a school that would accept him.

The school was located in one of the more rundown areas of the city, but Liu Wei didn't care. He was just grateful for the opportunity. He arrived at the school, his heart pounding with excitement and nervousness. As he stepped through the gates, he was greeted by a group of sneering older students.

"Looks like we have a little orphan joining us," one of them snickered.

Liu Wei clenched his fists, but he knew better than to pick a fight. Instead, he took a deep breath and walked past them, determined to prove himself through his actions.

The next few weeks were a blur of intense training and gruelling tests. Liu Wei was pushed to his limits, but he refused to give up. He practiced his techniques tirelessly, never resting until he had perfected each one.

As time went on, Liu Wei began to make a name for himself at the school. His fellow students grudgingly respected him, and the teachers praised his determination and work ethic. He knew that he still had a long way to go, but he was proud of how far he had come.

However, the cutthroat world of cultivation schools was not without its dangers. One day, Liu Wei discovered that a group of students had been stealing from him, taking his money and equipment while he slept. He was furious, but he knew that he couldn't confront them directly. Instead, he plotted his revenge.

Liu Wei spent the next few days gathering information and planning his attack. He knew that he couldn't take on the group of students alone, so he enlisted the help of some of his classmates who had also been targeted by the thieves.

Together, they launched a surprise attack on the group, catching them off guard and overpowering them with their superior cultivation skills. In the end, they recovered all of their stolen goods and sent a clear message to anyone who dared to mess with them.

Liu Wei continued to excel at the school, but he never forgot the lessons he had learned. He knew that the world of cultivation was a dangerous place, but he was determined to become stronger and survive, no matter what challenges lay ahead.

1