Chapter 2.2 – A fight
12.8k 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            Luo Anhai lifted her eyebrows.   Seeing the little devil with an 'at your disposal' look on his face, her feelings improved inexplicably.  Touching her chin, she thought for a while. 

             "Never enter my room."

            "Ah….?"   Han Ding Rui was shocked and thought that her request was baffling.

            Luo Anhai tilted her chin and in a commanding tone said.  "Even if I am not around, you are not allowed to go in."   She did not want to see that scene again.

            "……Oh."   Han Ding Rui wanted to say he was not interested in her room but after thinking for a while, he still did not speak…….well, as long as she feels happy.

            "Also….."   Luo Anhai continued to state her conditions.  "You……"

            "Yo!  Look, who is here?"   Suddenly a voice floated across.  A few high school bullies were looking at them with malicious intent.  Correctly speaking, they were looking at Luo Anhai.

            Luo Anhai frowned and watched those devilish rogues impatiently.

            These bullies were from the nearby high school and they look down on the aristocrat school students.   Luo Anhai's name was famous and there was no one who did not know her.  

            "Isn't this the school beauty?  I did not expect good students would also skip classes.  How about we take you out for some excitement?"   The golden-haired hedgehog had a wretched smile on his face.  He looked at Luo Anhai from top to toe with a nauseous look as if she was not wearing clothes.

            Luo Anhai is very beautiful with mixed-blood facial features, delicate, pretty and the most charming is her proud arrogant appearance.  

            A lot of people wanted to make her cry and that image was enough to excite anyone.

            Han Ding Rui frowned, silently went to stand in front of Luo Anhai, blocking her from the bullies and faced them fearlessly.   Everyone was caught by surprise by his move.  Luo Anhai stared at the back of his head and the few bullies immediately started laughing.

            "This little devil wants to be a hero to rescue the beauty?   Ha…ha…  Go away or I'll beat you up!"  The hedgehog head roughly pushed him aside.  "Oh…."  Who would have known that Han Ding Rui would suddenly use his little leg to kick him on his shin and as a result, the hedgehog held his leg up shouting in pain?

            "That little devil, catch him!"   The hedgehog roared.

            The three bullies rushed towards Han Ding Rui but he did not run.  Instead, he charged towards the fat guy.

            Han Ding Rui humphed once and did not withdraw.  He opened his mouth then used force to bite down hard on the other person's arm.

            "Ah!"   The other person shouted in pain and threw Han Ding Rui off.

            Han Ding Rui fell to the ground and immediately got up on his feet.  "Run!"   He roared towards Luo Anhai and as if not afraid of death, he rushed towards the other bully.

            "Kill you, you stinky devil!"  The hedgehog impulsively took out a pocket knife from the pocket of his pants.  Angrily, he moved towards Han Ding Rui with the intention to stab him with the knife.   Suddenly, a stone flew and hit his head causing him to drop the knife to the ground.  He immediately used his hands to cover the right side of his wounded bloody head. 

            Luo Anhai quickly picked up the pocket knife and gave a hard kick on the lower body of the hedgehog.  As he leaned forward in pain, with his head bent down, Luo Anhai placed the pocket knife against his neck. 

            Her series of neat agile moves that were executed without a trace of hesitation or panic seemed like she had been trained before.  In the past, when she wanted to vent her anger, she had been to a martial arts school and played around for a short stint.  Her skill was not considered top-notch, but it was more than enough to defend herself from this type of bullies.  Although she did not receive any proper training, it did not prevent her from fighting back.

            "Everyone stop!"   She shouted, holding the pocket knife against the hedgehog's neck.  Using a little force, the sharp blade immediately cut through the skin and a bloody line began to appear, causing the hedgehog to shout loudly. 

            "Stop!  Everyone stop!"

            Hearing the voice of their boss, the hooligans immediately stopped their actions.

            "Kneel down!"   Luo Anhai looked at the hedgehog.  Staring at him as he knelt down trembling, she used the pocket knife to lift his chin and aimed at this throat.  She smiled.

            Once, she had even gone to a hotel alone to meet the underworld big boss to talk business and she did not even flinch.  

            Faced with this type of rogues that could not even match up with the gangsters that she had met up with previously, she could casually deal with these children.

            "How about this?  Isn't this more exciting?"

