Chapter 15: R&R Battle 2
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Of course, Alexander was going to chase them. However, his action contradicted his desire.

 

He was rushing towards the closest skeleton, a melee. He ran whilst covering his soft spots under the hail of attacks of the range skeletons.

 

As the melee skeleton arrived in front of Alexander, he immediately de-limbed it. He didn't want a repeat of the previous meatless shield that kept attacking him.

 

With a new shield, he quickly dashed towards the closest cluster of range skeletons.

 

Like the knight of old, Alexander charged and impaled them on his Spellblade. 

 

As the meatless shield crumbled, Alexander grabbed a skeleton stuck to his sword as a replacement.

 

***

 

As the last melee skeleton arrived, The scene of Alexander brutalizing its brethren greeted its black firey eyes.

 

Alexander dropped a mangled skeleton and looked toward the last survivor.

 

As the skeleton valiantly charged at him, Alexander grabbed it by the skull and lifted it. It shrieked and continuously struck his arms. Alexander ignored it as he caved its chest in with his hand. Grabbing onto its fragile crystal ore heart, Alexander pulled it out.

 

Tar-like spiderweb snapped as the skeleton motion slowed. Alexander glanced at his trophy, still beating and radiating with unholy energy.

 

After a second, he crushed it, ending the undead scourge before wiping his hands.

 

_ _ _

 

<Tutorial quest 2: The dead lingers - Completed>

 

<Description: No mortal has walked this accursed land for millennia. Now you, a forsaken soul, have threaded upon this forbidden path. Survive and destroy all incoming enemies>

 

<Objective: Kill all 50 Enemies>

 

<Progress: 50/50>

 

<Rewards: 6 free points>

 

_ _ _

 

<Level up>

<Level up>

 

_ _ _

 

The soundtrack of war slowed to a stop, replaced by a quiet bow of a violin. The tranquil sound of a maiden masterfully playing her violin on a meadow, a meadow filled with swords and corpses. 

 

The result of war. A war of supremacy, of ideology, of conquest. A war that the maiden and the soldiers died there know nought.

 

Hearing the soothing melody laced with sorrow that signalled the end of the battle, the exhausted Alexander collapsed on the boney ground. He inspected his gain.

 

“Interface”

 

_ _ _

 

[Name]: ???

 

[Species]: Ælf [Culture]: Neasdocs-Ælf

 

[Renown]: 50

[Level]: 2(50/200)

 

[Stats]: 8(7) Strength, 9(8) Agility, 12 Charm, 7(6) Endurance, 9(8) Stamina, 8 Intelligence, 2 Mana, 0 Faith  

 

[Traits]: Children of Neasdocs

 

[Affinity]: Normal Faith, Minor Single-handed Weapon

 

[Attainment]: Inspect

[Free points]: 15

 

_ _ _

 

[Name]: Spellblade

 

[Rarity]: Trash

 

[Level]: 1(0/150)

 

[Passive]: +1 Strength, +1 Endurace

 

[Traits]: Evolvable, Soul Bound, Indestructible 

 

[Description]: A common iron sword gives better stats than this.

 

_ _ _

 

[Name]: Shortsword

 

[Rarity]: Trash

 

[Level]: 1(0/150)

 

[Passive]: +1 Agility, +1 Stamina

 

[Traits]: Evolvable, Soul Bound, Indestructible 

 

[Description]: A common iron dagger gives better stats than this.

 

_ _ _

 

Chibi Cillian appeared next to him on a Go-Cart.

 

Noticing his arrival, Alexander spoke without moving his body.

 

“Are you here to tell me that I should have killed those rangers first?”

 

However, Chibi Cillian shook his head.

 

“Nah, I’m here to congratulate you for thinking on your feet. After all, sometimes there is no best option. It’s how you deal with the hand you were dealt that’s important.”

 

Alexander tilted his head towards the Chibi.

 

Before he could ask about his garbage weapons, Chibi Cillian pulled out a unicorn onesie and dropped it on top of Alexander.

