[023] Bashiri Chapter 19 – The Lunar Ice Fortress
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In case anyone's wondering no I haven't forgotten about the Firebird from a few chapters back we will be getting back to it eventually.

3129 words (12 pages) - 4/28/2023

The frozen wasteland is a harsh and unforgiving environment, where only the strongest and most resilient creatures can hope to survive. For years, scientists and historians have been trying to unravel the mysteries of how the creatures in this land manage to thrive, despite the lack of food and water.

One theory that has gained considerable traction in recent times is that the creatures of the Wasteland are able to survive on aether, a mysterious and elusive energy that permeates the very fabric of this world. Aether is said to be imbued in the stones and crystals that dot the landscape, and it is believed that some creatures are capable of absorbing it directly into their bodies.

The exact mechanism by which aether sustains these creatures is not yet fully understood, but it is thought to play a crucial role in their survival. Some experts have suggested that aether may be used to enhance their abilities, allowing them to better adapt to their environment and overcome the challenges they face.

While many questions remain about the nature of aether and its role in the Wasteland, one thing is certain: it is a vital component in the delicate ecosystem of this frozen land, and without it, life as we know it would be impossible.

~Excerpt from The Mysterious Ecosystem of The Frozen Wastelands by Igtuxx Sancron, a scientist turned historian.

 


World Location: A Mid-trunk Bough > Bashiri's Inner World


SOME FINAL TOUCHES
1513 IF 5601:00

Bashiri, the powerful and wise god of his own inner world, stood suspended in the air beside the trunk of the Tree of Creation. As he gazed out into the limitless expanse that surrounded him, his thoughts turned to the creatures that lived within his realm. In particular, he felt a sudden urge to check on the ice wolves, who resided in a frozen wasteland far below.

Without hesitating for even a moment, Bashiri warped the fabric of space itself. With a single step, he traversed the vast distances that separated him from the wolves, appearing in the sky above them in an instant.

The frozen landscape stretched out below him like a vast, white canvas, punctuated by jagged peaks of ice and snow. In the distance, the wolves' den lay inside a cave whose entrance was nestled under a rocky outcropping, shielded from the biting winds by a curtain of falling snow.

Bashiri, the god of his own inner world, stood suspended in the sky with an otherworldly grace. His golden robes rippled like liquid metal, caught in an invisible breeze that flowed around him like a river. The fabric seemed to take on a life of its own, billowing out behind him like a pair of great, shining wings.

From his elevated position high above the frozen wasteland, Bashiri looked down upon the frigid terrain with his piercing golden eyes. The snow-covered ground below seemed to blur and distort beneath his divine gaze, the freezing winds carrying the faint whispers of his power.

With a single glance, Bashiri saw right through the thick layers of snow and ice, peering deep into the hidden cavern where the ice wolves lay dormant, undergoing a metamorphosis that could take decades to complete. His mind effortlessly scanned the area, taking in every detail with an almost supernatural clarity.

As he surveyed the frozen wasteland below, Bashiri could sense the very essence of the world around him, the ebb and flow of life energy pulsing beneath the icy surface. Despite the bitter cold and howling winds, he remained unfazed, his will and power transcending the limitations of even his own world.

Bashiri's voice rumbled low in his throat as he grumbled under his breath about Nilggover's carelessness. The mighty time dragon had seemingly abandoned the ice wolves to their own devices after triggering their evolution.

 

Novegar felt a deep and primal fear rise up within him, threatening to consume his very being. It was a fear that he had never felt before, one that went beyond the rational and the logical. It was a fear that spoke to the very core of his being, tapping into something ancient and primal that he could not fully comprehend.

His heart pounded in his chest, each beat sending waves of fear through his body. His breaths came in short gasps, and he could feel the cold sweat that had broken out on his skin. He tried to calm himself, to reason with the fear that was threatening to overwhelm him, but it was no use for a good few hours.

 

Bashiri's hand rose majestically into the air, a whirlwind of power and potential surging around him as he commanded an unimaginable amount of aether. The very fabric of the world seemed to ripple and shift beneath his touch, as if bowing to his will.

With a sudden and decisive flick of his wrist, Bashiri brought his hand down, unleashing a cataclysmic burst of energy that sent shockwaves rippling through the frozen wasteland below. The air itself seemed to ignite with power, blazing with a radiance that threatened to blind all who beheld it.

As Bashiri's hand descended towards the ground, time seemed to stand still. All around him, the very fabric of reality seemed to warp and twist, as if struggling to contain the sheer force of his will.

In an instant, a powerful surge of energy exploded forth from Bashiri's hand, rippling through the frozen wasteland below. The air itself seemed to crackle and hum with power, as if infused with a raw, untamed energy.

As the shockwaves dissipated, Bashiri watched as one of the many mysterious legacies of the ancient ghosts materialized in the distance, a shimmering apparition that glowed with an ethereal light.

Meanwhile, a tiny sliver of aether flowed into the ice wolves, working its magic to speed up their evolution. The very essence of their being seemed to shimmer and shift, as if undergoing a profound transformation.

