Prologue: Of Bombs and Boons
49 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So as I was saying, you really should take some more time off!"  

"I know James," Ken said, "Which is why I'm actually taking a few weeks off anyway, so spend your nagging on someone else who cares."

James replied back, "Good! I don't know why you don't go out and do anything fun, I rarely see you even smile at work, I can't imagine what you do at home. Do you even have any other friends then me?"

"I totally do, I just never talk about them." Ken responded, which was a lie, the only friend he could say he even had was the stray cat that wandered around his apartment, and even then that cat did what it wanted without any care of Ken's attempted petting.

"Uh huh, I completely believe that. Since you are taking some time off I have a few things you could go to, events to get you out of the house if you're interested." James said sarcastically.

"I have my own stuff planned, I'll see you in two weeks though. Bye." Ken, cut his coworker off and shut down his phone. He had planned a calm two weeks to binge watch movies and shows in the comfort of his living room. Who cares what james thought about Ken's idea of fun. Ken knew what he liked.

Someone checked him as they ran by, and by someone like a mob of people running and not in the 'exercise' type of way. Looking up Ken noticed what they were running from, A figure in a black hoodie with bombs strapped to his waist. Ken, like a normal human being, joined the crowd and ran too, though Ken was too slow to save himself.

With a blast of hot air behind him, and a tumble, Ken lastly thought to himself. "Who's body is that? The explosion wasn't close enough for that much damage to happen to someone." Before his thoughts faded.

 

===========================================

 

Ken awakened to the sound of wind in his ears, and the faint ringing of an alarm. Opening his eyes he saw two things, one of which made him nearly pass out again. He was falling, like straight diving into a heavily forested grove. Ken quickly spread his arms and legs to try and slow his fall, grasping at straws trying to figure out how to stop. The alarm in his head quickly annoying him.

"Stop ringing! I'm going to die and I do not want to be mad about it!" He screamed through the wind. 

[9 Pending Notifications, Would you like to Inspect?]

Ken's mind froze for roughly half a second. "Yes!! Anything that can help me survive please!!!"

[Listing Based on Request...
You have died

??? Laughs at your Death
??? Grants User System Package Special
System Installed
Status Available
Free Talent Available
Free Curse Available

WARNING: User is approaching maximum velocity, Advised to slow down
WARNING: Collision at this speed will be detrimental to the Users health
]

Ken looked at the notifications in brief shock, but due to the imminent death approaching him he grasped at the straws he saw. "Open Status!" he yelled.

Status

VP: 100%

MP: N/A

Talents (1 available)

Curses (1 available)

"Uuuuhhh, Open Talents?!" Ken yelled.

Talents:
Flight
Fel Language
Nature Sense

"Flight!!! I choose flight!." Ken chose. "Fly please?!!"

Flight Chosen, Broomstick/Staff Required for Flight.

"Oh goddamnit!!" Ken cried. "Open Curses!"

Curses (WARNING - Curses are Applied to the User. Great power comes with even greater side effects):
Damage Resistance(Hidden)
Mixed Species Transformation(Hidden)
Spirit Transaction(Hidden)

With no other option Ken chose to take damage resistance, since it might be the only one that might make him survive this fall. Flailing wildly to try and slow his fall, he orients, aiming to land feet first. With a sudden horrible burning on both of his legs Ken screamed, the wind cutting off his yells through the air. With a crash Ken slams into the trees but barely notices it from the pain in his legs. He hit the ground, unconscious from the pain.  

It's a prologue so I don't care if it's short right now.

2