Chapter 1.8. Attestation. Part 1
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1.8. Attestation. Part 1.

 

The attestation was nothing new for Mike. All employees were required to pass it at least once a year. It was conducted by a special department, located on two underground floors. There is a laboratory on the first underground level and a training pavilion on the second underground level.

At the first underground level in the reception room, he was met by an attendant girl at the counter in a white coat.

“Good afternoon, how can I help you?” she asked.

"Good afternoon. Major Michael de Graaf has arrived to do attestation."

The girl opened the journal on her desk and quickly found Mike on the list.

"Yes, you are on the list," she said. "Okay, I'll fill out your papers now. Wait a couple of minutes."

He didn't have to wait long. Having finished filling out the papers, the girl handed Mike his papers.

“Read carefully and if everything is correct, then put your signature and magic signature,” she told him, pointing to the place of the signature and magic signature in the papers.

The papers that she gave him were "Contract for attestation", "Permission to use personal data" and "Health insurance contract". Everything was for one year. And in the case of injury or death, Mike or his relatives could receive compensation from the ministry. In the case of death, this is a one-year salary.

Having read it carefully, Mike put his signed and sign the papers with his magic signature.

"You keep one copy of the papers," she said, returning half of the papers to Mike and then adding more.

“Here is a referral for a physical and magical examination and a psychological test. And here,” she pointed to other papers “Referral for a test of physical, magical, and combat training.”

“You have two days to pass the attestation. You need to score at least 50 points out of 100 on each test. You will find out the number of points scored within five days after passing the attestation. The result will be sent to your department secretary. If you score less, you will be suspended from service. You will have 30 days to prepare for the re-attestation. If you do not pass the re-attestation, you will be immediately dismissed without the right to re-enlist."

“Physical examination is in room 2. A magical examination is in room 5. The psychological test is in room 7. The training test is downstairs. There you will be advised further. Are you clear?”

Mike nodded affirmatively.

"Yes, it's all clear," He answered her.

 

The first Mike decided to undergo a physical examination, especially since there was no one in front of the room. Knocking, he entered room number 5. The room was medium in size, in bright colors, and brightly lit. Along the perimeter of the walls are various devices and mechanisms. In the room was an elderly man, most likely a doctor, and a middle-aged woman, a nurse.

"Good afternoon," Mike greeted them. " Michael de Graaf, passing the attestation."

"Give me your papers young man," the man told him. Mike gave him the papers.

“Strip to your underwear and sit on the couch.”

The doctor pointed to the couch that was near the wall. After undressing and folding his things, Mike sat on it.

"Now the nurse will take a blood sample from you, and then we will scan your body," the doctor said as he began to examine him. "Are there any health complaints?”

"No," Mike answered him.

"Sleep normally? Does fatigue bother you?

"Yes, no, everything seems to be fine."

“Fractures, injuries over the past year?”

“There was a slight injury, but after a couple of weeks there was no trace left.”

“Disease or infection? You've been in a hot climate for the last year," the doctor asked, looking at the papers.

“Yes, you are right, the climate there is really not very pleasant. But I got through it just fine. Once there was food poisoning. But also nothing serious. It's all over in a week."

"This is good."

While Mike was talking to the doctor, a nurse took blood from Mike's vein.

“So, well, what remains is a body scan. Lie down here,” the doctor pointed to the scanner next to the couch. "We'll finish everything quickly."

The scanner in appearance was something like a sarcophagus with a transparent lid and a crystal screen with controls on one side.

When Mike lay down in the sarcophagus, the nurse closed the lid, and the doctor started the scanner. The image of Mike's body gradually appeared on the screen. First, the general image, then in turn the skeleton, circulatory system, internal organs, and so on. The entire scan took about 10 minutes.

“Well, young man,” said the doctor at last, “You are in good physical shape. I don't see any problems or complications. You can dress up. We're done with you."