Even the Icebird, which was keeping watch over the wolves, felt a strange sensation deep within its mind as it heard the divine voice of Bashiri speaking to it, imparting knowledge and wisdom that would be useful to the wolves very soon.

Satisfied that he has done all that he can for the wolves, Bashiri easily rips a hole in space and leaves his inner world through it, returning to the physical realm. But his mind lingers on the inner world he has created, wondering what other surprises and challenges await him there. For Bashiri relishes any opportunity to continue on his path of greatness, to become even stronger and more powerful than he already is.


UNNATURAL AETHER IN THE AIR
1513 IF 5601:00 > 1513 IF 1905:00

Deep in the heart of the frozen wastelands, nestled within a jagged crevice, lay a small, unassuming moon-shaped stone. It glowed faintly in the darkness, casting an eerie light upon the barren landscape. The stone lay dormant, its presence all but forgotten in the desolate land.

Something strange began to happen. Imperceptibly at first, the stone began to pulse with a faint energy that grew stronger with each passing day. The glow grew brighter, casting a warm, inviting light upon the frozen terrain.

The stone was the source of a powerful aether, the legacy of a long-lost ghost that Bashiri himself had recently displaced. As its magic began to grow stronger, the stone began to draw in the surrounding ice, forming it block by block around its glowing surface.

It was as if the stone had awakened from a long slumber, stirring with an ancient power that had lain dormant for far too long. And as the stone's magic grew stronger, it began to draw in the surrounding ice, shaping it block by block into something new and formidable.

As the Lunar Ice Fortress began to take shape, the ice blocks fused together with a powerful aether, a force that seemed to emanate from the very core of the stone. The fortress grew with alarming speed, its walls rising higher and higher above the snow-covered earth.

In time, the fortress became a towering behemoth, a glimmering jewel in the heart of the frozen wasteland. Its walls shone like diamonds in the pale light of the moon, a testament to the stone's unearthly power.

Meanwhile, not far from the fortress, the Silver-Fang was stirring from a deep slumber. Like the other wolves, his evolution had been hastened by a sliver of the aether that Bashiri had commanded, and he had emerged from the process stronger and more formidable than ever before.

As he rose to his feet, the other werewolves began to stir, their bodies finishing their rapid-paced transformation and growth. At first, they were disoriented and unsure of their newfound abilities. But as they explored the land around them, they grew stronger and more confident, their senses honed by the power of the aether.

 

At one point, Silver-Fang noticed the Icebird perched on a nearby ice outcropping, watching them like it wanted to say something.

"Hello," greeted Silver-Fang, approaching the Icebird. "Is there something you need?"

The Icebird responded telepathically, "Yes, there is something I must attend to. It is of utmost importance, and I must go alone."

Silver-Fang looked at the bird with concern. "Is everything alright? Can we help in any way?"

The Icebird shook its head. "No, this is a matter that concerns only myself for now. I will return soon. Keep practicing, and hone your skills. You will need them in the times to come."

And with that, the Icebird took flight, disappearing into the distance.

Silver-Fang and his pack watched as the Icebird flew off, feeling a sense of uncertainty and apprehension. They trusted the Icebird, but its mysterious departure left them with more questions than answers. They returned to their practice, trying to push their doubts aside and focus on their training.

Later, as they took a break outside their cave den, they were greeted by a bitter wind that chilled them to the bone. The frozen wasteland stretched out before them, a desolate expanse of snow and ice that seemed to go on forever.

As the werewolves huddled together for warmth, they noticed something strange in the air. It was a scent unlike anything they had ever experienced before. It was faint, but unmistakable, and it filled them with a sense of unease.

"What is that smell in the aether?" asked one of the werewolves, his ears perked up in alarm.

"I don't know," replied another, shivering despite his thick fur. "But it's not natural."

Silver-Fang, who had been watching the group from a distance, approached them with a knowing expression. "I sense it too," he said, his eyes scanning the horizon for any sign of danger.

As they stood there, abve them in the clouds the Icebird flew overhead, its wings beating against the icy wind. It looked down at them with a knowing expression before soaring off into the distance once more.

"We need to investigate this," Silver-Fang said decisively. "But we must be careful. The frozen wasteland can be treacherous, and we don't know what we're dealing with."

The pack nodded in agreement, and a few hours later they set off toward the source of the strange scent, their senses alert for any signs of danger.

As Silver-Fang and his packmates ventured deeper into the frozen wasteland in search of the source of the strange energy, Like usual the biting cold seeped through their fur, and every step they took seemed to crunch against the frozen earth beneath them. Despite the unforgiving landscape, they were determined to uncover the source of the strange energy that had been plaguing their senses.

As they trekked through the snow, they soon realized they were not alone. They encountered all manner of monstrous creatures lurking in the shadows, from towering beasts with razor-sharp claws and teeth to smaller, more cunning predators that slunk through the snow on padded paws. The pack was initially taken aback by these fierce creatures as in the past there hadn't been as many in the pack's territory, but they quickly learned to adapt and overcome. With each encounter, they honed their shapeshifting abilities, blending the speed, agility and raw strength of a wolf with the aetheric control and endurance of their humanoid form to match their opponents.

