Discoveries
515 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noah's pov

I could feel Emma's tail moving all over my body somehow it had not yet touched any important area, but she was not lacking in desire, in her eyes, you could see the longing and lust as if a hunter had caught a very difficult prey and was preparing to devour it whole, her face was getting closer and closer to mine so much that I could feel her breath, I tried to let go but my strength was not enough, just when I thought I had no escape the ogre couple separated Emma by force.

 

"Emma control yourself!!!, you're scaring the child, Leonel grabs her tail tight, don't let go, let's take her to the river to cool her down" (Liana).

 

"Fine, but it's moving too much!!!" (Leonel).

 

I watched as the ogre couple took Emma to the river and submerged her for a long time, Emma seemed to calm down, but when she looked at me, she started to struggle to get free, I thought I shouldn't approach her for the moment until she was calmed down, instead, she saw what Mia was doing, but she seemed calmer.

 

"Don't worry Noah, I'm not irrational like my sister, I can control myself better at least for now..."(Mia).

 

I was reassured that she didn't seem out of control, but I couldn't help but worry about what she said at the end, I didn't understand why I caused a commotion when I said I was human so I approached Irvin looking for answers.

 

"Excuse me Mr. Irvin, but why did you react that way?"(Noah).

 

"If what you said about not remembering anything besides your name is true then it makes sense that you don't understand why Emma and Mia are behaving that way" (Irvin).

 

"Mmmm, you see lamias are a female-only race so to reproduce they need males of other races and if they manage to have children, they will most likely be of the father's race so it is difficult for them to find a mate, but if their mate is a human then the child will always be of the mother's gender and this applies to any other race so if a human has children with other races the child will never be human" (Irvin).

 

"Wait what, I-I don't understand, why does that happen, and even if that happened there are more humans so I still don't understand why they behaved so strangely" (Noah).

 

"I guess you don't know" (Irvin).

 

"Know what" (Noah)

 

"A few years ago, several things happened that involved humans which caused many of you to die and it's complicated for you to have children, nowadays seeing a human is very rare, to tell you an example in this country there are only 10 humans and now and then you hear news about the death of one so it's very rare to find a human" (Irvin)

 

"So when Emma and Mia found out you were human their instincts were triggered plus lamias are possessive by nature and it also doesn't help that your spiritual energy is so pure it makes you stand out even more" (Irvin).

 

That was a lot of information to process, humans are almost extinct what kind of joke is this, if that was true then what happened to mother when there was the explosion, I saw how she was able to resist it at least until I lost consciousness, wait I know it's been a long time since I was trapped, but I don't know exactly how long.

 

"I-I have one more question, what is that desert, it's really big and it's weird" (Noah).

 

I tried to ask something that wouldn't make him think I could remember anything else besides my name.

 

"That place used to be the country where humans lived, but 10 years ago an incident happened that caused everything to become a desert" (Irvin).

 

So, 10 years passed!!!, I was locked under the sand for 10 years!!!, so many revelations are making me feel tired, what should I do now, I should go to a city and try to find out something more about what happened in this time so maybe I can find out what happened with my mother and Valeria.

"You're right I guess I shouldn't have said so much in such a short time, but I think the sooner you know the better" (Irvin).

"That's a lot of information to process, but thank you for telling me" (Noah).

 

As we were finishing taking the rest of the group came over it seemed they had managed to calm Emma down.

 

"Wow kid and to think we rescued a human from a spider’s nest, you should be being protected by the government like the rest of the humans" (Liana).

 

"I've never fought a human would be interesting, but you're still a hatchling and I'm not allowed to fight hatchlings" (Leonel).

 

"S-Sorry for my previous behavior I don't know what came over me, but I hope you're not upset, please don't be upset with me!"(Emma)

 

Emma apologized very intensely when she saw me and I wasn't upset with her because it seemed like she didn't have control of herself.

 

"I'm not upset, Irvin already explained to me what happened" (Noah).

 

"I'm so happy Noah now we can start our relationship off on the right foot..."(Emma).

 

Emma despite apologizing still wanted me to be her partner and even though I wouldn't mind being her partner I'm still a kid, I want to grow up a little more before I have a partner.

While I was thinking about those things some bushes nearby started to move, the whole group noticed and became alert putting their helmets back on as they got into a fighting stance with me in the center.

 

"Damn we made a lot of noise, some abyssals must have heard us. Mia and Emma keep an eye out to the north and east. Leonel and Liana attentive to the south and west, I give covering fire, they have us surrounded" (Irvin).

 

Everyone moved into their designated positions without a complaint, they all pulled out what appeared to be firearms capable of firing multiple rounds, the abyssals could not yet be seen but at any moment they would appear.

 

The sounds stopped in the whole area for a few seconds until several purple abyssals with humanoid shapes with 4 arms and a face full of holes began to come out from everywhere, there were too many only in my range of vision I could see more than 50, the group shot as soon as they appeared, but the abyssals needed 5 to 8 bullets to die at this rate they were going to run out of ammunition.

 

After 5 minutes of consecutive shots the inevitable happened, Leonel was the first to run out of ammunition, I thought it was his end, but I was surprised that his arms began to glow bright red until protections appeared on his hands and arms, and with one blow, he destroyed the head of an abyssal, he began a massacre on his side destroying the abyssals unilaterally.

 

When I looked at the rest Liana now had a spear in her hands with which she killed abyssals in groups piercing several with the tip of the spear, Mia used two swords with which she made mincemeat of the abyssals, and Emma used a double ax splitting the enemies in half and Irvin was still shooting, but had changed weapon was a rifle, but every time he shot it lit up and the barrel came out a bullet of light that went through multiple targets.

 

I was impressed, I don't know if it was the same as when I created weapons using my soul, but it was similar maybe they used their spiritual energy, when they started to use those weapons the abyssals no longer presented any challenge but it wasn't going to be that easy when the weak abyssals ran out, 5 abyssals appeared each 4 meters tall, their whole body was made up of sores and tumors plus they walked on 4 legs they had no head but had a mouth on their stomach with rows of teeth rotating in opposite directions made to crush anything that entered their mouths and on their legs they had claws that pierced tree trunks as if they were not there.

 

"Hell 5 abysmal class 3 abyssals where the hell were they hiding" (Irvin).

 

"It's going to be a great fight; we'll see who can tear flesh better your teeth or my fists JAJAJA!" (Leonel).

 

"You should avoid fist fights against them dear it's not favorable" (Liana).

 

Even though they were talking casually the situation didn't look good at all. If I see that they are in trouble I'm going to have to fight them too but I don't think I'll come out without injuries and I want to keep secret the fact that I can regenerate any wound.

10