16 The New Hide-in
473 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group of former slaves decided to gift the former mage his clothing back. But before he could try to wear them once more, he had to be cured of the worst of his injuries.

All of the minor ones were long since fixed by the dungeon. Channeling his basic, tier 1 holy healing spell through his mother. With so much practice, he had now raised his holy magic skill to level 3. This didn't automatically grant any new spells yet, but did make the one he already had easier to use.

Leaving his right wrist as the equivalent of raw sausage, with bone shards throughout. And the pancake-sized region where his manhood once (and quite often) proudly flared is currently medium-rare.

"Before we finish with him for the time being, we should introduce to each other. But you three will have to wash up first. So we can do it right." the vixen says to her new guards. Then asks of the ceiling "A little help?"

An empty washbasin appeared to the side. Along with a bar of decent quality unscented soap, a set of dry towels and one bucket of water after another. Eventually six in total.

"HOW‽" blurted out the swords-wolf.

"Oh, right. You two haven't heard yet. I'm the Mother of Destiny, the Hero is about half a month along, the Gods also made him a dungeon, that we're inside of right now, they also gave him a divine mission to free all of us beastkin slaves from the humans, and whether it's through me or the walls and floors, he can use his Inventory to move anything to anywhere else. Did I miss anything?"

{I'm limited to a maximum weight, the same amount as her shield. But it's continually going up with practice. It doesn't work with held or worn items unless mom touches them for me. Also it's a secret, but as my/mom's protecters, you can know about this. I can permanently raise someone's stats through touch, by plus one, just once per day each. That Skill doesn't work through mom though. You'll have to wait for me to be born, or find my other body down south.}
*CLANG!* The massive shield had been popped over as well, tipped up on one side. But was unsupported, so it fell.

The tigress beastkin chided "Be careful with that! But yeah, that matches up with what I've seen. But what's this thing say?"

The fox read it out to them.

The huntress says "We'll have to wait. . You mean to use that to pay us?" the fox nodded back "Bwahahahaha! That stupid vermin! Leaving so soon, cheh. He's really missing out!"

While her brother thought [That sounds too off to possibly be true. It's probably just a grand lie to string us along. Even so, we really do owe at least one of them for freeing us. So I'll play along for now.]

. .

With her help, they took a few minutes cleaning the bastard's blood off from their hands. Taking care to thoroughly scrub around the base of their claws.

Once they were cleaned and dry, they did a round of introductions. Thus she learned the male wolf was named Rolaf, the other one his twin sister Vela. And of course Pan the tigress.

"Vela. Judging by how you first greeted him down here, it's a safe bet that he's treated you the worst out of the four. Is that right?"

.. (nod)

"Then how about this. From this moment onward, he'll be your slave and yours alone. Though he'll still be a servant to the others. And any time you like, a target dummy to any of you. Is this acceptable, Rolaf? Pan?"

(shared glance) .. (nod) (nod)

"So then first, we'll have to finish healing him. After that, when he's fully aware, you can begin conditioning him."

They agreed to allow him to be healed, but none of the three wanted to be the one to do so for 'the rotten bastard.' So once again the fox set about the task of making him healthy enough to survive. She took three of the third-tier healing potions from his pack. Slowly dripping the first of them on his wrist, to avoid wasting it on the floor. Letting it be absorbed through the skin. Where it knitted muscle, bone and other tissues back to their optimal state at a visible speed.

The second was similarly drizzled upon the patch of seared flesh where his genitalia once hung. Being merely a tier 3 potion, it couldn't restore any missing flesh. But what did remain was repaired. The last was simply poured into his mouth. Causing him to cough and sputter. Then wake back up.

*Kof Kof* (ptui) Seeing three of his slaves holding his limbs, he tried to order them. "I demand you return to your senses!"

"Oh, you got lucky with that one." says the huntress. "You're wearing our slave collars now. So you are the slave. And we have returned to being free. Now call me Mistress Vela."

"What? That's ridiculous! There's no w-aargh! Haak! DAMMIT! WHAT DID YOU DO‽"

The fox explained to him "It's simple really. The slave runes work two ways. It's easier to set up that way. So whoever wears the collar is slave to the other. I simply switched it for you all. And you should hurry up to acknowledge her as your mistress, the mana burnout will continue slowly get worse until you do. Whether that's in one heartbeat or half a year doesn't matter to any of us."

"You gods-damned bitch!"

"It's actually Gods-blessed vixen, thank you very much."

. . .

