Chapter 12: Living Hell and Lost
113 8 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

-----Lily/Ruby Pov-----

Darkness was all around me…our minds Foggy, unfocused…. I suddenly felt something pierce my skin and inject something burning into my body and then darkness…. Seconds became an hour…. Hour became days… consistently … drugged I think?... at time…. I could barely think or feel anything before falling into a lifeless sleep.

 

Suddenly this void ended too brutally for my groggy mind…

We were woken up from an impact against our still painful side, a metal sound could be heard as we then fell to the ground. I opened my eyes quickly in fear to see…. No.....nonononononono …. I was in a cage?! How did this happen? I can’t even escape cause the metal structure is littered with barbed spikes that fully cover all the bars, preventing any escape in the result of massive bleeding injury

 

I was then grabbed by a strong arm my weakened body unable to resist, lifted and slowly tied to a cold marble table. I was scared, where was I, where was my sister, please…. Someone helps us! Tear flew down my scale as a knife opened my back, pain…pain, pain…... pain was all I felt…. My blood exited the entry as a male rough laugh resonated over my barely conscious self, I felt something cold be inserted into my body… an alien body, after which liquid was poured, mending my flesh with the intruder…. all I felt was the pain, it turned my sight blood-red….it was too much, and I could feel my mana go berserk inside of causing internal damage, as a bottle was forced down my throat…. Then I only felt the embrace of death as my consciousness slowly vanished while my mouth was forced open.

 

I woke up inside something akin to a cell, surrounded by stone, one complete metal door in front of me, with something akin to a window, to check on me. I didn’t know how long I passed out, but I was notified by a notification.

[Wings] has been forcefully integrated into your body

[Snake fang] has been forcefully removed

Pain tolerance Lv.1 has been acquired from painful experience

Pain tolerance has Leveled up to Level 2.

 

…… I immediately moved my head toward my backside and I mediately was traumatized… by the bloodied wings brutally folded on both my side. Let alone how numb they felt… I could already tell there were multiple fractures…. Moving them would be a foolish endeavour. I slowly used my tail to use [healing touch] and healed the worse of the fracture, pain slightly flashed into my head as the bone realigned themselves… as soon as my mana ran dry… I stopped…. The wings… were still fractured but it was better than before.  I coughed some blood and yellow venom…. Remnant of what I lost…...

My ears feather moved as I heard footsteps coming… the door opened, and a wave of children was thrown into the cell…. Almost only girls, elves, merfolk, beastkin…. Heck, even some human ones and at least 3 fairies had their wing brutally forced shut by a massive metal circle that pierce the wing and prevented any movement this is monstruous….

 

Suddenly one of the men grabbed me under the scared and traumatized children and fae folk, throat first and carried me outside toward what I expected was going to be my personal hell.

 

A ruff man with a robe and a mask hiding his face forcefully took me from the goon’s arms and I was once again tied to the now bloody marble table. He took a rough look at my bloody wing and nodded to himself. And before I could move or react, a knife pierced my side…. he opened my side parallel to the wings without any care for the amount of blood I had already lost, the pain blinded me forcing tears and a whimper from my mouth as I felt something sip inside and once again be forcefully mended by hot liquid, like lava my flesh and scales were forced to fuse with the alien intruder. Somehow, I was able to stay awake through it this time…. But then he worked on my other side, and I once again fainted both from blood loss and pain.

 

The next day I was forcefully awoken and carried back to my personal living hell, I was once again put onto the bloody table, and my 4 wings were in order forcefully opened by the monster that experimented with me like a fanatic. The pain of my broken bone resurfaced as tears ran down my cheeks, each wing causing more whimper in me.

I hoped that was all…. But I was so wrong as I felt something slimy and cold cover the alien wings, Pain irradiated from them like all hell was let loose, they melted and reformed and melted again and again. And then I closed my eyes hoping to never awake as the pain knocked me out flatly.

Pain Resistance Lv.3 acquired

…..

Pain Resistance Lv.4 acquired

 

Wings have been forcefully modified by alchemical reagent…

……..

…….

 

 

 

I was nudged awake by 2 gentle hands slowly petting my nose or is it a muzzle?

I opened my eyes and stared at the 3 fairies currently looking at me with extreme worry on their face.

 

‘Are you okay?’ the 3 asked together

I slowly and painfully nodded

They looked at me in shock, ‘Titania be dammed’, one of them said in a low whisper, tears flowed down her eye as she looked at my body and its forced change.

 

I looked at them and tried to use telepathy,

[Can you…. hear me?] I asked them

They all nodded.

I sighed in relief…. At least I didn’t lose telepathy, for now, that’s less to worry about.

 

[Good…. they will probably experiment more on me…. and hopefully just me… I refuse to see children die if I can prevent it…  so please stay away from me the less you catch their eyes the better….] I transmitted with my last strength as the world grew dark

 

I was awoken by something being forced inside my mouth, and then I felt pain all over my body like it was imploding outward then stabilizing immediately leaving no change but pain, the mad scientist …...just took note like what he was doing was fine and made a sign to the goon to carry me back, I cried as I was thrown back into the cell, and once the door was close the fairy ran toward them with one beastkin,

 

‘Hey Lily, sorry for using identify but we wanted to present you Aria, she is a foxkin that seems to possess healing mana, she is not very talkative but she wanted to help you as best as she can, and we know what you told us but… we can't just let you sacrifice yourself like this’ with that being said, Aria slowly poured healing mana inside of me, tears in the corner of her eyes, until she was fully dry of mana while the other children used their body to hide us from sight under the fairy instruction. I passed out from exhaustion in the middle of it out unable to stay awake.

