Chapter 6: Pre-Finals Cont.
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the first part of the magical theory pre-finals completed, Alexis knew pretty much what to expect for today, and was confident in finishing the rest of it without a problem.

Arriving at school, Alexis makes her way to her desk.

Jim looks over and waves.

Then Mr. Henry walks into the room. While day dreaming about becoming the best virtual baseball player. Smacking that ball all the way out of the left field.

But then the sun shines in his eyes, and his daydream disappears as he gets a stunning glare from the sun.

Remembering what he was doing, he looks around class, claps his hand together, and says to the class "Just like yesterday class, today we'll be studying first thing, take out your notes, and direct your attention to the poster above the window on your left".

Glancing to the left, Alexis sees a poster with different rune shapes depicted on it with a description next to each one.

"Now who can tell me what is represented on that poster?"

Seeing Steward raise his hand, Mr. Henry points at him and says "Go ahead Steward".

"From what I can see, this poster is describing some of the different kind of runes we have in use today like flow runes that can help control the output of elements going into a spell."

Raising his hand, Mr. Henry says "OK stop there, Cassandra you describe the next rune shown on the poster".

"Uhh, like , ummm can I have a hint?" Cassandra looks at the poster and says sounding baffled.

"Think of something that makes you stronger." Says Mr. Henry

"Uhh Oh yea, attack runes right?"

"Yep, and what are they used for?"

"To attack? or uhh no make you stronger."

Sighing Mr. Henry says "Yes but in what way, does anyone want to help out?"

Clearing his throat, Steward speaks up. "Some of the primary ways attack runes work are to increase the velocity of the spell, or increase the mass of the spell by absorbing the elements around the caster to add to the spell after casting. The next rune shape depicts utility runes which are usually used to add additional effects to spells, like tracing, or sometimes even freezing effects and such."

Mr. Henry raises his hand once again saying "OK that's enough someone else explain the last rune and what it is".

Jim raises his hand and starts talking "So the last rune shape is showing defense runes, which I know are usually used in rune equipment to make them tougher when you inject certain elements in it. Some other uses are I believe you can make your spells even more sturdy, but a lot of times when trying to add runes directly to spells, the results are not very good like adding the earth element to a fireball to try n make it hit harder ends up just fizzing out the fire before it goes anywhere ruining the entire spell. But then some people have managed to make it work, like water bullets with ice tips using def runes, insane right, but that tier IV mage Danny Blizz showed last year on their ArcaniumNow account a video of them doing it, and how."

Sometime later the test begins.

After everyone finishes with their tests, class is dismissed, and Alexis heads out the door. But when rounding the corner she sees Connie.

Walking up to Alexis with a big grin on her face, Connie blocks the path with her arm, and says to Alexis "Hey, hope you did your best on the pre-finals so when you lose in the finals at least you have one thing left to brag about." She laughs.

Walking around Connie, Alexis stops at Connie's side, and tells her "Uhh unlike you I don't need to brag, and you best not get your hopes up for the finals, because just like how I'm sure I aced this pre-finals, I'll also ace the finals, even the practical magic portion. Besides weren't you like 5th or something in our grade last year, why don't you go talk to the 4th place person, don't set your sights higher than your dads wallet can handle."

Continuing passed Connie who is glaring at her, Alexis makes her way towards home on her bike.

Before heading to bed, Alice reminds her that she's supposed to hangout with Sasha this weekend.

After a night of good rest, Alexis learns from her mother that Sasha will be waiting for her at the café down the street.

Arriving at the café, Sasha waves her over while eating a cheese bagel.

"Hey I see you got my message, sorry to start before you, I was hungry" She says, before sticking her tongue out.

Asking for bagel and cup of tea as well from the nearby waitress, Alexis takes a seat.

"No worries, Mom said you were talking about going shopping though?"

Wondering where exactly her neighbor wants to go shopping, Alexis patiently waits for her food to be brought over.

Placing her bagel down and nodding at Alexis.

"Yea, I've heard a lot of good things about this bazaar near the center of the city, usually I wouldn't bother going there, but after that lightning hawk appeared recently a lot of people have been staying inside, so it seems the perfect chance to go and check it out, you wanna come with me?"

'Oh that lightning hawk seems to have brought some advantages then.'

Distracted with her thoughts about when the hawk passed by as she was heading to her job, she takes a moment to answer until the waitress interrupts her from her reverie with her food and drink.

While unwrapping her bagel, Alexis looks over at Sasha and says "Sure, I'd hate to miss this chance to get in there while it's less crowded, a bazaar you say though, have you heard what they usually sell over there?"

'If they have any rune gear that'd be great to check out'

Rune gear although common is usually sold for high price.

"A couple of my friends have been there, they told me they pretty much have anything you could imagine, all kinds of books, and clips of strong tier IV mages explaining their insights. One of them even managed to buy a tier II wrist guard from the Barrelium institute though it was used from 8 years ago." responds Sasha

"Sounds like everything would be expensive huh." Alexis states.

'Even a used one would be to expensive, hopefully there's some useful books that aren't to expensive I only have around 500 saved up' Alexis ponders to herself.

Staring at her watch for a few seconds, Sasha finishes her food up and then looks over at Alexis again.

"Mmm, but it'll be fun to see all the kewl stuff even if we can't buy it, and who knows maybe we'll get lucky with a killer deal or two. C'mon let's get going before we miss the bus."

Leaving the money for her food on the table, Sasha hurries out the door.

Seeing her run off, Alexis also drops the money for her food on the table, crams the bagel in her mouth, and keeps the tea in her hand as she follows out the door.

1