12. Caroline (NSFW)
66 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aunt Caroline was a short and delicate woman that always had a look on her face as if she knew something that Aurélie did not. Her brown hair was done up in a high updo, curls gently framing her narrow face. She strongly resembled Noel Saint-Clair, the same amber eyes gleaming playfully at Aurélie and Étienne as they arrived at her quarters. Étienne wasted no time knocking on her door, which was thrown open enthusiastically. A squeal greeted them and Étienne found himself enveloped by his aunt’s firm embrace. Aurélie soon found herself to be the next victim, struggling to breathe as his aunt pulled her close. 

“Aunty, please try not to break her,” Étienne said after a while, clearing his throat. Aurélie breathed a sigh of relief as she felt his aunt release her. Falling back a few steps she found Étienne’s hand behind the small of her back, steadying her. 

“Oh my darlings, how nice of you to visit me! I have been absolutely itching to meet you properly!” Aunt Caroline said, folding her hands and resting them near her heart. “You should have brought her here sooner, Étienne,” she scolded, hitting Étienne’s upper arm. 

“My apologies, aunty. We were busy,” Étienne mumbled, clutching where she had hit him. 

His aunt waved her hand in front of her face and shook her head. “No matter. You are here now. Please, Aurélie, follow me. We will not be needing you, Étienne.”

Étienne stared at his aunt in confusion as she began to link her arms with Aurelie’s and walk out of the doorway, down the hall towards the East of the chateau. 

“Run along now, nephew. You can have her back in a couple of hours,” his aunt called out behind her, grinning at Aurélie. The young companion looked back at Étienne, who shrugged his shoulders and walked towards the library. Wordlessly Aurélie allowed herself to be pulled along the hallways and towards the East living room. She had only been in this living room when she had counted the windows of the chateau. It was a lot smaller than the western living room she had first met Étienne in. A piano stood in one corner of the room, a cream-coloured chaise lounge resting next to the window alongside two armchairs that stood in front of the fireplace. The navy curtains were pulled back, revealing the night sky. A few candles were lit, moonlight spilling through the windows and lighting the room. Aurelie’s eyes caught a small bundle of white fur curled up on the rug in front of the fireplace. As soon as the pair entered the room the bundle moved and Eloise sprang up, jumping up onto the windowsill and curiously watching Aurélie and Caroline. 

“You must tell me everything about yourself, darling,” Caroline said, gracefully letting herself fall onto the chaise next to the window. Eloise trotted over to her, her tail brushing across Caroline’s face before the cat settled in her lap, purring in content as the older woman began raking her fingers through the thick fur. 

Not knowing where to sit Aurélie decided to perch herself in front of the piano. “What would you like to know?” she asked, unsure. She watched as Caroline observed her, not tearing her eyes from the companion. Aurélie felt herself grow nervous. The woman before her had an aura of mysteriousness about her, something that came across more heavily as she stared at Aurélie while slowly patting the cat on her lap. 

“How are you finding life here at the chateau?” Caroline asked, noticing Aurelie’s discomfort. 

“It has been pleasant. Duke Saint-Clair has been very generous allowing me to become part of his household. The staff is very friendly as well, not to mention—”

“I meant life with Étienne, darling.”

Aurélie stopped and felt her cheeks flush. “It has been interesting, to say the least. He has started warming up to me, I believe.”

Caroline smiled. “It is difficult to get used to having someone around you constantly. I remember it took a few weeks for me to get along with my companion.”

Aurélie looked at her in surprise. Caroline noticed and nodded. 

“Yes, I too had a companion. His name was Hugo and we got along splendidly. I believe the school he attended was in London. He was a fine man, one that knew exactly what I wanted.”

Aurélie felt her checks grow hotter as Caroline’s eyes glimmered suggestively. She had purposefully never talked to anyone about the other side of training for a companion. It was a rather private matter between companions and their masters, one that Aurélie hoped his aunt would not question any further. 

To her dismay she did, eagerly leaning forward. 

“How does it feel, for a human? I find it difficult to believe that they can match the stamina.”

“I do not really offer that kind of companionship for Étienne at the moment,” Aurélie said quickly, with a lot more force than she had intended. Her face was red with embarrassment. 

Caroline laughed daintily and leant back in the chaise. “My apologies, darling. I did not mean to offend you.”