            The hedgehog head shivered at Luo Anhai's ruthlessness.  He had never thought that a daughter from an aristocrat family would be so vicious.  "Luo…..Miss Luo…I’m sorry.  I was wrong, please forgive me…."

            "Forgive you?  Okay."   Luo Anhai had a generous look on her face.  "Just now, did you use your right hand to hold the pocket knife?  Well then, break the bones of your right hand.  I will let you off."  She turned and looked at the fat guy and commanded.  "Hey, bring a stone and break your boss's right hand!"

            Everyone was scared by Luo Anhai and the hedgehog was so scared that his eyes turned moist.  God, this Luo Anhai is so terrifying!

            "Hey!  What are you doing?!"   The guards of the aristocrat school realized there was a commotion by the side of the school.  Thinking that their school student was being bullied, he immediately ran over.

            Luo Anhai glanced at the guards that were running towards them.  She threw the pocket knife over to the hedgehog head and said.   "And you, think before you act.  If you dare come to look for trouble again, I will cut off both your hands.  Scram!"

            "Yes, yes……"   Seeing that he had a lucky, timely escape, the hedgehog head quickly got up and ran off with his accomplices.

            Han Ding Rui had long stood up and his clothes were in a mess and dirty.  His face had patches of green and purple and his nose was bleeding.

            He silently wiped his mouth with his hands.

            "Are you all right?"   The guards ran up to them and saw Luo Anhai unharmed.  They were relieved because if anything had happened to Luo Anhai, they were sure to be dismissed.  Then they noticed that Han Ding Rui was covered with injuries.  "Little brother, are you all right?"

            "He will not die."   Luo Anhai answered for Han Ding Rui.  She turned and walked off.   As she walked past Han Ding Rui, she said.  "Do not overestimate yourself."

            After taking a few steps forward, she saw Han Ding Rui still had not moved and stared at him coldly.  "Why are you still standing there?  Follow up!"

            Han Ding Rui did not speak and silently followed behind her.

            Because Han Ding Rui was injured, Luo Anhai was given a good scolding from Luo Cheng He.

            If she did not skip her classes, she would not have encountered those bullies and Han Din Rui would not be injured because of her.  Luo Cheng He was angered by her behavior.

            She was confined to her room.  She was not allowed to take her dinner and was instructed to reflect on her own behavior.  After she had admitted that she had done wrong, only then will she be allowed to come out of her room.

            Luo Cheng He said that unless she admitted her mistake, she would not be allowed to go out.  She would not be allowed to even go to school.  That would also prevent her from causing more trouble outside.  As to her education, it was not a problem as the Luo Family had their own private tutor.

            Luo Anhai did not fight with Luo Cheng He nor argued with him like she normally did.  Instead, she quietly obeyed but did not apologize.

            This made Luo Cheng He angrier.  He felt that his daughter had changed her tactic to anger him and to disobey him.

            Luo Anhai was kept confined in her room.  She did not make any noise nor give any trouble.  She still had the interest to listen to music while taking her bath.  Wearing her blue long pajamas, with a towel to dry her wet hair, she lay on her bed holding a bolster. 

            She closed her eyes and not even ten minutes had passed, there was a gentle knock on her door.

            She opened her eyes, looked at the door and paused for ten seconds.  Then she got up from her bed and opened the door.

            Han Ding Rui was standing outside with a tray in his hands.  In the tray was a bowl of soup, a plate of creamy spaghetti and a glass of orange juice.

            Luo Anhai looked at the food and looked at him again.  The wound on his face had been treated.  The corner of his mouth was plastered with a plaster, his right eye was bruised and his left cheek was also swollen.

            As for his bodily injury, there was nothing left to be said.  She could smell the heavy medicinal alcohol that was used for bodily injuries coming from him.

            Seeing that she did not speak, Han Ding Rui said lightly.  "My mother secretly set aside these for you.  She told me to bring these to you when Uncle Luo is not aware."

            "Your mother is really showing her well-intentions."   She made every effort to please her.  Luo Anhai turned and sat on the small sofa in the room.  Seeing Han Ding Rui still standing at the door, she lifted her eyebrows.  "Why are you standing there?  Are you not coming in?"   Is he waiting for her to invite him to come in?

            "You said that I was not allowed to enter your room."   Han Ding Rui remembered the condition that she set.