The beasts they faced were fierce, but Silver-Fang and his packmates were undeterred. They banded together, using their combined strengths and clever tactics to overcome each new challenge. The werewolves became more confident and skilled with every passing encounter, and they began to relish the thrill of the hunt.

As they continued deeper into the frozen wasteland, the Icebird would occasionally fly overhead, its wingspan casting a shadow over the snow. The majestic creature seemed to be watching over them, its piercing gaze and telepathic messages acting as a guiding force. Despite the bird's cryptic warnings and mysterious behavior, the pack felt a sense of comfort and safety knowing that they had a powerful ally in the skies above.

With each step, the pack grew bolder, their determination to uncover the source of the strange energy driving them forward. They knew that there would be many more obstacles to face, but they were ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

 

At one point they encountered a towering ice monster that glowed with an otherworldly aura. The beast was a formidable opponent, its massive frame towering over the pack as it let out an ear-splitting roar.

At first, the pack was taken aback by the creature's size and power, but they quickly regrouped and prepared for battle. Silver-Fang, being the experienced leader that he was, directed his packmates to form a strategy. They knew that brute strength alone wouldn't be enough to defeat the monster, and so they relied on their new shapeshifting abilities and the new strength of their aura and either to aid them in battle.

As the creature charged at them, the werewolves shifted into their hybrid forms, gaining the speed and agility of wolves while retaining the dexterity and aetheric control of the humanoid form. They darted around the ice monster, striking at its weak points with powerful blows that were imbued with their strengthened aura and aether. The creature was slow and lumbering, and the pack was able to evade its attacks with ease.

With each blow, the ice monster weakened, its aura flickering and fading as the werewolves' own aura seemed to grow stronger with the practical practice. They channelled their energy into their attacks, imbuing their strikes with the power of their aura and either. It was a fierce battle, but in the end, the pack emerged victorious with no casualties and only a few scratches and bruises, the ice monster shattered into a million pieces.

As they regrouped and tended to their wounds, the werewolves knew that they had grown stronger from the experience. Their shapeshifting abilities had allowed them to fight in ways they never could have as mere wolves, and their strengthened aura and either had given them an edge in battle that was unlike anything they had experienced before. It was a hard-fought victory, but one that had brought them closer together as a pack and as warriors.

 

As the wolves traveled deeper into the frozen wasteland, they came across a field of glittering stones, scattered haphazardly across the tundra. The stones seemed to radiate an eerie, otherworldly glow that caught the wolves' attention. They approached the stones cautiously, curious as to what they were.

As they drew closer, the stones hummed with a low vibration that seemed to seep into their very bones. The wolves could feel the aether emanating from the stones, calling to them in a way that was both alluring and unsettling. Some of the stones pulsed with a warm and welcoming aura, beckoning the wolves to absorb their energy. As they did, they felt their powers grow stronger, their shapeshifting abilities becoming more refined and controlled.

But not all of the stones were so benevolent. Some pulsed with a cold, ominous power that made the wolves uneasy. As they approached these stones, they could feel a sense of malevolence emanating from them. The wolves' fur bristled, and they backed away from these stones quickly, feeling as if they were being watched by an unseen force.

Despite the dangers, the wolves were drawn to these stones like moths to a flame. They knew that the power contained within them was both alluring and dangerous, and they were determined to learn more about it. Through trial and error, they learned to distinguish between the stones that would enhance their powers and those that would do them harm.

Over time, the wolves became more adept at harnessing the aether from these stones, and they learned to wield it in ways they never thought possible. Their shapeshifting abilities grew stronger and more nuanced, allowing them to take on even more challenging opponents and overcome greater obstacles.

Before long, they had absorbed all the aether from the stones they had found, leaving behind nothing but empty, lifeless shells. But the Wolves didn't feel drained or exhausted - on the contrary, they felt more alive than ever before, their senses heightened and their shapeshifting powers more fluid and precise. It was clear that the aether had strengthened them in ways they couldn't quite put their claws on.

 

Despite the dangers that lay ahead, Silver-Fang and his pack remained undaunted. They were determined to find the source of the strange energy, no matter the cost. And so they pressed on, their footsteps crunching in the snow as they continued their quest through the frozen wasteland.

After days of wandering through the frozen wasteland, Silver-Fang and his packmates finally stumbled upon a magnificent structure rising up from the ice. The fortress seemed to glow in the moonlight, shimmering with an otherworldly radiance that left the wolves in awe. As they approached the crystalline edifice, they could feel the power emanating from it, pulsing through the very air around them.

Silver-Fang knew that they had to tread carefully. This was clearly no ordinary structure, and he didn't want to risk his packmates' safety by rushing in blindly. He made the decision to hold off on their assault for the time being, instead opting to observe and gather more information about this mysterious place. They circled around the fortress, studying its shimmering walls and observing the movements of any creatures or beings that may have been guarding it.

As Silver-Fang stood gazing up at the crystalline fortress, lost in thought, he felt a sudden presence behind him. Turning around, he saw the Icebird descending from the sky, its wings beating gracefully against the frigid air.

If you have any questions I would love to answer them feel free to comment

1