Aurélie shook her head, trying to distract her thoughts. She began lightly tapping against the piano keys, the sound echoing through the room. She composed herself by playing a quick little tune, before turning back to Étienne’s aunt. 

“How long were you in the company of a companion?” she asked, trying to change the topic, resting her hands in her lap. Caroline had been staring outside the window while Aurélie played her tune, absentmindedly stroking Eloise. 

“I believe for twenty or so years? I dismissed his service after Noel was declared Duke of the French vampire council. My frolicking days were over after that.” Caroline turned her head back towards Aurélie, giving her a smile. “My brother needed quite a lot of help adjusting to the role.”

Aurélie nodded in understanding. “My teacher was his companion for a while. Did she accompany him before or after he was appointed Duke?” she asked, curiously. 

She watched as Caroline thought for a while, before answering. “A few years after, I believe. She was hired several years before he met Brielle. Personally I always thought it would be strange being in the presence of a companion while courting your future wife.”

“He employed Eleanor during that time?” Aurélie asked, surprised. Eleanor had never mentioned that she was working with Saint-Clair during the time he met with his wife. The way that the pair had looked and held each other when they reunited suggested that they may have been involved in more intimate relationships than Aurélie previously believed. 

Caroline smiled. “This is France, darling. More promiscuous things have happened. Our kind is not one to be very prude or hold back.”

Aurélie blushed, recalling the events that had unfolded a few weeks prior. She shook her head quickly at the thought of him so close again, his hands exploring her body, trying to ignore her racing heartbeat. With the way he had been treating her recently she doubted that they would progress any further. 

“Where do you live?” Aurélie asked, trying to change the subject once more. 

“Paris, darling. I enjoy the bustling of the city a lot more than the quietness of the countryside. Noel has picked a lovely place to settle down, for sure, there is just not enough action for someone like me,” Caroline said, smiling. “I enjoy the arts and Paris is brimming with it.”

“I have never been to Paris before,” Aurélie revealed. “Majority of my life was spent at the academy.”

Caroline sat up, looking at her mortified. “You must visit me sometime then! Darling, you have not lived until you have seen the Louvre or the many theatres that line the streets! I will arrange something with Étienne,” she said with determination. 

“That is very kind of you,” Aurélie said, bowing her head. She listened intently as Caroline launched into a speech about the importance of the arts. Aurélie never found herself one to care too much about art, preferring her history books over paintings. She wondered if the sculpture of Étienne’s mother was made primarily through the input of Caroline. The detail on it suggested that it was created by someone who was had mastered their craft for years. 

“You seem to be quite good at the piano, I am sure we can find a concert if you prefer music,” Caroline pulled her from her thoughts. 

“Oh, the piano is just the instrument I picked to learn while training. We each learnt a few songs that would help entertain if need be,” Aurélie revealed.  

“Really? I always wondered what exactly happened during the making of a companion. Are you allowed to share?” Caroline asked, patting the space next to her and beckoning Aurélie to sit. The companion did, sitting at the edge of the chaise. 

“It is something that is kept secretive. I doubt many people would like to entertain themselves learning about the training regime,” Aurélie answered, straightening out wrinkles that had formed on her skirts. “I suppose many of them consider us better paid courtesans.”

She watched as Caroline continued to look at her curiously, waiting for her to spill the secrets of the companion world. 

“It is a lot of training in conversation, dancing and mannerisms. I can go to any event and know exactly how to act, dress and prepare the environment, if needed. If my master or mistress had a request for me I assure you that I have been prepared to deal with it accordingly. Yes, even in those matters,” Aurélie said, catching the playful look that Caroline gave her. “I received high marks for my patience and the ability to prevent my emotions from getting the better of me.”

“I see. Your face, however, does little to hide your flusters, darling. It is hard to overlook someone turning as red as a rose whenever intimate subjects are discussed,” Caroline said, chuckling. “You are still young, so I assume you have not had much experience in those matters.” 

Aurélie begged silently to whichever higher deity was listening that Étienne’s aunt would stop bringing up her training and history in sexual matters. While she was not a very prude person by nature, she did prefer not to discuss such things with someone she had just met, yet alone the aunt of the man she was accompanying. Étienne’s aunt seemed kind and curious, yet seemed to lack the ability to sense when someone felt uncomfortable. Perhaps this was what Étienne meant earlier. Aurélie just smiled and nodded while Caroline discussed the more intimate details of her relationship with her former companion. 