The doctor returned to his desk and began to fill out his documents. After getting dressed, Mike took his documents, which by this time the doctor had already filled out.

"Have a nice day," he said goodbye and left.

 

The next in line was a magical examination. There was not a big queue of a couple of people in front of the room and Mike had to wait for his turn.

"Good afternoon," Mike greeted when it was his turn and he entered the room. " Michael de Graaf, passing the attestation "

"Good afternoon," two young women in white coats answered him.

The room was similar to the previous one, medium in size in bright colors, and brightly lit. Along the perimeter of the walls are various devices and mechanisms.

"Your papers," said the dark-haired woman at the desk nearest to Mike.

"Yes, of course," Mike answered her and held out his papers.

She studied them for a while, writing them down in her journal along the way. Then she turned to the second woman, also a dark-haired.

“Rebecca, we have a rare case. Mage universal!"

"Really?" she was surprised.

"Yes," the first one answered and added with a smile, "You can test him, I'm done with the papers."

“Come to me,” Rebeca said, “First of all, we will measure your general parameters. Volume, flow rate, level of leakage, level of predisposition to the main elements and the limit of controllability."

Mike walked over to her desk. She looked at him and said:

"If there are magical artifacts equipped or activated, then you need to take them off and deactivate them," she told him.

"Yes, there is," said Mike, and then removed a black ring from the finger on his left hand.

"Is there anything else," she asked Mike.

"No," he replied.

Rebecca nodded in the affirmative and then took a small transparent ball the size of a large apple from a desk drawer and handed it to Mike.

"First send some of your energy into the ball," she told him.

Obeying, Mike channeled some of his energy into the orb he held in his hand. A few seconds later, the ball turned into multi-colored iridescent colors.

"Hmm, interesting," Rebecca said as she saw the color of the ball, "Attention, now the ball will absorb each type of energy in turn. Don't resist it. On the contrary, you should help it.”

"Okay," said Mike.

After a while, he felt the ball begin to draw energy from him in small, short bursts. Mike did not resist and the ball first turned red, and then, with the next portion of energy, blue, and so on for several more colors. Naturally, each color was responsible for its own type of energy.

After a while, the ball began to accelerate, shortening the time between pulls. This went on for about 5 minutes. The ball was flashing different colors very quickly. After 7 minutes, it was already difficult for Mike to control his energy, so quickly the ball changed the type of energy that was being drawn out. By this time, the ball glowed already with a faint white light for the normal eye. Then the ball went out.

"Impressive," Rebecca said, and took the orb from Mike and placed it on the stand on her desk. Then she took a small transparent crystal from the table and inserted it into the crystal tablet next to the stand. The tablet lit up. Rebecca began to make some manipulations with the menu of the tablet.

"Velocity, leakage, predisposition, controllability limit," she said as she clicked on the pictures on her crystal tablet. She then turned to Mike, “Half of your results are already there. Now the practical part of the test remains.”

She pulled out the crystal, stood up, and walked over to one of the tables. Mike followed her. On the table stood some kind of device remotely similar to a "coffee maker" with a glass in a niche.

 Rebecca inserted a crystal into the device. Then Mike followed her instructions: Using his magical powers, he filled a glass with water, froze it, then unfreeze it and brought it to a boil, and the rising steam caught and held in the form of a sphere.

Then they proceeded to the next table with a similar device, only the glass was filled with earth. Rebecca took out a seed and planted it in the earth in a glass. Mike then channeled his energy to cause a seed to sprout into a small plant, and then cause that plant to wither until it crumbles to dust.

This was followed by two more similar devices with similar principles, but for testing other types of magical energy.

And the last device Mike was tested with was an eye tester.

"Look through the binoculars with magical vision," Rebecca told him. “You will have a luminous dot in your field of vision. Focus on it and do not let it out of your field of vision wherever this point moves.

"Okay," Mike told her.