            "….."   Luo Anhai secretly took a deep breath.  "Now, I 'allow' you to come in."

            After getting her permission, Han Ding Rui entered the room and put down the tray.

            Luo Anhai picked up the glass of orange juice and took a sip, enjoying the miserable look on Han Ding Rui's face.  "How does it feel like…..being a sandbag?"   The sarcasm of her words was obvious and definitely not hidden.

 

            Han Ding Rui looked at her.  "At least, you are not hurt."   He is a boy, not afraid to be beaten and boys should protect girls.

           

            Luo Anhai's hand holding the glass suddenly tightened.  She lifted her eyebrows and looked at him.  He looked as if he was laughing with a little ridicule and a little disdain.

 

            "Little devil, be less self-righteous.  I don’t  need you to protect me and definitely don’t need your boring, foolish heroic actions."

 

            Every word from Luo Anhai was thorny and people listening would feel uncomfortable.

 

            Han Ding Rui really did not know why she was so riled up with him and she was not comfortable with him.  He frowned and felt that he needed to explain.

 

            "I am not doing this only for you.  Even if it is a stranger, I will do the same."

 

            Listening to him, it made her angrier.  She pursed her lips and said.  "So, you like to act like a fool.  Then please, if you want to act the fool, don’t do it in front of me because it jabs my eyes!"

 

            Han Ding Rui felt that even if a person who has no temper when agitated by Luo Anhai would still feel angry.  Although with his mother's reminder, not to get angry with Luo Anhai and to like her, he found it extremely difficult.

 

            The normally good-tempered ten-year-old boy, as from yesterday, had quietly conditioned himself to withstand Luo Anhai's bad temperament, to ignore her and to be patient with her.

 

            But because he was only ten years old, no matter how he was only a child and to be constantly ridiculed, he could not help but impulsively blurted out his opinion.

 

            "I do not know why you are so angry.  I know I definitely saved you……although you don’t seem to need me to save you."   Facing the boring Han Ding Rui, she was impressed.   "Even if you are very powerful, there were four boys and I don’t think you can handle all of them.  I really felt that when I told you to run, you should have run and called the school guards to come and help, rather than fight them on your own.  It was a dangerous act."   He could not help saying.

 

            "Han Ding Rui!  I don’t need you to lecture me!"  She had enough of Luo Cheng He's scolding and now do not need any more from the little devil.  Besides, who does he think he is?  Why did he use this tone with her?

 

            "I am not lecturing you.  I just thought that you should be careful and protect yourself."

            "I don’t need you to worry about me."   Luo Anhai impatiently interrupted his words.  "Little devil, you just take care of yourself.  Even if I am in danger, I don’t need you to save me.  You are only a little devil, what can you do?  Look at yourself now.  If I had not saved you, do you think your injuries would only be like this?"

 

            She lowered her eyes and clasped the glass in her hands.

 

            "In my eyes, you are stupid.  I will not be grateful to you.  Just think that you overestimated yourself and consider yourself so stupid that I am unable to help you.  I have finished talking.  You can go now."   She was chasing him out of her room impolitely.

 

            Han Ding Rui really felt Luo Anhai was unreasonable.  He did not want to stay here any longer to endure her humiliation and immediately turned to leave.  When he reached the door, without turning his head, he said.  "I finally understand why so many people hate you."

 

            After finishing his words, he left the room and shut the door.  Luo Anhai silently looked at the hands holding the orange juice.  Her ears still ringing with his last words and her brain flashed with those scenes.

 

            At that time, she had stood coldly at the side and looked at the little devil.  He did not care for himself and tried to protect her.  He was beaten up so miserably, but still got up and also told her to run.

 

            Stupid……how was he able to fight against those bullies?

 

            Stupid enough to make her angry!

 

            Just like that time, when she was floating in the air…….she felt so angry with his foolishness…….so angry with his stupidity.

 

            That kind of pain made her heart overflowed with fear so much so that she could no longer face him calmly........even if he is only ten years old.

 

            She wanted to make him hate her.  So that he would not be so stupid……so silly……and he would not make her feel so angry.

 

            She wanted to make him hate her.  In this way, she would not have to feel that kind of pain……  She hated the feeling of heartache.

 

            So, let him hate her……….

11