Ch. 1 Arrival
21 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was all dark. I couldn’t move my body nor feel it. 

The last thing I remember was me walking to work and then… and then… I think I just fell into the ground. 

My mother fell extremely ill. And since I’m an only child, I had to pay for our food, bills, and most importantly, my mothers medical bills. 

I must have worked myself to death. I just hope my mother can get better and continue to live her life. 

Is this what it’s like in the afterlife? This feels like sleep paralysis, only worse. 

But as time went by, I started to feel something. Not my body but movement. A lot of movement. If you have ever been in a plane, that’s somewhat how it feels but very rough. 

I still couldn’t see anything, but I knew that I was moving at high speeds. 

My memory is all blurry, I don’t even think I remember what my name is, or was. 

Most people back when I was alive believed that when you die you go to heaven or something like that. Is this what they meant? It doesn’t seem like a nice ‘heaven’ to me. Am I going to stay like this forever? 

As if someone or something read my mind, the movement stopped with a forceful bang. 

I couldn’t hear anything, but I could feel the impact. I think I hit something? If I did, what was it? 

Everything was still dark, and I still couldn’t move my body. But just as I thought about what was going on, something appeared in front of me, and I could hear a robotic voice. 

Loading…

What’s with all of this loading? This much thinking would give me a massive headache, but I couldn’t feel anything at the moment. 

Loading vision… denied. 

Reloading Vision…

Successful. 

Loading…

Light engulfed around me. There was no more darkness and I could hear faint echoey voices. 

When my vision adjusted, it was still a bit blurry. I couldn’t move, it was like I was stuck. And I was, but it was a huge clear crystal surrounding me. 

Loading complete

Welcome Host.

The message moved to the corner of my vision and faded like it was never there. 

I could see what looked like people in front of me. Their figures looked disoriented a little bit because of whatever I’m in. So I couldn’t see what they looked like. 

There was mumbling, but I couldn’t make out what they were saying. 

I mostly heard a man and a women talking, he sounded like that one dude from a movie, a policeman or something. 

Let not worry about them right now. Meanwhile, what were those texts right in front of me earlier? And who was talking to me? It was most likely a computer of some sort. At least that’s what it sounded like. The robot voice reminded me of Siri or Alexa from earth. 

I could start to feel my body a little better. Maybe I should try getting out of here? But how would I do that? I think I will just have to wait for something to happen. There’s no way I can get out of here by myself. Right?

The man that was talking made hand gestures. What were these people doing? 

Another message appeared in the corner of my vision. 

Energy has recovered, host has enough energy to break free. 

Energy? This means I can get out of this thing? I mean I could really stretch right now. And now I could feel my limbs. 

Alright weird robot thing, let’s do it. I’ve been in this thing for far to long already.

————————————————————

Feyra’s POV: 

It was a normal day here in Samaria. I was currently running with my squad outside of the buildings main building. 

Our commander ordered us to go outside where the normal daily training sessions happen. 

I wonder what we are going to learn today. Especially since the commander himself is coming to help us train this time.

The commander is one of the strongest people I have ever met, and he’s most likely one of the strongest in the entire Organization. 

Not even my squad could beat him. And we were pretty strong together. 

We have a total of five people in our group. First is Elora, she is our healer. 

She’s pretty powerful with her magic, but lacks strength and agility. 

Elora has blond hair that goes to her waist. But most the time she does something with it like put it in a bun. 

She has a big staff that looks like a simple branch from a tree. But it has a large ruby at the top of it surrounded by crystals. 

Elora usually wears a nice white dress with cool yellow designs around it. And to top it all off, she has a pair of simple boots that match her dress. 

She was prettier than most girls her age. Elora just turned 17 about a month ago. We all celebrated with a nice meal. 

Next, we have Magnius. His main weapon is a sword, just like me. He has brown/red hair and wears a dark green shirt, some black pants, and boots. 

Magnius can be really quiet at times, which is odd for someone like him. Usually when he starts talking he won’t stop. He is 17, just like Elora.

Next is Ren, he’s the leader of our group. He’s also the strongest one in our group, so nobody messes with him. 

Hee a very muscular man. You could see his muscles through his red shirt easily. Sometimes I’m jealous about it.

Ren and Magnius both have similar outfits. Only different colors. Ren’s colors are red and dark brown. His hair is also surprisingly red. Magnius usually wears green and black. 

I’ve always disliked Ren, although he is our leader and our strongest member. He has a terrible personality.

If he saw a child starving and begging for food, he would most likely make fun of that child or even beat them. I wouldn’t be able to do anything about it. 

And then there is Theo. Him and Ren are basically best friends. Although Theo is weaker than Ren, they respect each other.

Theo would do the same thing Ren would do to a starving child. So I dislike him too. 

I try not to show my hate, but sometimes they can go too far. 

Theo wears brown pants with a dark grey shirt. But I’m not going to say very much about him. Only that his main weapon is his spear. 

And lastly, is me. 

My name is Feyra, but most people call me Fey. I’m the weakest out of the group. 