He followed her instructions and looked through the binoculars. The binoculars were in total darkness. There was nothing to be seen. It was a plain black field. Soon Rebecca activated the device. A bright white dot appeared in the center of Mike's field of vision. It began to move slowly and Mike followed it closely.

The test went pretty quickly, no more than ten minutes.

"Well, that's pretty much it, all that's left is to complete the paperwork," Rebecca told Mike after the test was over.

"Anna, are the papers ready?" She turned to her colleague.

“Yes, they are ready, they are on your table,” answered she.

"Good."

Returning to her work table, she motioned Mike to a chair. "Sit down," she told him. Mike sat down in the indicated chair. Rebecca inserted the crystal into the tablet and then took his papers and started filling them out.

When she finished filling out the papers, she then placed them in front of Mike.

"Read and sign here and here, and put your signature," Rebecca pointed to the right places in the document.

Mike took the documents and quickly checked them.

 

Michael de Graaf

Gender: male

Age: 91

Place of employment: Department of Internal Investigations, Ministry of Foreign Intelligence, Abern

Magical Energy Reserve: Rank 5

Energy type

Energy Leakage

Energy Outflow

Energy Management

Energy Volume.

Rank

Fire

3

5

7

4

4

Water

3

4

7

4

4

Air

3

5

8

5

5

Earth

3

5

7

4

4

Metal

3

4

7

3

3

Lightning

3

5

7

4

4

Light

3

5

7

4

4

Shadow

3

3

7

3

3

Nature

3

4

6

4

4

Life

3

4

6

4

4

Death

3

3

6

3

3

In the table that Mike was looking at, all the data on his magical power was summarized. He was a universal magician, all 11 types of magical energy obeyed him equally. In the table column, "Energy Leakage" meant how much the body dissipated internal magical energy, and the higher the value, the worse. The "Energy Outflow" column indicates how quickly internal energy is released in the form of spells and the higher the value, the better. The "Energy Management" column indicates the quality and accuracy of magical energy management, and the higher the value, the better. For example, if "expiration" is greater than "management", then the use of magical energy can be associated with unstable spells with damage to user health. The column "Energy Volume" indicates the amount of internal energy of this type and the higher the value, the better.

"Congratulations, you now officially have a rank five," Rebecca announced.

"Thank you," Mike answered her.

 

In total there are eleven types (elements) of magical energy: fire, water, air, earth, metal, lightning, light, shadow, nature (wood), life, and death. All elements form five groups of opposite elements. For example, the element of fire is in opposition to the element of water. The remaining four pairs are air - earth, metal - lightning, light - shadow, and life - death. The element of nature stands out separately. Theoretically, the opposite element of nature should be the element of emptiness (Void). But so far, no practical confirmation of this has been found, just as the very element of emptiness (Void) has not been found. Each magical element corresponds to a different color:

  • Fire is red
  • Water - deep blue
  • Air - Milky white
  • Earth - brown
  • Metal - silver
  • Lightning - sky blue
  • Light - yellow
  • Shadow - purple
  • Nature - green
  • Life - snow white
  • Death – black

The magical energy itself is divided into internal, external, and borrowed.

Internal magical energy is in every living being. The source of this energy is the body of a living being. The body is capable of both producing magical energy and absorbing it from the environment. The circulatory system is an important element in the transfer and distribution of internal magical energy, just as the nervous system is an important element in the management of internal magical energy. Internal magical energy accumulates throughout the body, but the highest concentration is observed in the blood.

Each living body from the point of view of magic can be described by the following parameters: magic rank, list of magic elements available to the body, the amount of energy of each element, the amount of energy leakage of the element, the energy transfer rate of the element, the speed and accuracy of control.

The magic rank is intended to classify by power every living creature capable of magic. Magic rank starts at zero. Zero rank means no ability to magic. Usually refers to children up to a certain age. Magical rank increases as one ages, reaching its natural maximum by adulthood. Further growth is possible with the help of various training and techniques. The maximum rank attained by a mortal being is 12.

 

1