Chapter 4: For my friends freedom~
285 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My plan was simple really and quite basic and primitive but the bandit wouldn’t expect it and my venom wasn’t lethal nor was it a poison, so I hoped paralyzing venom was a specific status or resistance u needed.

 

The first step was to pour as much of my venom as I could inside the water, alcohol and food like meat and bread.

 

I instinctively knew. Thank u magic system that it would stay potent for roughly 24 hours and would then lose completely its strength.

 

And that the paralyzing effect could last for at least 4 hours at a minimum on a humanoid at its current potency. Sadly, injecting it in its pure form was asking to be found out and diluting it like I was going to do was going to weaken it for a bit. It should hopefully be good enough to let me grab the bandit chief key and carry it to my tamer who would hopefully have been healed by her healer friend with the shadow of a tail.

 

I slowly crawled toward the first alcohol bottle first constricted its base and then gently removed the cork with my mouth. I then tried to want my fang to sink out of where they whereas I pushed strength into all my mouth muscles until finally they both came out dripping and ready for the dirty work. I hated what I was doing but I wasn’t going to kill them and be lower than them that is for sure. While fighting an internal battle with my morals, I slowly dropped 1/10 0f my supply into it. It would hopefully combine well enough with the alcohol for a more potent effect on the body and mind.

 

I then repeated for the 2 other bottles. And decided to poor 2/10 in the pricier one who would probably be drunk by the chief.

 

I then slowly and surely crawled toward the barrel and after finding a weakness in the metal and wood sank my fang with as much strength as I could and started pumping the water barrel with the remaining 6/10.

 

I then slithered toward the food and waited for my venom gland to refill when I felt the tension behind my fang I gently poked the bread and dripped my venom into the side of its dry flesh delicately to not leave many marks.

The job was done, so I slowly slithered back toward my hiding spot entered it and decided to wait.

 

 

I didn’t need to wait long though as I heard the bandit’s scum cheer happily after a booming voice spoke. Soon after the place was booming full of activity. As tents were being set up. Oi watched from the hole on the side who had the key and was happy to notice the chief seemed to have it on his side.

 

It would make my job easier a tiny bit especially if the venom would work.

But my heart sank as I saw them push the women’s cage toward another tenth. It was the first time I could see them with my good eyes. 2 were elf that looked to be related, one was a harpy with multicolor wings, the 2 other were fluffy beastkin (cat and fox respectively)

I understood instinctively that right now to those barbarians they were trophies and toys for their enjoyment and had no right my blood boiled but I was powerless for now. I kept hiding and kept watching with my new eyes working wonderfully. But Thanks, the foxed goddess was it good to no longer be a liability to finally have back what I had in the past. And be able see my new family & party.

 'I would save my friend freedom for the fluff of reward' or so i would have said if i could speak.

And it helped me out make light of the whole situation. And the current event in the camp.

I soon heard steps entering our carriage and they took the barrel, bottles and stale bread and jerky and put them near what seemed to be an artisanal bench and table in one massive tent. Probably a mess hall.

 

The food was being served when all tenth been set up. I saw one figure talk to the chief through my spying point and the chief give him the keys I then saw him walking toward the woman tenth it wasn’t guarded why need they were defenseless right now… in shackles and a cage.

 

I immediately started to move my venom gland already full…  fear beating in my heart.

I followed him slithering carefully.

And followed him inside. I felt 3 pairs of eyes look at me and I flicked my tongue at them as I slowly slithered away from the man’s line of sight as he was focused on the key and his new toys. I slowly climbed using my body like a screw forward and using my strength like a grip around the metal bar of the cage corner and slithered over the woman huddled together he slowly reached for one of them. They screamed and tried to move away, the man not taking any of this smack them and brutalize one of them under my very own eyes. I knew I needed to act luckily the fool dropped his guard in its angered state.

 

And I acted, I let myself fall and as soon as I was near his face I used my muscles strength and dexterity to move toward is eyes and bit with all my might into the spongy organ and to muffle the man scream I immediately used my 6 points of strength they aren’t much but anyone knows a snake isn’t something u want to face as their whole muscle are acting as one, weak individually but constricted over your face they aren’t as weak.

As such I constricted my body over his mouth and throat and squeezed with all the energy I could moister as I poured all my venom glands content deep into the brain and gore eye socked of the bastard that aggressed my… friend.

 

He bit my body in despair and I feel his teeth open on my flesh as blood started to fall, so did my general strength but I hold on until the venom took out is a vital function and fell dead on the floor I waited to be sure and slowly and then felt my strength leave me as I blanked out from the exhaustion and blood loss.

-----Aurora Pov-----

I was the first to move and quickly reached for the key that had fallen near the asshole and human scum, I then succeeded in opening my shackle using my teeth and then did my girlfriend first as she was one of the most important members of their party. And then I immediately moved to help the rest of them, I knew we needed to be quick.

----Nare Pov------

Nare might only be a young foxkin knew which was first her gf could wait she only been hurt slightly , Leĩea in the other hand.... I immediately rushed as soon as I was free toward Leĩea and started healing the damage done by those assholes earlier.. and left to bleed out she was in a very bad shape.

