Chapter 8: Contribution points
373 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although Yuyue had 20 contribution points to pay for the daily 10 point fee, she elected to only pay for that day and spend the rest of the points on other things.

A catalog was given to her which contained all the items that she could possibly buy with her contribution’s points.

Within the catalog, she saw cultivation resources like spirit stones, but also general goods like clothing. What really caught her eye was the martial skills and the existence of cultivation dens.

Cultivation dens were places located in the Fog Woods sect that had a high-density atmospheric Qi which made them a good location to cultivate.

Yuyue skimmed the price and her eyes nearly shot out of her skull, such a den would take over 20,000 contribution points to buy, if she farmed a bezoar every day it would still take her nearly three years to buy a cultivation den.

Spirits stones were around 100 contributions points each which was another mind-boggling number to her. Martial skill jade slips ranged from 5,000 to 100,000 contribution points in cost, there were even a few which reached several million.

At the very least the prices for other mortal goods were very reasonable, Yuyue spent half her 10 remaining contribution points on general goods for herself, buying several pairs of clothing and soap to clean herself off.

There was a nearby pond where she could bathe but of course, it didn’t compare to a water qi cultivation den which would cleanse the impurities of the body along with the surface of the body.

Yuyue could only sigh as she realized that being an outer disciple was an incredibly miserable experience.

“This is unreasonable! No person can do this much work!”

Yuyue flicked her head towards the voice that echoes throughout the clearing.

She saw the owner of the voice was the boy who had come with her from her village, Fan Chu.

Fan Chu’s face was indignant as he complained to the man at the counter. In his hand was an ax, from this, Yuyue assumed he had chosen tree felling as a job.

“You can’t possibly expect a person to cut down ten of these trees in one day,” the boy said.

The man at the counter remained stony-faced.

“Sect rules are not to be defied junior, accept your punishment, no meal for the night.”

Fan Chu paled; this experience was no different than living in his old family that couldn’t pay for food.

“Are people at this sect this shameless?”

“You dare disrespect the sect!” Suddenly a voice roared from above.

From the sky came a man crashing down. He had a large staff strapped to his back, and his body was bulky and well-toned.

Suddenly Yuyue heard the other outer disciples begin to whisper among themselves.

“It’s Ma Luo! He’s a chosen of the sect! This boy is going to get it now!”

The man named Ma Luo began to spread his aura on Fan Chu who was instantly suppressed and pressed to the ground. Yuyue was surprised to find that this aura was more powerful than old man Gong Bai’s aura

“I didn’t mean disrespect!” he cried out weakly, barely able to speak.

“Hmm! First, you disrespect the sect and then you make me waste my energy talking to you. How will you compensate.”

Fan Chu paled at the man.

Ma Luo did not give Fan Chu time to speak.

“From now on, you will be requiring giving me a spirit stone per month.”

Fan Chu’s already pale expression began to pale further, his face was now as white as a ghost.

“Oh dear, he’s doing it again.”

“Bullying outer disciples, when he’s barely a chosen.”

The other disciples in the clear were whispering amongst themselves again, Yuyue frowned as she picked up the snippets of conversation, based on what she heard this Ma Luo had a very bad temperament.

Shu Lin who was near Yuyue sighed and then spoke to her.

“That is one of the top three chosen disciples ‘Ma Luo’ you better not draw his ire..”

Yuyue nodded her head as she watched. Fan Chu repeatedly bowed his head and kowtowed to Ma Luo.

Ma Luo seeing that Fan Chu didn’t give any resistance smiled wickedly before flying off.

After watching his behavior Yuyue could see that Ma Luo was quite a despicable fellow. It seems like he was willing to plunder the resources of juniors at a whim.

While Fan Chu was at fault, the punishment given by Ma Luo was unreasonable and cruel.

Yuyue resolved to never get involved with that man and returned to her dorm to cultivate again.

She pulled off her blood-stained clothes that stuck to her body and began to cultivate naked in her room.

she would take a bath later.

Wake up honey, it's time for you chapter.

31