. . . .

(mutter)

"What was that?"

. . "Mistress Vela."

"Miss Vela, could you please ask him to strike his head hard on the floor, three times for every single time he insults me? Starting yesterday."

"What she just said, do it."

"Damn you. Damn you all! DAMN YOU TO ALL THE HELLS!"

"That's nine you owe me now. Or twelve if the first 'damn you' was directed at me."

. .

*THUMP* *THUNK* *KRAK* *SMACK* *BASH* *BANG* *THUNK* *KLAK* *BONK*

"Let's hope that taught him to be more polite. Does anyone know if that other guy owns any slaves?"

"The guildmaster? Yes, he keeps seven maids and five others in his family home."

"And where is that? Can we get there to bring them back here in secret?"

"The small mansion two blocks south of the guildhall."

"We can't do that secretly. Not without that rat."

"Hmm, he must be gone by now. Right?" the {Yes} bit briefly popped into her hand. "Then we'll have to use you to get us there. Otherwise, he's too dangerous to keep." three more prepared stone bits, one after the other, popped into her hand to answer. {Yes} {Later} {Night} "Tomorrow night it is. Will he last that long?" {Strong} "If you say so. Back to you, former mage."

(Wince) "What do you mean former?"

Rolaf answered "Because you can't use any magic while you're sis's slave, moron. Or did you hit your head too hard‽ KEHEHEHE!!"

"I just wanted to let you know your new place. These three of your former slaves agreed to be my guards. You are now Vela's slave, my Rolaf's and Pan's butler, target dummy for these three. And my tutor."

"What‽"

"We wouldn't want your skills to go entirely to waste. Now if you're feeling up to it, you can get dressed." His former slaves finally released his limbs.

['I thought it felt a bit drafty.' I wish I coulda said that to them right now.]

As he was getting up, he glanced down toward his legs. And what he saw reminded him that he had been castrated. How could someone possibly forget something like that? Well, give him a little credit. He's had a lot of very serious stuff happening literally all at once.
Plus he almost certainly concussed himself quite well.

In his shock, his arms gave out. Slamming his head against the floor once more.
If he wasn't already concussed, he certainly is now.
And they'll have to waste another potion -if- they want him cognizant. . NAH!

The vixen left them to check the loot from the guildmaster, hidden in her personal hideout/archery range.

After taking what she found useful, she wore the mage's scalehide armor over them to hide that fact as best she could. This is what Foxxy Mamma's Status looked like after. Remember kids, the averages for a person are 30 or so in each Attribute. Athletes/Idols/Scientists/Doctors would then be just a bit over 100 in each career-related field.

 


Name: Dara . Class: Courtesan . Level: 18
Species: Fox Beastkin . Title: Mother of Destiny . Rank: B
HP: 915/915 . SP: 735/735 . MP: 550/550

Attributes
Body: Str 165(31) . Con 70(30) . Tuf 110(30)
Move: Dex 217(57) . Agi 104(40) . Spd 98(34)
Mind: Int 40 . Wis 90(40) . Spi 42
Gen: Cha 99(69) . Att 110(80) . Luk 147(77)
Bonus points: -

Traits
Fox Beastkin bonus: -5Tuf, +10Dex, +10Agi, + 5Spd, + 10Wis, + 10Spi, +25Cha, +25Att, Scent.
Race level bonus: +1Move, +1Mind, +2Gen.
Courtesan class level bonus: 3 Gen points, 'all Cha' skills 3XExp , 'all Att' skills 2XExp.
Mod1:  +3Dex . Mod2:  +3Tuf

Common Skills
Cleaning 23 . Cooking 3 . Dancing 14 . Dismantling 6 . Erotic Arts 9 . Fletching 3 . Leatherworking 2
Seduction 5 . Service 15 . Singing 22 . Tea Art 9 . Trapmaking 3

Passive Skills
Climbing 8 . Endurance 21 . Running 6 . Scent 19 . Sneaking 18 . Survival 10 . Swimming 3 . Tracking 8

Combat Skills
Archery 10 . Dagger 3 . Handaxe 5
Unarmed 20(0)

Magic Skills
Fire 5 . Move Enhance 1 . Wind 3

Unique Skills
___

Titles
Mother of Destiny: +50Luk

Equipment
Drakehide Armor +24Str +24Agi +24 Spd . Mini Xbow . Longbow
Meditation Medallion +40%Mana regen . Adroit Gloves +10Dex +5Craft
Titan's Belt +40Str +40Con +40Tuf . Unfettered Anklets +40Dex +40Agi +40Spd
Circlet of Leadership +50Wis +30Cha +30Att . 2XRing of Heavy Strikes +20Str +20Tuf
2XRing of Extreme Luck +35Luk . 2XRing of True Strikes +30Dex +5Unarmed +50%ExpUnarmed
Bracers of Pugilistic Mastery +50Dex +30Str +10Unarmed +50%ExpUnarmed


 

And the vixen no longer felt jealous of the wolf girl, Vela's new ring.