 

I slowly poured my mana healing the damage wrought to her arm and nerve she couldn’t give back blood even though she had lost a lot I knew she had enough still to be stabilized and immediately got up and after kicking the corpse of the monster , I gently and delicately removed the poor snake from our aggressor’s head.

Seeing the open wound and the bone I winced with teary eyes and started pouring more mana than I should had to intomy spell [Healing] healing the little one body caringly and with a lot of internal worry and turmoil.

 

Even though she was so small… she acted with such care, bravery and affection no one could see them as only a pet. I felt kind of bad to not think my mate’s words were logical but now I did fully and completely. I, Nare, didn’t see a snake or a tamed animal. But a girl’s soul and all with a mismatching body.

 

 

As soon as everyone was freed Aurora came back beside me and asked what everyone wanted to know.

 

‘Is she going to be okay?’

 

I nodded with a sad expression.

‘She will survive, and she isn’t crippled but there will be a scare and a pretty nasty one as that human scum’ she pointed at his mouth’ literally took a bite of her side.’

Aurora growled and slowly stealthily made her way toward the door to see no one around.

 

‘I’m going to go scout ahead and make sure we are safe u 3 stay here and make sure nothing happens to our 2 sisters’

 

-----Aurora Pov------

The 3 conscious gals nodded at their party leader as she crouched and took the sword out of the guard side.

She slowly walked out and stealthily made her way toward the mess hall.

 

What I  saw shocked me.

As most of the bandits were either paralyzed fully foaming on the side of their mouth as some seemed to have died and their leader the bastard seemed to have been not as hit as the other as his chest heaved and he stared at me pure hatred glowing.

I knew what I needed to do, it wouldn’t be fancy or noble, but I wasn’t a knight but an adventurer ... I had a kind heart but those scum needed to die here or they wouldn’t be safe for us.

I slowly walked toward the chief and sliced open his throat and then walked toward all the others to finish what have been started.

 

3 hours later I came back carrying a chest full of our party stuff and 2 crates I luckily recovered full of a lot more stuff that i neatly stacked inside our carriage.

I then walked back toward my party and family.

 Our new friend only made one mistake…. They didn’t leave any food edible or water.

 

I sighed and went to get the others and explain to them the situation.

Nare and  I carried Leĩea while Cyriel carried their new friend.

-----Marriane bit and general party pov----

Marianne kissed the forehead of the little one and climbed in front to handle the horse. she wasn’t a word person, nor was she very talkative. But she felt the same as the others as she smiled and threw a fireball at the human encampment to set it ablaze before going back onto the road.

 

They slowly made their way toward the first town ready to purchase some provisions at exorbitant prices because of the massive racism of the human species.

Luckily they took the money from their adventurer kidnapper so they had way more than enough to purchase all they needed and some blood potion that they gently gave to Leĩea and…. the one still without a name.

 

Their little sister as they all felt. They would decide on a name together but give her the right to refuse or accept it after some proposition she will hopefully have one.

 

They quickly left the town without more incidents other than racism and hatred which wasn’t very special and expected.

And was quickly silenced by her growl of irritation.

Marriane was a catkin.

Sadly, as a child an injury took her ability to talk away she could still purr somewhat but it wasn’t pretty.

At least she looked hot in the fur and coat department as she looked like fire itself was alive. And her auburn hair was smooth and fluffy.

Aurora had a plan for the second town one they could afford thanks to the bad humans… which sadly constituted the majority. She shared it and Marriane, Nare, and Cyriel all nodded briefly interrupted by a now awake Leĩea. After hearing of what happened didn’t leave their little sister’s side and sobbed gently thanking her in the middle of her sob. She wasn’t in any state to take many decisions worried about their friend’s long-lasting unconsciousness.

They made their way toward the second town one beside the sea and luckily not racist as they were beside a mermaid city and were in a good relationship with one another.

 

Though that town was unable to trade with another town they had a lot of riches from the trade with the mermaid and had a lot of good resources and more importantly ships. If lucky they would be able to use a ship toward their own country which would be very useful and a lot safer all around.

 

but things are never as easy, and the still unconsciousness of their friend worried them all silently.

-----Lily Pov----

I opened my tired eyes to see myself in a space full of shadow and darkness.

I saw I green snake look at me

Or the mist that I was seemingly made of

She noticed my presence.

 

Congratulation on our first evolution. U reached level 10 after … killing the human that attacked our friend.

 

If I had a stomach, I would puke for what I did.

‘U would have earned more experience from the people that died from your toxic plan. But 10 is the cap.

So, the experience was just wasted sorry not sorry.’

Alright, I was definitely sick to my soul now.

 

The green snake smiled at me understanding or feeling what I was feeling.

‘u are no monster your actions were normal after all the end means the need. So please try to not be too hard on yourself.’

Before I could understand what, she said fully she continue.

 

‘U have 3 basic evolutions possible each will give u unique skill or morphology and u might have more choices depending on your achievement sadly u been unconscious for three days as such the system notification of your achievement is gone, she seemed a bit sad at that.

 

As such, some of those special evolutions might need a prerequisite that disgusts or surprise u also knowing our taste and what u would have wanted the deity, made sure to make your final evolution simple but made for your need as a past humanoid species!

 

So, look forward to that alright little one and now let us see what u choose.!!’

 

10