Prologue
501 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even with the Corona-virus frenzy spread throughout the world, life continues to go on. And I was tired of waiting for my trip. I had been dreaming and thinking of this for decades, and wasn’t going to risk not being able to visit in the future. I had the virus, survived it easily, and was now cleared and immune to the current strain of the virus, didn’t have a job, wasn’t a student, had no responsibilities whatsoever….. In other words I was a NEET with nothing stopping me but the size of my bank account, so I left.

The flights to get there were long, tedious, and not very good for getting any rest, so when I came off the plane I was tired and not in the best frame of mind. However, that did not stop me from being excited. I was finally starting my last trip in this world.

I was in Japan.

I had a list of places to visit, foods to eat, and things to do, ending in a visit to Aokigahara Jukai. I also didn’t know more than the barest bit of the Japanese language, so I was very careful to not get lost, constantly referring to a translation app on my phone.

A week was spent enjoying the sites before it came to an end, but it wasn’t the end I was expecting. While traveling on the subway heading back to the hotel for this city, it happened. The train was full, as the sun was setting and everyone was heading home, and I was pushed into a corner by a group of Japanese teens in school uniforms when a light started shining at our feet.

Looking down, I saw a circle with intricate lines and symbols spreading out, centered on the teens. The teens were startled and tried to escape, but I was just the opposite. I was just outside the circle and, unlike the teens, could still move. So I moved as close to them as I could, stepping into the circle, hoping that my wish would come true as everything went black.

12