Background
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Was asked by some friends to run a Dungeons and Dragons Campaign. Since I hate the idea of being normal I decided to write the campaign from scratch. The first session is Sunday, so looks like we have some work ahead of us, and if my track record says anything this is going to end horribly! All jokes aside, included here is going to be the prologue for the story, with the first chapter being what happens in Sunday's session.

The continent Vihill was split into many sections over the centuries since it's conception. All vied for the central island that myths state to be the steps to Godhood. It is believed that the race who stands the precipice of the holy land will for the next century rule Vihill. The first challenge is the pearly gates that robotically asks, "Are you the worthy?"

The First Demon King who conquered Vihill declared, "I." Only to be smote where he stood.

The Human Pope who spread prosperity wherever he stepped claimed, "Yes." Only to be turned to ash instantly.

The Elven Lords, he Dwarven Grandmasters, Orc Chieftain, Dragon King all lost their lives to the Pearly Gates. This foreboding and deadly history did not slow those who chased the glory, to be the worthy.

With the generations that passed select races declined participation, unwilling to take part in the bloodshed for the competition. 

Eventually the historic continental war was turned in an annual contest, Gremor.

Most recently, the Elves beat the Demons and their Champion stood at the foot of the steps. Unlike every ruler before her, she returned from the gates unharmed. Witnesses praised her as Goddess; Bards spread her legends at every corner post. 

Following the conquest, the routine Vihelm, meeting of leaders, was held. Compatriots of the leaders stated the rulers made trips to their respective vaults with no notice of what they did in there. They became wry of ambassadors turning them away without reason. 

A decade has passed as we enter year 11AA, however; no future champion took strides through the holy arch. For what reason could put all leaders on edge? What did the Elven Champion return with? Only a tight group of people know the answer to this; but all wish to know, "Are you the Worthy?"

0