Chapter 14: Pills
389 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Digging into the ground the spear blocked the strike of the blood-skin bear.

Yuyue watched in shock, looking towards the sky to see the source of this spear, she saw a single figure come crashing down.

It was a stony-faced man wearing cultivator robes. He looked at the ber and gave a cold snort. A large aura of killing intent shot out from his body.

Yuyue felt herself gasping as the killing aura from the man overwhelmed her, it was even strong than the chosen Ma Luo, and she felt her own wounds begin to worsen. She realized that his cultivation was far past the Qi development step and he was even stronger than the patriarch of the Fog Woods sect who was already at the peak of body development.

The blood-skin bear, upon facing the aura of the man, yelped before turning pale-faced before running off.

Yuyue watched the scene in shock, the blood-skin bear was a beast that could contend with early body development cultivators and this man had scared it off with his aura alone!

After seeing the bear runoff, the man dropped his aura, his stony expression softened slightly upon seeing the girl, who Uuyue had risked her life for, was unharmed.

“Honorable Princess! Are you ok?”

The girl looked at him and nodded.

Yuyue watched the scene in shock, what kind of girl was this to have such a powerful Dao protector like this.

She gave a bashful expression before looking toward Yuyue.

Yuyue was in a sorry state, her vision was fading, and her wounds were serious. The man looked at Yuyue with a confused expression.

“Hmm? Who is this girl?”

The girl looked at the man

“She is the one who protected me! Please treat her!”

“She is only in the first stage of Qi development, the medical efficacy of normal pills won’t be enough.” He said shaking his head.

The girl gave the man a pleading expression.

“Disciple Yang, I owe this girl my life. My honorable father would normally reward someone with far more for the same deed if this were in our sect. I am only asking you to heal her body"

The girl’s dewy eyes flickered as she looked toward Yuyue with concern.

The man looked a Yuyue and then the girl before he huffed a sigh. He slapped the bag by his side and a single ivory white pill shot into Yuyue’s mouth.

“I was given that pill in case you were critically injured and now you want me to give it to some outer sect disciple of some minor sect. Although you insist it's truly a waste of materials, for someone is essentially a mortal” The man said sighing further.

As soon as the pill enter Yuyue’s body she was filled with a warm sensation. She began to feel her bones crack and realign into place and the pain in her body faded. Soon her wounds were healed and she felt steady enough to stand on her own two feet.

Yuyue gave a grateful look toward the two people who had saved her life.

"Hmm!" The man said

"If it weren't for that fact you were so weak I wouldn't have had to give you such a pill."

Yuyue ignored the man's comments and looked toward the girl.

"Honorable cultivator, where do you hail from."  She asked.

Based on the man who was guarding the girl and the fact that she had such a miraculous medicinal pill on her, she was definitely at least an inner disciple of some large sect.

The man harrumphed again,

"It's none of your business, a bug like you shou-"

"Haotian!" The girl said forcefully, cutting the man off

She looked toward Yuyue and gave a deep bow.

"You have been a great help to me and I owe you my life. I am Tao Xiulan and this is Haotian, we are from Blue Mountain sect from the central region."

She pulled a small pill from the bag at her side and put it into Yuyue's hand. Her hand was soft and there was a delicate floral fragrance from her body that permeated Yuyue's nose when she walked close.

"Although this is a small token of my gratitude, this will be able to help you in your cultivation." She said as she put a small golden pill inside Yuyue's hands

The pill that was put in Yuyue's hand had an intense medicinal scent to it.

"This is a pill refined from Jade tortoise hearts, it will help you greatly in developing the third stage of Qi development. It would be wise to eat this only when your digestive vitality had been developed or else the medical efficacy will weaken." The girl began to instruct Yuyue on how to eat the pill.

Yuyue nodded as she listened to the Tao Xiulan's explanation, trying to hide the excitement in her face

The digestive vitality was established during the second stage of Qi development when the lower Dantian had been built. The creation of the Dantian would bolter the digestive system and allow pills to be processed more efficiently by the body. Without it, higher-level pills would simply pass through a cultivator's body without being absorbed at all. 

For a princess of a large, this was a small gift, but to Yuyue it was an incomparable rare treasure!

Tao Xiulan gave a slight smile.

"I bid you, farewell cultivator, if you ever pass by the Blue Mountain I will be happy to receive you."

She turned towards Haotian and nodded her head. Within a few moments,] she had been swept up by Haotian and they began fly into the distance.

Sorry late chapter, kinda on a business trip

 

 

 

29