Prologue
1.6k 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mira was exhausted, frustrated, and depressed by the direction her life had taken. She had lost her job, the source of her pride after making serious mistakes in the execution of the most important project for the company, and had gone through a toxic divorce with her wife after seven long years of marriage, her relatives and friends had also abandoned her. She was not well, her long black hair was disheveled after an angry outburst, strands tangled and dull. Her bare feet after throwing her shoes in opposite directions, breaking an expensive Chinese vase and the picture frame containing the photo of the best day of her life, her wedding.

She screamed hysterically until she felt her throat fail, out of strength and out of breath. Tears soon began to fall from her eyes, smearing her makeup and staining the smooth skin of her pale face that she didn't bother to wipe away. Staggering, she made a terrible decision in her mind before reaching into the pantry where she grabbed a bottle of pills and the strongest bottle of wine. Without glasses and without manners, Mira began pouring the sweet alcohol into her throat which soon gained an intoxicating acidity. She drank regardless of the strong hangover the next day as she walked to the living room and sat down on the cold wooden floor. She drank some more and picked up the broken board full of cut glass, swung it sideways and knocked the vast majority of it to the floor.

He danced the tips of his fingernails on the smiling faces etched into the picture as memories of beautiful days invaded his mind. Mira smiled a little and soon drank more wine to deflate all her acquired sorrows, wanting to hide it all in drunkenness, but it didn't work, she just felt worse about the feelings of guilt and anger. She drank more as the loud crying returned and sobs came out of her pink lips. She became drunk and desperate to the point of actually throwing the amount of pills down her throat.

It was not the best choice to make, but for someone alone who had been suffering for a long time and with no prospect of improvement. Maybe it was the best option she found to forget everything and everyone, to fall asleep and enter a nice dream where everything would be perfect. A world colored with her favorite and unrealistic colors. Where she would no longer have to suffer with these feelings tied to her heart, she would be happy... Very happy... 

Little by little her mind was surrendering to the darkness. It seemed welcoming and calling to her, calling her into a soothing embrace. Warm. Just as the wooden floor felt softer and cozier to what it really was, it didn't even seem petrified of the cold of the harsh winter. It felt good, and Mira wished she could turn in, just sleep and forget everything. To have a clear conscience such as she had never possessed. So without reprisal, Mira surrendered and fell asleep right there, never to wake up again. Although, her mind took her to a beautiful place, a landscape formed by a lake full of red water where her completely naked body stood with her lower part inside, she turned her head to all directions and noticed yellow trees from the trunks to the leaves on the tips of the branches. A forest full of them without suffering from tints of other colors.

Mira felt calm and relaxed as she looked at the yellow trees. They were strange, but she didn't think much about it. Not that she didn't want to think about it, but, in fact, she couldn't think deeply. For she felt that her mind was not complete. Taking too much of herself. So all that was left was to admire everything around her.

With her eyes coming a little bit alive, Mira moved up her face and pointed to the pink sky dotted with bright gray stars. But no moon and even less sun.

"What... place... that"

She continued searching with her gaze, but found nothing else relevant but the strange landscape formed by her favorite colors. So she decided to filter in the red water she was stuck in, she looked and looked, but all she could see was the burgundy red. It wasn't hot or cold either, normal temperature perhaps, as Mira couldn't fully tell. She moved her hands and created little waves to distract herself before picking up some and tasting it with her papillae. It was sweet and intoxicating like a good wine.

Mira liked the taste of it and wanted to taste some more...more and more until she was intoxicated. Crazy, she began to swim and aimed for the deepest part, deep down, where the light couldn't penetrate the watery surface and the air couldn't reach. And even without air in her lungs Mira didn't feel uncomfortable, she didn't need to breathe as she went deeper into the red water.

Her hands and legs moved, taking her body deeper. For minutes, hours, days, months. Or maybe seconds, since her perception of time was affected and she never reached the bottom. Even swimming for a long time she never encountered anything but water and she didn't feel tired either, just with a determination to reach the bottom. As if something was calling her, it drew her there.

So she continued on without a second thought as her mind was being affected by something, still missing. At a certain point, Mira felt a great coziness as if she were lying on the softest mattress in the world. It felt good. The red water literally embraced her, taking her to the bottom where only darkness remained. She didn't even have to swim and just followed the flow of water that carried her like a current.

Strange. For a few moments Mira felt something in her mind, a force stirring with what was left and adding missing parts. Filling in spaces and locking away some of the factors that determined who she really was.

And without the strength to fight back, Mira just closed her eyes and became intoxicated again with the sensations. But it didn't take long for them to open again, as a small ray of light hit her closed eyelids causing her to open her eyes. She looked and saw streaks of light amidst the watery darkness. The streaks grew longer and longer as Mira drew closer. And strangely enough, some small fires of energy began to expand inside her body making her feel very alive.

Excited, Mira hurried her hands and legs to reach the light source where it was warmest and most eye-catching, she continued until she reached her goal. And when she arrived, the atmosphere and the sensations her body felt were replaced. Her eyes also became heavy and a slight pain settled in her head, her mind a little bewildered, but in a better state than before.

She waited and tried to calm herself down, soon noticing that she could breathe calmly and felt no water around her body. She was dry, but abnormal.

Slowly Mira opened her eyes and was faced with long white hair on her face and a white tail wrapped around her legs. She looked around and realized she was standing on the stone altar in the middle of the cavernous room, barely lit by a few candles, while wearing a white kimono with a black belt in the center.

"Where am I now? I remember that.... Ugh!"

Mira tried to remember where she was previously, but nothing came to mind. She did not possess enough memories to determine where she came from, only lapses. "I drank some wine and ingested some medicine... fell asleep and woke up here? And what is that furry tail...?", curious, Mira grabbed the furry tail and felt some strange tickling. She moved her hand over the tail and found that it was connected to her body, right above her butt.

"Wait! Since when do I have a tail attached to me!? And my hair wasn't white like this.... Or was it?" As she brushed she used her fingers to brush her hair. Mira found that its length reached her buttocks, shaving her soft tail.

She kept trying to weigh in on the color of her hair and the tail attached to her body, but she found that she couldn't remember about that either, but, there was certainty that the tail shouldn't be there. As was the kimono she was wearing.

Half curious and scared to try to figure out what new surprises awaited her. She began to examine her own body in detail, noticing that her fingernails were larger and looked like white claws. On top of everything there were several marks and symbols tattooed on the white skin of her body.

"I remember that my fingernails didn't look like claws and there were no tattoos carved into my skin. And they weren't that big...", feeling the weight on her shoulders, Mira brought her hands to her breasts and suspended them in the air, they were voluminous and soft. Different, but nice.

"Now, what is that strange thing between my legs?"

25