Days went by, then months…. After what I think was 3 months of torture our scarred body is now slightly covered with feathers and fur with our tail half looked like a fluffy foxtail, it was beautiful yes… but also…... abnormal on a snake frame, all I could remember was the pain of being open and used as some lab rat… then when he felt happy, he decided to use us for alchemical and synthesis experiment he kept it soft, and the smaller change appeared the more is dark grin grew. Dr.Mad went overboard one day and started fusing feathers and fur into our bodies at his whim. Resulting in the asymmetrical patch of feather or fur or our tail’s new appearance, we somehow managed to keep our sanity through all of it, probably because of Aria…. Helping us and taking care of us as best she could… we truly loved her… …. She really helped us, and we could only feel love toward our newest sister.

 

I woke up again and was immediately forced awake roughly, like I had been for the last couple of weeks, brought back to Dr. Mad scum and served as his toy. I was once again forced to drink the liquid again and again even as blood started falling out of my cheeks and the world was dark, but one system message, flashed before the goddess of death took me in with her.

 

Evolution has been forced

 

I woke up to an injured Ruby in what seemed to be a ruined landscape, she immediately hugged me while we were safe and both physically present…. and I cried and cried as she did the same, hours went by until we finally separated.

 

‘Sadly we…. We cannot change our evolution she said after a long pause… all we can do is mature our current one’…. She said…

 

‘That’s bastard doing?’ I asked

She nodded… ‘whatever he’s doing he’s forcefully changing us…... killing us like we some lab rats. The system is barely keeping itself afloat for us it’s to the point where evolution is corrupted, and we can only mature now. Also… Aria.. gives her my thanks … she is the only reason I’m still around I think….’

 

I looked at her with shock and fear

‘That means that….’

She nodded slowly… ‘You will wake up now lily… I can’t seem to take control of the body it’s too tired from the change of soul energy but I’m there with you okie? Love you, sis.

 

I slowly nodded and woke up massively bigger than before but for whatever reason still tied to the table, I tried to struggle but when I turned my sight all I saw was Aria’s lifeless body a dagger in her heart……  and something inside me broke into pieces, was it my mind, my heart, my soul, my emotion…. Or maybe wasn’t it ruby death, I don’t know, and I couldn’t care less, one of the children I wanted to protect was now staring at the ceiling fresh tears still wetting her forever frozen face. She helped me so much and look where it led her…. To her own death…. The pain started to shred my mind as what was broken broke more and then nothing.

-------Fairy trio (Rosa) Pov-----

 

It’s been 3 hours since they took Aria with them, and without forgetting Lily never came back…. 2-week ago she disappeared, and we didn’t see her then at all, we were all worried sick…

 

Then this morning those brutes grabbed Aria and forced her to follow them without a care in the world… what was going on did Lily die and they decided to use Aria as a replacement… ?

I was crying and hugged by my 2 sisters when one of the beastkin kids looked at me and whispered, ‘we hearing footstep and something heavy being dragged, miss rosa’

 

I nodded weakly I wasn’t known to be strong I was the most vulnerable of my sisters, but… when the footstep stopped, and the door was opened wide 2 masked goons slowly carried…. No no … this can't be…

[Identify]

Name:Lily Nova

Status: Broken, unconscious, Trauma(major)….. [Can’t collect more information]

 

Aria’s face was unconscious but what [identity] gave me was Lily’s name instead, Aria…. Aria’s face and soft body now had the 2 wings on her back and the white and red scale that seemed to glow more faintly than before slowly grew from the base of her lower body, accented by some feather and duvet, and the other 2 wings that were previously on Lily body. Where the hips connected to the lower body …which in this case….was Lily’s snake and experimented body. The fox-like tail dragging heavily behind…. No one said a word…. I couldn’t, the beastkin couldn’t…. the elves couldn’t even the few humans couldn’t… comprehend…. what was in front of us…. Was what remained of Lily’s… Aria … she was gone… … cause of me…

 

I reused identify… and sure enough, the broken status was probably caused when Lily saw Aria die…. Lily saw Aria as family, in her state… her body… will hurt her for even existing.

 

I slowly crawled forward Lily’s body, before leaning against her cold skin to try to listen to her heartbeat, and sure enough, a small steady heartbeat started to pound inside her small chest.

 

No one reacted at first …. But the beastkin that knew Aria cried and bundled together to sleep against Lily’s to give her some warmth as she was still partially a reptile cold still could mean her death…. We ... we all went to sleep distraught. Some of us were too scared to stay awake and discover who next.

 

 

In the middle of the night, an explosion rippled through our ears as the shout and blood-curling scream of our captor resonated throughout the night, the only person still asleep and crippled with dozen of scars and wounds was Lily. we heard a footstep and then a lantern glowed through the door window, which was immediately forced out of its hinge.

3 soldiers covered in some gorgeous armour from one of the elven towns... looked at us in the room and then looked at Lily’s unmoving body, The soldier the farthest dropped the blood-splattered book he was reading and immediately entered the room and slowly proceeded to check Lily’s Chimera Body.

 

‘What the hell have they done to that poor kid…. ‘One of them said before the one at the door slammed her fist into a wall causing it to break apart, ‘Alvyre, Go prepare one of the bandit carriages we will need and tell my medics to prepare a plank or something that we can use to more easily carry them without worsening their injury, they are the same as any race that needs special tool and service compared to us bipeds’

 

The man that was shocked immediately screamed when outside the door and we heard steps moving further away and some move closer.

 

 

4