Chapter 5: Hidden Function
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I ignore what my system said and just carefully picked up the crickets on its tongue but my form was just a mosquito, thus unable for me to lift even just one.

'Transform!' I said as I expected I would still be able to transform but just a cold voice echoed.

'The host was unable to perform transformation. Transformation can only be used once a day, and the frog's mouth can't be mimicked as the current form of the host was too small.'

'What?! Then, how.. how could I be able to bring all the crickets to his wife?!'

'Damn it! I hate.. really hate this life!'

I got angry at how pathetic I am right now and got depressed as all I do was always wrong and made me feel horrible.

I tried to lift the crickets on its tongue, but it was just as big as me, and almost exhausted all my strength by just carrying it above from the ground.

'A reminder: The host can't do things that are too heavy to carry or do. The host right now has at most only have 5 days to live. It is recommended for the host to transform permanently into another form.'

'What?? What are you trying to say?! How could I be able to transform permanently when you're only giving me parts to take form?! Are you damn kidding me?!'

'I only follow rules, so please, don't get angry at me.'

'Then, at least.. tell me what should I do! Damn it!'

'Congratulations to the host to find the hidden function: Exchange. The host can exchange his level points for the answer to any questions. Note: The harder the question, the higher the points will need to exchange.'

'What?? Did I have such a function? Hahaha, what a great function! So great that I would die, damn it! Just that function?! Don't I have any function, like being able to transform for a minute or anything?! Why that, and in exchange for my level points?! Are you just f*cking kidding me?! Do you think it was a show?! What would I get with that ability?! Damn!'

'Warning: the host shouldn't say anything bad about the system or your second life will be taken back, sending you to the underworld.'

'Woah?! And you have the guts to say that to me, and threatened me?! Hahahaha, you think the second life that you give to me was so great?! Who are you to say that to me, damn you?! How.. how dare you threatened me with my life, just for this fucking... stupid life! Do you think I'm afraid..'

'Red Warning: One word or you'll die!' a voice with such overwhelming killing intent suddenly burst from my mind, as if trying to deaf me and make me crazy, which gives me such a goosebump and catastrophic feeling.

'So what... No... I.. I can't die. His.. his wife was.. still waiting for his crickets. I should.. give her the crickets... first before I die. In.. that way... I wouldn't feel.. too guilty to leave this.. world.'

I was about to yell at the system again and was ready to die but I suddenly remember the frog's last wish.

'I'm sorry, system. I.. I can't die for now.' 

'The host need not apologize.'

'Then, let me exchange the answer for the question I asked earlier.'

'Exchange performed. 0.6 points were deducted from the host, leaving a total of 1.8 points. Answer: the host can obtain a form to mimic permanently by obtaining all the parts from a certain form and merging it completely.'

'What?? Merging? Oh, I see. Obtaining all the parts, so that's why I can only obtain a certain part. Then, all I need is just to kill another spider. Spider lifespan was long according to its species, and the species I kill seems to be a bit good so it can last for a few years. So I can take the form of spider first and since I only need the legs part.'

I suddenly realized something, and once again have another goal, a goal that was enough for me to desire to live a few days.

'Wait, I need to bring the crickets faster, or else his wife might notice something went wrong! I need to kill the spider as soon as possible!'

I said as I still keep trying to find any spider I can spot within this vast forest.

I fly for another hour, but I still can't find any spider and seems to get lost in the forest.

It feels like I'm just flying all around the forest and even unable to find its end.

Due to flying for hours, I was suddenly struck by hunger again, and when I look down, I suddenly glimpse a spider. Yeah, a spider.

Although it looks a bit different from the spider I already killed, it's still a spider and since I'm also hungry, I didn't think too much and attack it.

I fly faster than before, since I level up, and was about to pierce the spider when it suddenly used its leg to defend against me.

I didn't expect that and was thrown away, but I didn't sustain any damage, so I just attack again.

I fly in a zigzag way to confuse it, but the spider seems to be calm and has no expression or anything else, and just looks like he's skilled.

I used my six legs when I got near him to occupy his legs, and used my wings to have the advantage to move more freely and will use my proboscis to pierce him, but even with that, he can still block me.

Our six legs kept on exchanging blows, like how a swordsman fought with a swordsman, while moving like a martial artist, and my proboscis and his fangs like offense and defense.

I can't seem to shake him off, and even after a while of fighting, he seems to not be affected by it, and I.. I getting weaker and was about to pass out.

Due to my strength leaving my body away, the spider was suddenly able to bite my proboscis and break it apart, which make me feel terrible.. no.. a terrible pain that can shake my soul, and make me fully awake in instant.

My head feel numb from the pain while my blood continued to drip out.

My ability to fly was canceled and I just fall pitiful in front of the spider waiting for me to kill me.

I closed my eyes to accept death, and apologize to the female frog, but even after a moment passed, nothing happened and only my proboscis was just hurt.

I was confused so I tried to move my eyes and was stunned to see the spider looking at me expressionlessly.

The spider was not that disgusting to look at, and its orange eyes just stand too much.

I look into its orange eyes and suddenly remember something I don't want to remember again.

The spider seem to notice I was just alright, so it tried to leave me alone, but even I don't want to... I don't want to kill such an innocent... and kind spider, I.. I have no choice.. but to be a horrible villain that everyone will hate.

I instantly use my remaining strength to fly towards the back of the spider and pierce the remaining proboscis, and even if it pains like hell, I still pierce his back and suck his blood.

The spider seems to not expect my sudden action, and it makes me want to cry from disgust.. disgust at myself, but I steel my resolve.

I continue to suck hard and the spider seems to be afraid and tried all it can do to make me leave his back, and even rolled to crush me, but it was still unable to stop me until he finally gets weakened.

'Don't.. kill me! I.. I still want to live! Please.. let go of me! I.. I want to live!' a sweet voice echoed in my mind, as a strong desire to live was mixed in its plea.

I halt my action, because I can't finally endure such strong emotions welling up inside my body, and leave its back.

'I.. I admit defeat! So please.. don't kill me!' another sweet voice echoed in my head which make me feel too guilty, it might suffocate me.

'Congratulations to the host for being able to defeat a special spider. Able to obtain another part of the spider that can be mimicked: special legs. The host level increased by 0.3 points. The host able to obtain all the parts of a particular form (spider), and can exchange 2 points to merge it into spider form. Time limit: permanent.'

Note: If you want more chapters, you can go to Webnovel.com. Thanks for supporting this book.

2