¤¤¤¤¤

The next night.

They had decided to leave the guildmaster to resist the chloroform on his own for now. His Con stat being over 300, it was likely good enough by itself to keep him safe. As evidenced by his waking up right before dawn, even while still trapped within the sleeping gas filled room.

As for Rex, he finally awoke well into the afternoon. His new owner Vela then gave him his permanent orders; protect & obey us four, answer our questions, do not betray or lie, and stay here (basement) until I give order to follow.

The dungeon gained 464 DP's at nightfall. A bit higher than in the previous two nights. He immediately dug a tunnel leading where he estimated they discussed previously. At a cost of 57 DP's.

When the four of them gathered near its end, he then dug vertically to half a meter below the surface. Then placed a knife-thin stone sided box around this last bit. The soil was then Inventory'd out in ten to twenty kilogram chunks, followed by the sod resting atop it. A ladder morphed into existence just as they arrived.

Rolaf, being the only one to have visited the guildmaster's home in the past, was the first to go up to check.

He came back down, disappointed. "This is the neighbor's backyard. There's a 4 meter stone wall in between that's chanted on top to watch for thieves."

{That's perfect. I can get you through there no problem, and close it up after. Then they'll be certain we couldn't have come from this way. So the investigation later won't find anything. Just try to keep the operation quiet as you go. And remember to leave that behind.}

The dungeon purchased the manor in question as his territory. Along with the gap between it and the tunnel as it needed that first for access. A door-size hole appeared in the wall as well.

Then they all waited for midnight. The four crept their way to the servant's entrance. The frame holding the door vanished as they arrived. Pan quickly grabbing it, to keep from falling. She set it aside leaning against the wall outside.

The first two residents they saw, were handled expertly. One intruder snuck close enough to close their hand over the mouth before they were noticed. Their other arm wrapping around the other's shoulders. Dara the fox followed not even 2 seconds later and removed their slave collar. Then whispering at them "You're not a slave anymore, follow us to freedom."

The next however, was one of the captive guildmaster's near-adult children. The intruders didn't know the layout to try to go around. So they decided to risk it and capture her. They managed to successfully sneak up and grapple her the same as the others. This time, with the huntress flashing a dagger to her neck. Hissing "Keep quiet and we'll let you live." Of course she only meant it as a threat, not planning to carry through with it.

Lirna was not a girl known for her good decisions. She immediately thrashed about, trying to slam her limbs against anything and everything that would make a noise. Trying to summon her family or the beast-slaves. Vela was quick to pull her blade away from the fool's neck, but it still dug heavily into her upper arm. Where the shoulder connects to the bicep. She screamed loudly in pain but this was muffled by Rolaf's hand to the same level as normal speech.

He muttered "stupid bitch." Then letting go of her body, his freed left hand could strike her on the temple. Dropping her unconcious to the floor.

Despite her being muffled, the manor's two closest beastkin slaves heard her. And due to their standing orders to 'serve and protect my family to the best of your ability' they slammed their door open while shouting ""INTRUDERS!""

This pair were merely maids. So the warriors quickly overpowered them. Grappling them while their collars were relocated elsewhere.

However the damage was already done. Everyone else heard the shouting.

[Dammit!]
The dungeon quickly blocked off all of the doors with a massive stone block each.
Inside then out. Made easier as the doors all open into the hallways.
[Next time contain them all first, then room to room]

Dara was extremely surprised when one of them turned out to be her older sister Kestral. At first she refused to leave her daughter behind. But when informed they were trying to take everyone from there alive, she relented.

Each time they freed another slave or two, they gladly switched sides in the confrontation. Though it took a lot more effort to convince some than most others.

With this fact, as well as having started closer to the slaves' quarters than the family's they were able to easily overwhelm their resistance through sheer numbers. In addition to the difference in strength and Skills.

