Chapter 9: Moving Scenery
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I didn't expect at all that we will bring despair and kill the female frog since we didn't really say too painful words. Yes.. we speak of some hurtful words... But not that painful. That female frog was just exaggerating! And even so, even if she died, she still cheat on him! I.. I would never.. feel guilty towards... the action I made!

"Eh? How? Why... Why did we able to kill her?"

As I was really confused, I asked Shine.

"See that, Grey? It just means that she also loves Froggy. She loves him despite cheating on him."

"Hahaha! That's the most ridiculous joke I ever heard! How could someone do that?! Shine... How? How.. how could someone be that heartless?"

"Grey, not all things are what you view the world. Sometimes, there's just this reason that makes someone do things beyond their will."

"Shine... so... So you're trying to say that it is our fault why.. why did she kill herself? But why? She deserves it! She cheats on Froggy... So. She deserves it!"

"I know, Grey. But.. you know yourself that.. it's still wrong."

"Why? Why is life so unfair, Shine? I... Was.. was every action I take need to be wrong? Why did I never do a single right thing to do? Why.. why is it always wrong? Why.. why always make me feel like a horrible person?"

"Grey... please.. calm down. It's not your fault nor ours, Grey. And please...  don't be like this. We still need to carry on for tomorrow, so please.. don't give up, Grey."

Seeing such orange eyes being on the verge of crying... All the anger and condemnation in my heart seem to be washed away and filled with worry instead. I didn't seem to want to see Shine crying, despite the reason still unknown.

"Shine.. I never said I would give up."

"But you always seem you would. You always seem like you could just die at any moment. You always seem that you will leave my side at any time. It.. it makes me anxious, Grey. You... You.. you're the first person I saw with the same state as I was, so... I.. I want you, us, to be human together, Grey."

Hearing her saying those words, with tears in her eyes, I felt angry at myself and ashamed. I didn't want to make Shine cry... But still, She cries in the end. I even made her feel that anxiety... I'm such a bastard. Yeah... That's right... I've never been a good person. I've never been a help to anyone and just keep on being a burden to everyone. Why?! Why?! Why do things always go the opposite way I want things to be?

"Grey... if.. if you're thinking you're just a burden, that.. you.. you never did the right thing... Then you get it wrong. Just think of someone in your world. There would be someone who would want you to be at their side..  who would need your help, just like I am. Just like Froggy! Just like the person you help! Don't always think negatively! Try to be positive at some point, Grey."

I was surprised that she seems to be able to read my mind... but her words really moved me.

"But... Shine.. it.. it's hard. Maybe someone can be positive easily.. but.. there are still those who find it hard, just like me. It.. it's really just hard to be positive."

"Then.. I'll help you, Grey. Who says you need to do things alone? I'll help you. I'll be by your side, and so you too. Let's help each other, Grey, okay?"

That sentence makes my heart cleanse, for a reason I don't know why.. but when I'm with Shine.. I just can't help but be comfortable... I feel so familiar.. I can't help but get intoxicated by her.

"Yeah. Sorry.. if I get so.. dramatic, Hahaha."

I can't help but laugh to see how pathetic I am. I get easily emotional and easily depressed. Fortunately.. I met her, Shine.. she's just like her name, Shine. She gives light to me... who lives in darkness. I was so grateful I could even meet her. She's just like the person I love back then. Just looking at her makes me remember her.

"Finally... you seem to lift your mood. That's good. Well, let's just go to the place I want to show you. The time was also right before we get there."

"Now.. that you seem anticipated to show it to me.. I can't help but get excited."

As our short drama ended, we continue to walk for around two hours, before we reach the top of the tallest tree in the forest.

Although it sounds unbelievable that we manage to walk towards the top within just two hours, as the distance was like miles, it might be probably because of our level and special constitution of our body.

A giant tree with a height of 7.65 m, stands tall among the other trees. I and Shine sat on its leaves, as I was mesmerized by the scenery below.

Being at the top of the tree, my eight eyes can see a wide range of scenery from left to right.

 An abundant green tree with a hint of bodies of water, colorful birds that flutter around the tree, harmonious sounds from different chirps, several mountains competing in height, and fresh air that relaxes someone's mind, are reflected in Grey's eyes.

He.. he was bewitched by it, as it ease all his worry, and can't help but just relax his body at this moment.

Shine seems to feel glad, sensing me to leisure on the leaves.

"It.. it's so beautiful! This.. this place is fantastic!"

"Yeah.. do you like it?"

"Yes! This place is like a paradise. It feels like it was your own world, that was as splendid as you, as shining as your name, that you make me see it as well, so it feels really fantastic. I'm so glad you make me see this scenery as well. Thank you, Shine."

"Wel--welcome. You.. you're the first person I could view it with, after all."

"Still, I'm grateful."

The two continue to savor the scenery, and as the sun sets, the scenery went up to another level, making Grey move by it that tears unconsciously fall from his eyes.

"Grey... Grey, why are you crying?"

"No.. nothing. This.. this place is just so beautiful. It's.. It's the first time someone.. brought me to a place like this... It's.. It's also the first time... I witness.. such beauty... making me feel the beauty of this world, as.. as if I'm still part of it."

"Grey..."

Shine seems to feel Grey and got swayed by him so also cries, making Grey worried.

"Shine... It's fine. I'm fine.. so.. so don't cry, Shine."

"Grey, you're... your still as.. be.. I mean.. you are really such a good person. You still worry about yourself.. instead of you enjoying things laid in front of you."

"You overpraised me, Shine. It's because you're the one who make me show this.. that's why I got worried about you."

"Well... let's just rest here for today."

"Yeah.. the view is so great."

As the sun sets, orange light seems to fill the mountains, trees, dyed bodies of water, and change the colors of those colorful birds.

It was as if new life was about to end for today, and will go on in peace for a moment. It was really a vivid scenery that amazed and moved Grey to heart.

1