“I trust that Étienne is more like his father in those matters. He never was one to jump headfirst into a pool of women,” Caroline finished her speech. “Do many female companions accompany daughters of noble vampire families?”

Aurélie nodded her head. “Some do. I believe Duke Delacroix’s daughter has a female companion. For women we are trained to act a lot differently. I suppose they prefer us to be more like a sister. There are some, however, that would prefer our more intimate side.”

“Interesting,” Caroline, said, leaning forward and resting her chin against her fingers. “Companions amaze me. I am quite jealous of your training.”

“There is no need to be. The schooling can be quite difficult at times. Only a handful of girls manage to successfully graduate.” Aurélie turned to Caroline, giving the woman a smile. “Is there anything else you wish to know?” 

Caroline shook her head. “It is just a shame that you and Étienne have not gotten closer since your arrival. I suppose most of the Saint-Clair men are rather hopeless. I can give you some tips if Étienne is making life hard for you. Sometimes they do need to be punished a little.” 

Aurélie’s face turned red as she watched Caroline sigh and stare out of the window. A few moments of silence passed before Caroline sat up straight again, clapping her hands together. Her face broke out into a wide smile as she stood up and took Aurélie’s hands into hers, guiding the companion to sit with her on the chaise. 

“I know! Let me give you a few little tips. Now, now. Stop your blushing. Here is what you should do. Sometimes us women have to make the first move.”

Not wanting Étienne’s aunt to be involved in her work but intrigued nonetheless, Aurélie listened intently as Caroline began talking. Pleasure was not a subject that was skimmed over lightly at Dubois, yet what Caroline was teaching Aurélie left the companion blushing. If she did not know any better, she would have thought that the older woman was a teacher herself in those kind of arts. An hour went by before Caroline dismissed Aurélie from her lesson. She accompanied the companion to the library, kissing both her cheeks. 

“Good luck, darling. Remember, while the men in this world may seem dominant, arrogant and demanding, it is really us women that can cause them to bend so easily.”

Aurélie nodded as she watched a wicked grin form on Caroline’s face. The past hour with her left the companion’s head spinning. She watched as Caroline turned and walked back towards her room. Gathering herself and taking a deep breath, Aurélie briefly knocked on the doors of the library, opening them and stepping inside. Étienne was sitting in one of the tall armchairs by the windows, engrossed in a book. When the companion entered he looked up, amused. 

“By the look on your face I can tell that you must have had the time of your life with my aunt,” he said, chuckling as Aurélie stood next to him, staring out of the window. 

“She is certainly an interesting character,” Aurélie answered, avoiding his gaze. The conversation she had earlier swirled around her head. 

Étienne put down the book in his lap and looked up at his companion. “What did you discuss with her?”

“Oh, she just wanted to know what it was like growing up at Dubois,” Aurélie lied quickly, turning away from him. “Nothing that you would have been interested in.”

Étienne raised one eyebrow at his companion, watching as she turned back to him. 

“Unless,” Aurélie began, picking up her skirts and walking over to him, “conversation regarding my work interests you.”

Étienne felt his cheeks redden as his companion sat on one of the table near him, her skirts lifted slightly. He came to learn quickly that she did not wear any stockings, her pale skin exposed. Quickly turning away and letting out a cough, Étienne turned his head to the side. 

Aurélie could not contain the wicked smile that crossed her face. Perhaps Caroline had been right. If Étienne was able to toy with her, she could do the same to him. 

Letting out a deep sigh, the companion sat up properly again, this time running one hand across her collarbone, the sleeve of her dress slipping off her shoulder. “It was rather nice, having someone listen to my past work,” she said dramatically, watching as Étienne glanced over at her. 

Étienne merely huffed, picking back up the book that was resting on his lap. He was unable to focus on the words as he watched his companion shuffle closer to him, sitting down on the armrest. 

“We learn a lot at Dubois,” Aurélie continued, shifting closer to Étienne and beginning to run a finger down his chest. The soft scent of roses overwhelmed him, and Aurélie felt Étienne tense up underneath her as she continued lower and lower, stopping at his navel. 