The wife and eldest unmarried daughter were easily subdued. The younger ones, four children under seven years old didn't even try to resist. An older boy and the eldest son, however were given life-threatening injuries during their capture. It was hard to imagine everyone's level of shock when it turned out one of the little human children was Kestral's daughter Koko.

It was then explained to the dungeon (and anyone else who didn't know yet) that interspecies mating tended toward two types. The first between humans and most any demihumans; dwarves, elves, and kinder, (rhymes with tinder) a small child-like race, but not gnomes. The resulting child is always a 'half' or mixed race. Being regarded as both and yet neither of the parent's races at the same time. As well as each of them being sterile. Such children are usually shunned by both societies, other than the kinder. They tend to be kinder than the rest.

[Again, a pun that only works in english. But there's another pun here, as kinder is the german word for children. Or maybe that was deliberate? They've had Heroes brought in 'from another world' before. And it's more gender-neutral than 'Loli.']

With gnomes and beastkins, regardless of the other parent's species, any children at all are extremely rare. But these are totally healthy and only take on one parent's heritage. Usually, but not always, the mother's. This includes when members of two different tribes of beastkins fall in love. Such unions are still frowned upon. But since there are no suffering innocents, they generally are grudgingly accepted.

Once the dungeon saw that everyone was accounted for, he sent the word {Done} to his mother's palm. All the former slaves and new captives were led back through the tunnel. Though some had to be lowered down by rope as they couldn't bear their own weight.

Every sign they were there, as well as how they got away were scrubbed to the best of the dungeon's ability. The stone blocks removed. The misplaced door and hole in the wall closed up like they had never been altered. The sod and all underlying dirt put back, with a nice thick stone support underneath.

¤¤¤

Once they made it back, the most recently freed slaves watched over their former owner's family. While the dungeon and friends did a roundup in the brothel in the same manner. Gaining another 37 freed slaves and imprisoning 3 customers. 3 hours after midnight being the slow period, even for the red-light district.

While they were asked to take a few prisoners, some of the newly freed slave-whores couldn't control their pent-up righteous rage. Jodie was barely rescued by the fox, but her assistant and potion maker weren't so lucky. They, as well as another 5 customers were killed in the rampage.

The only good thing about this was that their deaths, plus 'Recycling' the bodies, raised his DP's enough to build a bunker spacious enough to hide all 53 beastkins and their 14 captives. With air vents placed in each cardinal direction to alleviate their suffering.

Food was easily procured by pilfering the town with his Inventory. Preferencially targeting homes/businesses which held slaves. Water was even easier with the nearby river. Though with how 'medieval societies' and other, more primitive groups tended to use it as an open sewer, he insisted they only drink what had been purified through special pitchers. Which he began purchasing more than just the one his mom had the next nightfall. Almost starting a riot in the meanwhile.

Immediately after, he also put in separate chambers for bathing, and more for 'evacuating'. Raising the level of accomodation to 1½ stars. But even this much was a massive improvement for all of the former slaves. Except for his mother who was utterly pampered with her 3 star arrangements up until now.

A few more improvements were built or purchased each following day. While the bulk of his DP income went to buying out an ever-increasing chunk of the town.

.

It was decided that Dara's sister Kestral would keep the guildmaster as her slave. Her human daughter Koko was fathered by him. Making her unusual for being an interspecies child. Even more so for being her father's species instead of her mother's.

As for the other three small human children, it turned out that their mother's husband was not their father. Each one being sired by a different beastkin slave. This was made possible by the liberal use of expensive fertility drugs. Easily afforded in a master's household.

They had managed to keep that a secret from the rest of the humans in that household, but beastkins were much better at understanding scents. It had quickly been figured out, as they had more scent in common with one particular slave each, than with their supposed father. Of course none among them chose to volunteer such information earlier.

All her other children, the ones who truly were sired by her husband Willarm, had already died. Two were stillborn, three more miscarried, and the last two breathed their last before their first birthday.

This news struck the guildmaster with even more force than the falling boulder which left his shoulder dislocated.

¤

The whole town was utterly frantic. Some families even decided to move away.

Not only had the S-ranked adventurer in charge of the local branch of the adventuring guild gone missing without any trace, so had every member of the brothel he had been investigating. Including the customers. Shortly after, his whole family had also been reported missing, slaves included. Of course the authorities had tried to find out what happened, but they never found any hint of a trail. Nor any witnesses.

The only clue anyone had as to who or how or why, was a signet ring from 'Xerwan Boyu,' the well known and very notorious secret society, placed prominently in his manor's main hall.

9