Chapter 6
414 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"DAMN YOU EVIL UCHIHA!! I WILL DEFINITELY KILL ALL OF—"

*Gasp*

Rias suddenly gasped as she jumped from her bed while covered in cold sweat.

"Haah! Haah!"

She was breathing heavily as her eyes trembled from the nightmare she just experienced.

"A-Again… tonight too…"

After she calmed down, she muttered that with a quivered voice as curled up while sitting in her bed.

"..."

Then she pressed her chest tightly against her knees.

"I-It must be that guy's memories."

It's already been two days since she won her rating game against Riser. Even now, she still can't believe that the problem that haunted her for almost all her life was resolved just like that. The fact that she doesn't remember anything about how she defeated him didn't help either. But she already knows the culprit who took control of her body and the one that literally beat the shit out of Riser.

"But where did he go?"

However, the man who called himself Madara somehow disappeared without saying a word. She wanted to at least thank him for his help but the man just wouldn't show himself for some reason.

"Uhum! Madara… san? Are you in umm… i-inside of me?"

Rias felt awkward saying that last part, but even then Madara still wouldn't respond to her at all.

'Don't tell me.. He's ignoring me?!'

A thought suddenly flashed in her mind and then she immediately became annoyed.

"Hmph!"

Rias grumbled and then looked at the night's purple sky outside of the window. She and her perage are currently staying in the Gremory household because Grayfia was being the usual pain of the ass. She forced them to stay here for a week so that she could learn how to manage the household and the Gremory's estate.

"Ugh, gotta go back to sleep… I still have to wake up early to learn that boring stuff."

Rias then yawned and quickly went back to sleep.

"..."

Rias didn't notice it, but all this time someone was constantly observing her ever since she returned from the rating game. Even now he was currently leaning silently against the wall in a corner of the room. It was her brother Sirzechs Lucifer, he had a frown on his face as he crossed his arms in front of him.

"...Madara?"

After 39 hours of continuous monitoring, he finally got a lead about what happened to Rias. He of course interrogated her as soon as they got to the mansion, but his precious Ria just wouldn't spill the beans and just kept suturing as she denied everything about how she doesn't remember anything and whatnot.

Of course, no one believed her obvious lies so he was forced to monitor her all the time while constantly maintaining all sorts of advanced detective magic spells that he used in the civil war and in the past.

At least, he now confirmed that no one was forcing Rias to stay silent. So her refusing to speak must be because of her own decision.

There was still the possibility that someone threatened her beforehand. But that was highly unlikely since he knew that Rias would absolutely tell her almighty brother no matter the one who dared to threaten her.

Madara… Sirzechs would remember that name.

For now, as the leader of the underworld… he cannot postpone his duties anymore than this. So he reluctantly decided to leave Ria's side and hopefully she would one day tell him the whole story.

"Sleep well, Rias."

Sirzechs went and stroked his sister's head one last time before he invoked a teleportation magic circle and disappeared from the room.

-------------------------------------------------

After Maou-Lucifer's presence was completely gone, Rias slowly opened her eyes.

"..."

However instead of the beautiful blue eyes that anyone would expect, right now they were in the shape of slitted purple like the ones you would see in a reptile creature.

Rias just stared blankly at the ceiling as she blinked once… twice… thrice and then her eyes transformed yet again to a dark colour.

As soon as her eyes took on the obsidian-like colour, Rias immediately lifted her hands and then she made some kind of hand signs as she muttered calmly.

"Doton: Dochū Eigyo no Jutsu" (Earth Release: Underground Projection)

After she said those words, her body slowly started sinking through the bed and then also through the floor until she found herself in the storage room below.

*Tap*

She landed skillfully from the ceiling and then without wasting any second her hands blurred again.

"Mokuton: Moku Bunshin no Jutsu" (Wood Style: Wood Clone Jutsu)

4 human-like wooden dolls suddenly spurted from all over her body as each one landed on a certain corner of the room. The wooden dolls then quickly changed their appearance and took the shape of 4 different staff of the mansion. They were a Maid, a male Gardener, a male Guard, and a female civil servant respectively.

"Go"

*Swish*

Madara, who was controlling Rias's body, only said one word, and then the 4 clones all disappeared at the same time. They will silently take the lives of their respective target and then erase their corpses to take on their identities. And considering this mansion's security levels…

Well, It was insulting to even call it 'child's play' to the legendary leader of the Uchiha clan.

"This world is ridiculous…"

Madara at first planned to take it slowly and just stay hidden for the time being. Letting the brat do her thing and only intervene when necessary. It was so that he could thoroughly study this world while also trying to find his purpose. Also, considering his current body's longevity… he might as well take a few centuries doing just that.

