Chapter 3: Aptitude
457 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pillar was cool when Yuyue touched it, but after she did, it instantly lit up in azure like the boy before. The light was slightly less than the boy’s and faint but still noticeable enough.

The man nodded

“Mhmm, you have potential”

Upon seeing this Yuyue’s father’s face paled and he went up to the man.

“I refuse this! You can’t take my daughter away!”

The man snorted and once against released that massive amount of pressure.

“You dare defy me?”

Yunyue’s father was instantly forced down but still remained on his feet.

Yuyue noticing the scene cried out.

“Father please don’t resist, I chose this!”

“Yue’er!” He cried, his tone was pained he loved his daughter deeply and the idea of her being whisked away to a far sect was like tearing a piece of his heart out.

The man released the pressure and her father instantly collapsed, he had used all his power to stand up to the old, robed man administering the test, but he was unable to resist.

Yuyue walked up to the man’s side standing next to the boy, the boy looked at her with an expression of surprise, he didn’t expect the magistrate’s daughter to take the test.

Her father was sitting in his chair with a heartbroken expression. Yuyue also felt a pain in her chest, by joining the sect she was being an extremely unfilial daughter, but she was dedicated to seeking her own path.

She resolved to pay back her family at some point.

The rest of the line moved quickly, and no more youths lined up. During the entire time, the pillar had not lit up again.

“Are there no more people who want to take the test?” The man called out.

The crowd was silent.

“Mhmm, then I will take my leave”

In an instant, he swept up, the boy from earlier and Yuyue, and began to float in the sky.

The crowd gasped, flying was something out of stories and yet the man seemed flying himself.

Yuyue herself was surprised; she began to think martial sects were more mysterious than she previously thought.

They instantly flew off into the sky, as she left Yuyue saw the expression of her former childhood friend Ji Ruo, next to him was Fang Yan, and he had a difficult expression on his face.

Yuyue was unable to figure out what sort of thought he was having.

Still, the faces of her family and the village began to grow farther away as she was whisked away by the old man.

While flying the young boy asked the old man a question.

“Senior, what is a martial sect.”

The man looked surprised the boy did not know, but he began to speak.

“Martial sect is where we cultivate the Qi in our bodies. You both will be outer sect disciples and be allowed to read out manuals! If you show talent Spirit Stones, Jade Slips, and even Pills will be offered to you, as a new disciple you will be given a low-grade treasure for free!”

Listening to the explanation of the man even Yuyue was not quite able to follow it.

She understood that Qi was the natural energy within a human’s body but the idea of “cultivating” was a mystery to her. She assumed it was how the man had become so powerful in the first place.

From the expression of the boy who asked the question, he looked even more lost than Yuyue after hearing the explanation.

After asking the man he kept his mouth shut, it seemed like he realized himself that asking more questions would only provoke more confusion.

They flew in silence for a little bit longer before, the boy started talking to her.

“Your Situ Yuyue right?”

Yuyue gave a polite nod, she didn’t know the boy and kept a degree of separation. The boy seemed to ignore her curtness and kept talking.’

“My names Fan Chu! Nice to meet you.”

Yuyue nodded politely once again but did not speak.

The boy once again ignored her and began to jabber on. Yuyue only politely nodded and did not speak, despite that the boy kept talking. It seemed like he had an unending flow of words, and Yuyue was too polite to tell him to shut-up.

This continued until eventually, the group flew towards a shrouded forest.

“This is the fog woods sect, and now it will be your new home”

The man said as they settled outside of the large forest.

31