“Is that so?” Étienne asked, his eyes still avoiding her. 

Aurélie took his chin into her hand, turning it and forcing him to look at her while taking the book from his hands and placing it down. “I could show you.” 

Étienne remained silent, not protesting as he felt his companion’s hand trail down his chest once more. Her touch was soft and faint, nails digging lightly into the fabric of his shirt. She had now perched herself onto the armrest of the armchair, her skirts bellowing out over the side of the chair. Her hands trailed lower and lower, stopping just above the waistband of his trousers. 

Aurélie smiled as she felt the bulge in his pants, the fabric doing little to hide his erection. She ran her hand along the length of him, her own cheeks flushing as she explored him. Étienne was once again looking away, his eyes closed and his breathing growing deeper. He could feel his fangs beginning to grow, biting down on his hand and trying to prevent them from showing any further. 

Deciding to play nice, Aurélie let him look away. Her fingers made quick work of unbuckling his belt, his member bursting free from the constraints of his pants. She watched as little beads of moisture formed at the tip, his member twitching with anticipation. Aurélie moved her fingertips gently up him, her touch light. She waited for him to push her away. Instead, she could hear Étienne exhale, his cheeks flushing pink. After teasing him by continuing to run her fingertips up and down, she wrapped her finger’s around Étienne, gently tracing around the head. She felt Étienne shift slightly, one hand now covering his mouth as he turned his head away from her, the other gripping the fabric of his trousers. 

Unable to hide the smug grin, Aurélie began stroking up and down slowly, making sure that her grip was not too tight. Sweat beads began forming on Étienne’s forehead as he tried not to moan. Aurélie’s hands were soft and warm, each stroke almost sending him over the edge. 

Aurélie kept her pace a mystery, revelling in each sharp gasp or exhale that Étienne took. Every now and then she sped up slightly, only to slow down once she noticed him get too excited. Étienne’s mind was clouded over, wanting nothing more than to feel his release. The tension that built up was starting to become too much and he almost begged his companion to release him from the torture she was giving him. 

“Why are you doing this?” Étienne asked after a while, his voice straining as he felt Aurélie’s grip tightening around him once more. His head felt light, barely able to contain himself from spilling into her hand. 

“Because,” Aurélie began to whisper, her breath tickling his ear as she began to stroke him faster, his member starting to twitch in her hand, “you did the same to me.” 

The companion pulled back her hand suddenly, the room filling with Étienne’s groans of protest. She stood up and walked away, watching as he fumbled to buckle up his pants, trying to hide his erection. His face was deep red, his eyes black as his brow furrowed in anger. Aurélie watched as he stood up from the armchair and stepped in front of the fireplace, his hands behind his back as he took several deep breaths. Her own heart was racing in her chest, unable to process with the sudden wave of courage that had washed over her. 

She felt sorry for Caroline’s companion. 

“Look,” Étienne began after a while, turning back around to Aurélie. His eyes had returned to their normal blue colour, his fangs gone. “I apologise.” 

Aurélie looked up at him in surprise, not expecting an apology out of him for what she did to him. She was about to respond when he held up his hand, stopping her. 

“I know what you are doing. What I did a few weeks ago was wrong.”

Aurélie folded her arms across her chest, dipping her weight onto one leg. 

“I should not have toyed with your emotions and your pleasure. Believe it or not, I meant what I said in the maze.”

The companion let her arms drop to her side, her eyes widening. She watched as Étienne walked over to her and took her hands into his, his eyes staring into her own. The faint hue of pink was still present on his cheeks.

“I will not neglect you. You do not have to punish me for what I have done previously. I know it was wrong. I merely ask for your forgiveness,” he said, his voice soft. 

Surprised and taken aback by the sudden new side of him, Aurélie was left to nod, her voice failing her. 

“I suppose I should apologise as well,” she mumbled, her eyes still locked with his. 

“Perhaps we should start over,” Étienne suggested, stepping away from her. “I will not take advantage of you or tease you.”

Aurélie nodded, pulling up the sleeve that she had purposely let fall earlier. “And I will not either.”

The pair stood apart from each other, silence weaving around them before breaking out in a smile. Aurélie let out a small laugh, shaking her head. 

“You know, your aunt is ridiculous.” 

Étienne grinned, scratching the back of his head. “That she is.” 

1