However, a random powerhouse completely blew his leisure to smithereens.

Rare creatures like that oversized lizard were one thing... but species that numbers in the millions are ANOTHER thing entirely.

Madara could still vividly remember the terrifying amount of demonic energy barely hidden in that man's body.

Contrary to what many people might believe, Madara was not a man blinded by his own power.

'If a random member of the devil race with a somewhat special lineage to their origin could have that much potential…'

Madara smirked as he looked at his trembling feminine hand with uncontainable excitement.

*Smirk*

And also… just a tiny little bit of uncertainty.

An emotion that he never thought he would ever feel again in his life.

-------------------------------------------------

The next morning.

"Ojou-sama"

"Unnn~ another five minutes akeno…"

"Ojou-sama… please wake up, it's morning already."

Rias was sleeping soundly as a maid was trying to wake her up.

"..."

However, Rias was showing no sign of waking up. So seeing that, the maid's eyes suddenly turned cold.

"This damn brat…"

Just when the 'maid' was about to use a very effective and 'special' method to wake up her lazy lady, someone else unceremoniously barged into the room.

"!"

The 'maid' immediately retracted her hand as her eyes quickly turned to normal. Even her shoulders trembled to make it seem like she was surprised.

"?"

The woman who entered also quickly noticed the maid as she approached her with a questioning look on her face.

"...you are?"

Grayfia asked the suspicious fellow maid that was standing right beside Rias's bed.

As far as she knows, excluding lord Zeoticus Gremory and lady Venelana Gremory. She was the only one allowed to personally wake up the family members of the Gremory household.

"Goodmornıng Grayfia-san, I hope you're doing well."

The maid greeted Grayfia with a simple node like she always did. Grayfia nodded back as she looked the maid over from top to bottom. She was a typical beautiful devil woman with long black-pony tailed hair and dark eyes who was wearing the same maid outfit as herself.

She is one of the many trusted maids in the mansion, if Grayfia remembers correctly her name should be Narberal and she served the Gremory household even longer than herself. So theoretically it could be said she has more authority than her. However…

"What are you doing here? You are not allowed to enter Rias-sama's bedroom without exclusive permission."

Grayfia berated the maid with a cold expression while demanding an explanation. Grayfia might be a maid, but she was also the legal wife of the oldest son of lord Gremory and not to mention she was also the Strongest Queen and the Silver-Haired Queen of Annihilation. A commoner devil maid like Narberal simply does not have a chance to compete with her.

"Oh my! It seems you weren't informed yet."

Narberal was 'surprised' at first and then put a hand in front of her mouth as she exclaimed in realisation. Grayfia frowned as she furrowed her brows in confusion. Narberal noticed her expression as she proceeded to take an expensive-looking paper from her outfit and gave it to Grayfia.

"Starting from today, the Gremory's management department decided to appoint me as Rias-sama's personal maid."

"What?"

Grayfia's eyes widened as she quickly scanned the legal paper in her hands while listening to Narberal 's words.

"Since Rias-sama's has cancelled her marriage contract with the Phoenix's heir. It has been decided that it would not be appropriate to leave the future head of the Gremory's household without at least some personal servants ready to serve her at all times."

"..."

Grayfia couldn't believe what she was hearing as she read the paper many times over just to make sure that what the maid was saying was authentic. And it was indeed authentic as she could even feel the wavelengths of the magical stamp at the bottom that clearly belonged to the Gremory's management department.

"Oh right, I believe soon there will also be a personal guard too. Right now a tournament will be held among the Gremory's guards to find the strongest candidate that will have the privilege to be Rias-sama's personal guard."

Grayfia was speechless as she could only stutter.

"I-I see."

Grayfia reluctantly gave the paper back to Narberal and was about to wake up Rias when suddenly Narberal grabbed her hand with a small smile on her face.

"Ah, from now on you don't have to trouble yourself with Rias-sama. As her personal maid, it is my duty to attend to all her needs at all times. So you can just leave her to me and focus on helping Sirzechs-sama and Millicas-sama."

*Flinch*

Grayfia flinched as she awkwardly retracted her hand.

"O-Oh, I understand."

"My~ aren't you happy to spend more time with your family starting from today?"

Narberal said as she chuckled in amusement.

"..."

Hearing her 'kind' words, Grayfia couldn't help smiling back at her.

"...Yeah, I guess you're right."

And Madara who was in the mindscape closely watching his clones utter success in infiltrating the Gremory household rolled his eyes in contempt. It seems he would need to start by strengthening the laughable security protocols in the mansion first.

-------------------------------------------------

Feedback would be appreciated.

Narberal's visual model >> Narberal Gamma from Overlord

14