 

“What is this for?” Alexander lifted the pink coloured onesie in confusion.

 

Alexander attempted to scan it.

 

_ _ _

 

[Name]: Unicorn Onesie

 

[Rarity]: Unique

 

[Durability]: 1,000,000,000/1,000,000,000

 

[Traits]: Auto-repair

 

[Toggle]: Glitter

 

[Description]: A one of a kind onesie made for ???’s party.

 

_ _ _

 

Alexander’s face instantly twisted. He glanced ominously towards Chibi Cillian.

 

“Ahem!” Trying to hold his laughter, Chibi Cillian replied. “The main body forbids me from giving you anything but cosmetic items that don't improve stats and only have party related passive.”

 

Chibi Cillian then hovered his Go-Cart by Alexander’s side and pointed at the onesie.

 

“That is one of many items the main body hasn’t used yet.”

 

Alexander squinted his eyes.

 

“Well, are you going to walk around like that?”

 

Alexander looked down to find himself mostly naked. His cheap tunic was torn apart in the fight.

 

“Don’t worry. The onesie was designed for mobility in mind.” Chibi Cillian pointed at the onesie’s belt. “You can hang your remaining flasks there.”

 

Knowing that he couldn’t continue naked, Alexander reluctantly wore the costume.

 

“Try and move around,” Chibi Cillian gestured.

 

Surprisingly, the outfit was extremely comfortable. It can even keep up with him at max speed.

 

“Test out its active too,” Chibi Cillian giggled whilst Alexander dashed around.

 

Fireflies like light balls emerged from his onesie. They hovered around, lighting up the area around them. They remained in place even when Alexander moved.

 

“Don’t stand in the same place for too long. They will accumulate and blind your eyes.”

 

_ _ _

 

[Gitter]

 

  • [Description]: I am Fabulous

 

  • [Level]: Max

 

  • [Toggle]: Light balls will emerge at the user’s location. They will hover in place for 30 minutes.

 

  • [Cost]: 0.1 Mana/minute

 

_ _ _

 

Seeing that Alexander had familiarised himself with the outfit, Chibi Cillian gave him one last remark before disappearing.

 

“Use your free points. You will need it.”

 

Alexander noticed something was wrong. Chibi Cillian actually helped him.

 

He concluded that his next quest would be at least ten times harder.

 

Alexander decided to spend his free points.

 

+3 to Strength.

+6 to Agility.

+6 to Stamina.

 

_ _ _

 

[Name]: ???

 

[Species]: Ælf [Culture]: Neasdocs-Ælf

 

[Renown]: 50

[Level]: 2(50/200)

 

[Stats]: 11.9(10.9) Strength, 16.8(15.8) Agility, 12 Charm, 7(6) Endurance,  16.8(15.8) Stamina, 8 Intelligence, 3 Mana, 0 Faith 

 

[Traits]: Children of Neasdocs

 

[Affinity]: Normal Faith, Minor Single-handed Weapon

 

[Attainment]: Inspect

[Free points]: 0

 

_ _ _

 

As he clicked confirm, a rush of energy blasted out from his heart, enveloping the rest of Alexander’s body. He could feel that his body was improving to his new [Stats].

 

He reasoned that if the quest enemies are at least 10 times stronger. Endurance won’t do much for him. Agility and Stamina were more crucial.

 

He also noticed that Mana grew by itself, and he couldn’t edit it.

 

However, the arrival of the third quest soon broke his train of thoughts.

 

_ _ _

 

<Tutorial quest 3: The dead returns - In Progress>

 

<Description: You, the foolish and blind, somehow managed to defeat a group of ???-Undead. However, in your futile struggle, you drew the attention of someone you shouldn’t. Now you must fight him and try to survive.>

 

<Objective: Survive for 30 minutes in a fight against Anlaf the Defiant>

 

<Hint: Attacking will reduce the overall time>

 

<Rewards: 12 free points, Weapon Upgrade>

 

_ _ _

 

Before Alexander could plan out a strategy,

 

*BOOOM*

 

Something had landed near him.

0