Dying Mystery
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(This is my first book, hope you enjoy!    -Author)

Camps never appealed to me. I only went to then to pass the time. This time though, I wish I had just stayed home. My life was boring like anyone else's and of course my family never did anything on summer break. That's when I decided to sign up for Camp Willberson. It seemed normal other than all the pictures that they showed of the camp were at night and the name of the camp was my last name but I paid no attention to it at the time. I should have. When I arrived at the camp it seemed fun. A lake, basketball court, music room, cabins and huge open areas. I went to my assigned cabin and put my bags on a top bunk. Two other guys were already there and introduced themselves as Mark and Steward. 

"I'm Daniel." I said smoothly. 

"This seems easy for you. Come here often?"

I shook my head, Not here but I go to different camps all the time."

Mark glanced around nervously as Steward talked to me. 

"Hey, Mark right?" I interrupted Steward.

"Uh, yeah."

"This your first time going to a camp?"

"Yeah, my parents made me. How'd you know?"

"You look pure nervous." I shrugged.

Steward cleared his throat loudly, "As I was saying, this place has a reputation for not having kids come back. Normally only one kid returns home, but they're always terrified! Surprised they haven't shut this place down."

"Oh come on Steward. You seriously believe that dumb lie? That's like saying you believe in ghosts and time travel."

"Who said I didn't?"

I gave him a look and he sighed and began unpacking his bags.

"Ignore him." I told Mark and he nodded. He turned and began unpacking his bags as well. I did the same. 

The first day went by in a haze. We went swimming in the lake, played basketball, ate sandwiches for lunch, and played a round of capture the flag. After the game we went to bed laughing about a guy who had fallen into the lake because he couldn't see because it had already been dark. I closed my eyes and fell asleep. When I woke up people were everywhere gasping and crying. 

"What happened?!" I asked.

"Someone was found dead." Steward answered.

I gulped. The next day went by slower with a similar routine. The counclers acted as if nothing had happened. That night it took me awhile but I eventually fell asleep. I woke up with the news that another person had been found dead. This happened for another week before finally one night I woke to the sound of our cabin door opening. I peeked and saw a person going towards the bunk of Mark.

"Hey!" I whispered harshly.

The person froze and I was able to see something shiny in their hand. The person turned and ran and I saw what it was. A sharp knife. I jumped out of the bed and ran, following the person. I couldn't tell who they were because it was too dark. Finally the person stopped running and faced me. I didn't dare get any closer as to the person could hurt me, but I still wasn't able to see them. 

"Who are you?!" I called out to them.

I heard them sigh and they stepped out of the shadows. It was a older teen probably 18 or 19 with brown hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. They looked familiar.

"My name is Daniel Willberson." The person turned and ran away. I didn't stop them. That's why they looked familiar. They were ME! But older. Was it me from the future?! I turned and ran back to my cabin. I didn't sleep at all. The next morning I ordered to be brought back home and they let me. I didn't tell anyone anything and stayed inside all day. I lost all my friends and years went by in seconds. I didn't leave the house as scared I would find myself in the form of a murderer. Every night though I dreamed of me in the camp. Every night I would go to a random cabin and kill a person then run away. And one night I saw my younger self asking who are you.

1