Chapter 1: Waking Up
49 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alexandria! Hurry and wake up, you're going to be late for school"

Laying in bed upstairs a fifteen year old girl with blond hair, awakens with a start after hearing her mother shout from downstairs.

Yawning she thinks to herself. 'Only a month to go, before I graduate and can finally start Tallitopia college. I can't wait!'

Although only fifteen years of age, she has managed to skip a couple grades. Studiously acing her tests, in hopes of getting into the best magical college around so that some day she can possibly travel the stars further than anyone has before. As she dreams of being the first astronaut to leave the solar system.

Although the technology as of yet does not exist, she hopes with steadily increase in magical and current technology, that it will be become possible.

After getting dressed, in a plain white shirt, and a pair of black pants, Alexis runs downstairs and sees a lady in the kitchen with blond hair, who is about half a foot taller than her, but also with one plastic leg, standing by the kitchen stove.

"Hey mom, is breakfast ready yet? Where's dad, did he already leave for work?" She sits at the table after grabbing her backpack by the stairs, and placing it beside the door.

As she finishes seating herself a tall man with brown hair walks in, looks at her and says "Silly aren't you going to give your dad a hug before I go in for work" while munching on a piece of toast.

"Dad I'm not ten anymore" she says, although she still reaches out her arms so her father can give her a hug as he makes his way towards her mother.

"OK sweet heart it's eggs and toast, eat up and finish getting ready." Her mother says as she gives her father a kiss before he heads towards the door.

"See ya dad, hopefully everyone buys some insurance today" Alexis shouts to her father as he walks out the door.

She then quickly eats her breakfast, puts on her backpack, and runs out the door to her bike to ride to school.

While riding towards school she sees the hustle and bustle of all the other people heading to work, or school. Some walking, some driving. Even a few going on wind-propelled floating skateboards also known as flowboards, every once in a while she even sees a powerful mage who is capable of flight flying above everyone.

She finally comes up on her school, Dotorro High, after making her way through the gate and locking her bike up at the bike racks. She makes her way through the school towards her first class of the day, she runs into a young boy with blonde hair, wearing clear glasses, Jim Daltrino, an acquaintance she's known since she started attending high school.

"Hey Alexis, you ready for the test this Friday? I'll be glad to help you study if not" He asks while looking over with doe like eyes.

"No thanks, it's just on common uses of fire magic, no big deal" Saying such she continues on her way to class, but as soon as she turns into the hallway her class is in, she sees a girl with blue hair, wearing a pink shirt, with a black skirt standing in the hallway.

"Oh, hey Alexis" Connie Fortwheel says while staring at her condescendingly.

"You think you will hold the best scores in our grade after the pre-finals next week still, then think again, I have the best tutor in all of Hondo Fairy city, hope your ready to lose first place." She laughs.

Smirking Alexis walks by her into the class room. 'Heh she really must be dumb if she thinks just hiring a tutor is going to help her beat me'.

Sitting down at her desk, she sees there are still five more minutes before class begins, as she looks around, she notices the teacher Mr. Henry flipping through a book, while appearing to be writing down notes.

'Guess he's making some last minute checkups on his lectures' She thinks while opening up her fire magic book, and doing some last minute studying of her own. But after only a few minutes of studying she smiles confidently, takes out her phone and texts her mother that she'd made it to school safely, and she would be home a few hours after school once she got off from her part time job.

[ring ding ding] A bell sound goes off as classes officially start.

"OK everyone today we'll be having a short test before the big testing session starts next week, all about the uses of fire magic, so I hope you have been paying attention this month." The teacher then starts writing some problems on the blackboard. "Before we start we'll have a little study session, so if anyone fails this test it's gonna be quite the hot remedial session I give you afterwards OK DOKIE!" He chuckles.

"First question, how many elements of fire magic does it take usually to form a tier I magic ring?"

Raising his hand from the front row, a boy wearing glasses, with a pencil in his hand, Steward Leroy. The class representative.

"OK, go ahead Steward"

"Yes, the typical number of magical elements required to form a magical ring of fire within a tier I mage actually varies greatly, but if you were to go by their grades of low-med-high, then a low grade fire mage would likely form theirs from 200-1000 elements, med grade 2,000-5,000, and high grade would be above 10,000. Of course there are rumors that some of the strongest mages of today have formed theirs at a grade that exceeds high grade, but those are just rumors since nothing has been proven"

"Mmm, very good Steward, you've obviously been paying attention, although we can not say for sure about those supreme mages and whether or not they have formed rings above high grade, but magic still being relatively new, I am sure there is still yet much we do not know, who knows there may be the grade above high grade, and perhaps a grade even higher than that, enough speculation though"

"Based off that answer about grades, if a water mage used a same tier spell with a med grade ring, against a fire mage with a high grade ring, who would be most likely to come out victorious, and why? Someone else this time" Mr. Henry says while looking at Stewards raised hand.

After twenty more minutes of review questions, the test finally began.

Once done with class, and acing the test as always, Alexis makes her way to her botany class.

In the botany classroom, the ceiling is all clear plastic, and many benches are spread out throughout the room, all with sprouts and some full grown plants intermixed on the desks. Making her way to the furthest corner, Alexis sees three plants on her desk, two of which are sprouts, and one that is like an eggplant growing out of the dirt, but with a red tulip shaped flower growing out of the top of it.

She touches the red flower, while spraying the bulbous eggplant part with a spray bottle she grabs from her backpack. 'My Blood Tulip is growing well, maybe this can help dads bad health.' While pondering about the effects of her plant, the rest of the students make there way in going to there desks as well.

Coming in afterwards, Mrs. Heartright "OK class, today you'll continue growing your plants, and update your analysis sheet with all your observations. The finals will be due in a few weeks, work hard" After her announcement, she leaves.

After finishing taking care of her plants, Alexis updates the analysis sheet, and heads to her next class.

 

Author Thoughts
'Hello everyone, this is my first ever book written. I started it late last year, but have only recently had plenty of time working on it. I aim to release about a chapter a week here and on a few other sites, royalroad, webnovel, and wattpad. All constructive criticism is welcome, I appreciate advise that helps me improve, thanks. :) Enjoy the story. 8)'

2