Chapter 16: Brother
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I let the two humans lock me in a rusted cage, the two humans watch me interestingly, as some emotions start to brew inside them.

"Astin! This.. this snake is so incredible! It's a certainty that we would make large money out of it!" Haroes snatch the cage in Astin's possession, as if a hen protecting its chick, before looking at me with wide ambition.

"Yeah... Let's auction this snake for a large amount of money."

"That's good! Yeah.. let's auction it toget..." As Haroes was still immersed in observing me, Astin, who appeared timid, unexpectedly lift his hand and strike the nape of the other man.

Due to strong force and being unguarded, Haroes faints instantly, with shock in his eyes. He didn't expect that his comrade would betray him.

"Sorry, Haroes.. But.. But if what you said is true.. then I need it. I really need gold centis.. so I hope you will forgive me." Astin said as he pick up the cage that fell on the ground with its holder, before leaving the faint Haroes.

Astin, as he holds the cage, run with an unbelievable speed towards the place where I leave Shine. I was confused at Astin's action, because, why would he come back to where I was captured instead of walking outside the forest?

Anxiety and nervousness start to well up in me since Astin might also want to capture Shine. That can't happen since my sacrifice would be for naught. I would look like an embarrassing fool, who confess to thinking that I can't meet her anymore.

"Damn it! Don't come back! Don't! Please!" I tried to yell, as possible as I can so the human will hear me, but even If I did so.. the human continue going back, ignoring me.

"Don't capture her! Just kill me! Kill me but please not her." I didn't give up and throw away all my pride and dignity just for Shine's sake. I want to make Shine safe.

"Who said I'm going to kill you?" a loud voice seem to burst my eardrum, as Astin looked at me.

The sudden response left me shocked as I didn't expect that Astin would really understand me. A human understanding an insect? It's a ridiculous joke I ever heard, but what if it's really true? I mean is.. just like what Haroes said... sometimes we might think of something strange because we didn't know they exist at the same time we're born.. what if Astin was like that?

"Do.. do you hear me?" I tried to confirm my guess and asked warily. I can't trust someone easily. What if Astin has some objective towards me and Shine?

Instead of Astin's answer, a serious voice echoed in my mind.

'Congratulations to the host to meet the third chosen host. Special Gift will be rewarded.

Ultimate Connection: the three hosts can be connected despite different locations. The host can teleport to where the other host is located.

Note: Teleportation can only be used once a week.'

A once again big surprise was presented in front of me, and I was left in disbelief.

'what?! What do you mean?!'

'As I said.. the host has met the third chosen host.'

'what?! A human?! The third host is a human?!'

'Not quite right. Every host has been reborn equally.'

'impossible! This is impossible!'

'how.. how can that host become human instantly?! It's just been a few weeks! Not months or years! This is not true!'

I can't accept what I just discovered as I tried to look at Astin again.

"Hello. It might really sound unreasonable, but.. even I think it was fast."

"You.. you can read my mind?!"

"No. I just think you might feel it that way."

"So.. so you know me even from the start you shoot me?!"

"I'm sorry. I.. I need to act with Haroes. I mean.. this form I have right now is just from the person I killed, a best friend of his."

"Eh? Really?"

"Yeah.. I'm not fooling you. The system might already inform you just like how it informed me."

"If you knew.. then why shoot me?!"

"I.. I have no choice."

"No wonder you can shoot a lot at the same time. Is.. is it your skills?"

"Yes. I.. I used my skill to hit you."

"Damn it! You.. you make Shine cry! I'll never forgive you!"

"I'm.. I'm sorry. That's.. that's why I'm trying to find her as well. I knew you two were the other two chosen hosts, right?"

"Yes. But.. how.. how the hell did you level up so fast?"

"I.. I was placed in the ocean. I mean.. there's a lot of prey there."

"I see. You have such good luck!"

"No. It.. it was hell. Although it was not much different from my previous life.. but I still don't like killing. My brother would feel the same if he's in my state."

"I am too. I.. I hate killing. Are you finding Shine?"

"Yes.. so.. it's a she?"

"Yes..."

"Shine.. I see... do.. do you perhaps be Grey?"

"How.. how do you know that?"

"What?! Really?! Are.. are you really Grey?!" Surprised and longing appear on that handsome face, as Astin looks at me.

"Ye--yes. What's.. what wrong with you?!" I..  I was confused and got alerted by his sudden reaction when suddenly, a suffocating embrace covered my body.

A strong emotion builds up in Astin's eyes, as tears accidentally flow on my scale. It makes me puzzled and scared. But I can't deny that his embrace actually felt so familiar. I start to wonder now.. what his brother might be like.

Judging from his action, I think Astin was not a bad person, that's maybe the reason why I can't muster myself to be hostile at him. He feels as if connected to me.. I don't know how to explain it.. but being in his embrace.. makes me remember my siblings. Those days despite the hardship and hell of a life, I and my brother would embrace each other and will together survive life.

Those days mixed with killing and crimes, my siblings tried to comfort me and treat me as if I were the greatest eldest brother in the world. Such moments were longing and slowly eats my heart, as I unexpectedly want to go back to my own world.

I want to see my siblings, know if they're fine.. if they can still eat.. if Jant has already finished his study or if they're safe. Worries can't help but drown my entity, as tears unknowingly also fall from my eyes.

"So.. it's was really.. you.. brother." A shaking voice slapped my ears really hard, as I was dumbstruck by his words.

0