Ren and Theo absolutely hate me, but they are forced to tolerate me. 

I always have daggers with me, they are also what I use in combat. 

I wear a Greg shirt with black shorts. And I have black hair that’s not as long as Elora’s. But it still a good length. 

“Fey, get your ass moving!” Ren shouted.

Theo giggled while running next to him. I didn’t say anything in return, but I did speed up. I like to lay low around people. Especially Ren.

Flora eyed me and also ran at a quicker pace. It’s not that Flora didn’t like me. In fact, we were pretty chill with each other. She just doesn’t like it when Ren gets angry. 

In a short amount of time, we reached the training arena outside. 

Our commander was waiting patiently, looking out into the forest. 

The organization building is at the edge of the city outside the walls. The King doesn’t like what we do, but he tolerates us. 

The organization promised the king protection, only if he let us stay within the country. Since the king wanted more protection for not only himself but his country, he allowed it. And that was the start of the organization, at least that’s what I have been told. 

“You are two minutes and twenty one seconds late, are you asking for more work?” The commander glanced back at Ren with a cold glare. This sent shivers down our spines.

“No sir.” Ren replied proudly.

We could easily see how terrified he really was. 

“Good, start with twenty one laps around the arena. Each time you slow down, I will add another five laps.”

Nobody likes the commander. We don’t respect him out of kindness, we respect him out of fear. He could easily kill any one of us within seconds.

This is another reason why the king tolerates us, out of fear. One day, I pray to whatever divine beings there are to soon put an end to this organization.

You’re probably wondering, if you don’t like this hell whole then why are you there? The answer is simple, force. 

I never wanted to work here. I had a family like everyone else, but after a few years of my life in peace. They came and took me, killing my family and entire village. 

It wasn’t just me who was taken, there were hundreds of children. The king did nothing about it. If he did, he would most likely be killed by the organization. And with how powerful they are now, they most likely have more power than the church. 

I was pretty used to running long distances, so this wasn’t really a problem for me. 

However, just when we were almost done with our laps. We spotted something in the sky, something burning. It looked like some kind of rock or something from space. 

Whatever it is, it was falling very fast and was heading our way. 

“Stop running and evacuate. Now!” The commander sensed danger, but it was too late. 

The strange object reached land, landing right in front of us. There was a huge gust of wind that almost blew us away. 

“Formation B!” My group and I didn’t hesitate to follow orders and quickly lined up while drawing our weapons. 

The strange object didn’t look like a type of rock or metal, it looked like ice or a big clear crystal. 

But what caught my attention the most was what was inside it. It looked like a man, but I couldn’t clearly see what it was. 

The commander armed himself with his sword and slowly started walking to the strange object. A large group of armed soldiers came rushing to the scene. 

“Sir! Are you alright?” 

Ursa, second in command, came in rushing to the commander with a group of highly trained soldiers. 

“Ursa! It’s been awhile my friend! Quickly get Mr. Hampton.”

Our commander and Ursa are both friends. Most likely because they were both pretty powerful. Ursa was not as strict as our commander, but we still did not want to get on her bad side. You can definitely tell she stands out with her long red hair and black outfit. 

“I have already contacted him and he is on his way. Anyone could see whatever that was from miles away. Even the king will most likely send someone out here to investigate. That old geezer is always on his toes.”

The commander let out a laugh. They both hated the king, thinking that the organization should have all the power.

I didn’t take my eyes off of whatever was inside the weird object. For all I knew, it could be some type of alien. 

By the way, if you are wondering what our organization is and what we do. The answer is, control.

Everyone knows that our ‘leader’ took advantage of the kings power and tricked him. 

You see, Mr. Hampton, the leader of the organization, was once great friends with the king. But one day, Hampton wanted more power. The power of a god. So he created a cult.

With multiple other people, they convinced the king to let them create some type of company. The king didn’t see an issue with his request, so he happily helped his friend. 

But when Hampton got what he wanted, along with multiple funds. He secretly started training soldiers of his own. And then the organization slowly started developing. 

They started kidnapping children and assassinating their enemies. Each day they grow stronger. All of the soldiers started leveling up their stats. And the most important part, Hampton became the strongest. 

He farmed tons of monsters and gained so much exp. Nobody knows what level he’s on. But there have been rumors saying he holds the power of a dragon to this day. Everyone calls us, The Delta Organization. 

As we were all standing in silence, cracks could be seen forming on the object. We all took a few steps back. The cracks began to multiply. And eventually, the abject shattered. 

Another gust of wind attacked us. I had to shield my head with one of my arms. 

All of the dust and dirt around us was taken by the wind. We could no longer see anything as all the dust particles began to settle. But when everything cleared, what I saw could be described. 

Was it just metal? No, this looked way to advanced. It was a man, in some kind of armor? But he wasn’t standing, in fact it looked like he fell on his face. 

“Don’t let your guard down!”

Ursa ordered as she gripped her spear. 

I still didn’t take my eyes off of whatever this thing is. I could feel sweat on my forehead. Ren and the others stayed close to each other. 

Just what is this thing?!






1