Chapter 11: Breakthrough!
375 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuyue had been too hasty in using spirit stones. Since she did not know how much was needed to break through to the first step of Qi development she had used vastly more than she needed.

She didn’t take into account that spirits stones were cultivation resources that outer disciples rarely used, much less, mortals trying to break into the first step!

The Qi tore against Yuyue’s body, although she could direct all of it to fill her lower Dantian, it seemed like such a waste.

About half the Qi from the spirit stones remained in her body, and she could’ve filled the Qi in her lower Dantian normally without the use of spirits stones.

“I will not waste this opportunity”

Yuyue began to take the savage Qi… and carve out even more meridians in her body!

The first thing she did was use her spine as a transfer point she began to connect the empty upper and middle Dantians in her body, she then cut another path from the middle to the lower Dantian.

Slowly taking the rest of her, Qi she filled up the pathways she had created herself.

Every part of this caused Yuyue excruciating pain and if it weren’t for the fact her body was inside the tub, she would’ve been covered in a heavy sheen of sweat.

Eventually, she finished and the pain began to fade.

She opened her eyes to find herself in a tub filled with murky brown, black, and red detritus, there was a layer of oil on the top of the top nearly a 3 centimeters thick

Yuyue pushed down her disgust and stepped out of the tub, she grabbed a nearby towel she had prepared and wiped herself down.

Even with her preparation of a tub she was still covered in a thin layer of oil and would need a bath. Although Yuyue had expected cultivation to be difficult she didn’t expect it to be nearly this… disgusting.

Not even taking the time to put back on some clothes she began to assess her Qi meridians in full.

Tiny pathways streaked throughout her body, along with this was a think rope connecting all her Dantians.

This rope was the pathway that Yuyue had carved herself. It was so large that based on the Qi inside it alone, it had the capacity of half a Dantian, and it was filled with Qi!

Yuyue felt like her body was filled with incomparable energy. Her heartbeat was strong she could feel the blood rushing in her veins filled with overwhelming vitality. The way she was now, Yuyue would even say she was stronger than Ji Ruo.

Yuyue turned to look herself in the mirror, it was a personal effect that she felt was needed. While cultivators did not need to care about their appearance Yuyue did have a bit of a complex about it.

It was the reason she had gotten rejected after all.

She was surprised to find that she had become… comelier.

Even though she was covered in leftover debris from her breakthrough, she could see that her hair had darkened in color and thickened, it now tumbled down her back like water. Her normally red face had also lightened in color. Although it was not a huge difference, she could still see the change.

Yuyue grimaced as she put on a set of clothes that instantly became stained. Grabbing, her sword she left her room.

She needed to leave the dorm and test out the capabilities of her body.

“Younger sister you’ve broken through!”

Suddenly Yuyue heard a familiar voice and turned toward it. It was Shu Lin, who had been in the vicinity, and saw her.

“Mhmm” Yuyue said,

Although she enjoyed talking to Shu Lin, she was not in the mood right now.

She needed to test herself!

Shu Lin began to talk and Yuyue felt herself internally frowning. Shu Lin loved to talk and was a chatterbox. She often dragged Yuyue away for hours at a time on esoteric, and pointless conversations. Still, she was the only friend that Yuyue had in the sect so she endured it.

Yuyue nipped it in the bud.

“Elder sister Shu Lin… I need to bath myself.” She said.

Shu Lin stopped talking and looked a Yuyue.

Noticing that Yuyue was covered in gunk she nodded.’

“Yes, Yes, take care of yourself first and then we can talk”

 Seeing that Shu Lin had let her leave, Yuyue instantly dashed away, she had no intention of coming back to talk to Shu Lin.

Leaving the area surrounding the disciple dorms, she walked to a secluded patch in the forest.

Facing a tree, she swung her sword at the trunk and was surprised to find that the sword dug nearly 40 cm into the 160cm trunk before stopping.

While Yuyue knew her sword was sharp the trees in the Fog Wood Sect were incomparably hard, almost to the point of being stone-like in durability.

Digging the sword out she swung again and again until eventually the tree was felled. It had only taken her a short period of time, and she still had plenty of vigor left within her.

Normally it would take a tree cutter around an hour to cut down this tree, but she had done it in a few minutes!

With this sort of energy, working as a tree cutter for the sect was actually a viable option for her.

Still, medicine gathering was more lucrative, so she had no intentions of being a tree cutter, but she couldn’t deny the fact that she had avoided the job previously because she didn’t have the strength to do it.

She was nearly as strong as an ox, with the body of a 15-year-old girl!

 

Yuyue is a strong girl

31