Volt – 06
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volt - 06 - Shattered Stairs

Volt stood on a  blood colored glass platform that depicted a sword and heart, surrounded by pictures of his past life. Images of his master, his wife, his son, and the mortal enemy he failed to slay with his own skill hovered around him.

Had to use a forbidden poison instead of my own blade to kill that bastard. My master would have disapproved of the cowardliness...

Volt moved on to study the other pictures and found that both the high and low moments of his life were displayed. 

He moved his hands along the pictures, remembering the past, when he noticed a large blood colored tinted glass staircase. 

Then Volt noticed that he had on his old armor, and that even his trusty sword hung by his side. 

He patted his chest with shining eyes. Finally, he knew why he was here.

“After traveling down memory lane, I finally have my chance.”

With a smile on his lips, Volt charged up to the staircase while gathering mana around himself.

The moment he touched the first step, a bandit appeared with their sword raised high.

Volt didn’t stop to study the man he had killed so long ago.

Volt kept moving as he unsheathed his sword and cut the man down where he stood,  slicing the bandit’s head off with ease.

Not stopping to wait for the man’s body to hit the ground, Volt took the next step up where another tougher bandit appeared.

He beheaded him all the same. 

Step by step, Volt rushed over countless headless bandit corpses, the sound of their heads rolling down the steps and bodies hitting the floor resounding often enough and loudly enough to create a small din.

Yet Volt’s smile grew wider and wider as he pressed forth up the stairs, all the way until a lightning ape appeared before him.

The ape roared as it threw a massive fist at him. Undeterred by the size difference, Volt sliced through the beast’s hand in one quick motion, quickly following through to cut the ape’s head off. 

Volt beheaded men and beasts alike with pure skill on his journey, never stopping for a single moment.

Until he reached a platform where the bandit king swordsman, who gave him a scar over his heart, stood.

Feeling the itch over his heart Volt laughed, “I get to kill you twice, it must be my birthday.”

The buff and gruff bandit king merely made a come on gesture with his massive saber leaning on his shoulder.

Sparks began to flicker off of Volt’s body as he charged at the bandit. 

“This time I won’t kill you so messily!”

Roaring like beasts the two clashed blades, ripping up the platform with their slashes.

The bandit king used his saber and gauntlets to block Volt’s strikes in between his own attacks as the dwarf went for a quick kill. Blades were not the only things flashing in their battle, as Volt’s thunderous aura and the bandit king’s silver aura collided along with the kicks and punches the two traded as they smashed into each other. 

“If you wanna just block like a turtle then I’ll just move faster than you can block!”

Volt directed his aura to infuse lightning into his bloodstream, causing his eyes to glow with a bloody light. His speed doubled in a flash, causing the already struggling bandit king to be hard pressed. Volt parried the bandit king's sword, and suddenly the blade pointed high to the sky, leaving the bandit king's torso seemingly unguarded.

“You think I’d fall for that twice?” Volt snarled with a cold smile as he dashed in.

With a thought, a fragment of his lightning aura broke off to form a blade aiming for the bandit king's neck from the left as Volt’s sword came in from the right.

The bandit king smirked as he threw his saber at Volt and pulled the short sword out from the back of his belt to stab at Volt's heart.

Volt snorted, halting his dash and grabbing the bandit king’s great saber out of the air. His muscles tightened as he stomped the ground, turned, and threw the sword right back at the bandit king.

The bandit king's eyes widened as he saw his own blade aimed right between his eyes. But he still managed to bring up his short sword and knock the large saber away.

“Checkmate.”

Volt's voice echoed within the bandit king's ears as the dwarf rose up from below and claimed  the bandit king's head with a swift cross of his blades.

The bandit king stared with wide eyes as he watched Volt walk past him.

“See ya, I still have a ways to climb.”

Volt didn’t stick around as the bandit king fell to his knees and his head toppled to the ground.

As he ran forth slaying his past enemies with a grin on his face, Volt felt himself grow more powerful with each kill and couldn’t help but recall the time when he faced each and every one of his foes for the first time.

Then he reached a platform filled with crystallized trees.

“Oh? It’s you. You were tiresome to deal with.”

Before stepping onto the platform Volt began gathering the lightning in his body into his hand. 

The blue lightning had soaked up so much blood from his slaughtered foes that it had turned a vibrant red.

“You're annoying so die.”

Volt formed a ball of red lightning one meter in size.

>Red Thunder Drop<.

He called as he threw the lightning ball into the sky where it exploded forth, sending out hundreds upon hundreds of lightning bolts and rapidly turning the crystal jungle into ash.

Once the thunderstorm passed, Volt casually walked through the Ashland. He made it halfway through the platform when he noticed a change in the air. Without hesitation, he turned on a dime and slashed downwards.

His blade made contact and cut off the shadow stalker’s head. 

“I don’t have time for you, coward,” Volt growled.

Turning back, he began running once more, slashing heads off one after another once again. 

Eventually, he reached yet another platform.

Once he saw who was standing on it, a wave of burning anger arose uncontrollably within him.

“I get to kill you again too? It really must be my birthday.”

Uncharastically, Volt sheathed his sword and moved forth while gathering lightning from within to form heavy lightning armor over his own that chirped and crackled ceaselessly as he approached the dragonborn.

When the dragonborn saw his actions, he gathered his ice mana to form scaled armor and took up a fighting stance. 

Almost as if he were possessed, Volt went into a melee fight with the dragonborn, ripping and tearing the ice off the creature with his hands clad in lightning as the dragonborn struggled to even land a blow. 

It only took minutes for Volt to start digging into the flesh hidden below the ice, and soon the scent of charred flesh filled the area.

The dragonborn tried to fight back by throwing pouches, grabbing, and even lunging at Volt, but the dwarf was too quick on his feet to be caught and attacked relentlessly as if he held no regard for his own life.

Instead of a fight, this battle was more like a one way beat down as Volt tore the dragonborn apart. He could have easily killed the dragonborn, yet if he did the anger he felt wouldn’t let him rest in peace.

Finally, Volt mounted the barely breathing dragonborn and began bashing his head in.

“This is for my master, you fucking lizard! Because of you, I wasted my potential, because of you I’m still cursed! After I kill you, I’ll kill your fucker of a dad, this time with my own blade!” Volt roared as he kept beating the man until he smashed the dragonborn’s head into mush.

Breathing heavily, Volt moved off of the twitching, lifeless body. He was about to keep walking, but he stopped and slowly turned around. Volt raised his hands and sent lightning out, burning the dragonborn’s body until not even ash remained.

Volt released the lightning around his body and continued climbing, decapitating anyone and anything in his way. 

As he rampaged his way up the stairs, Volt noticed that the once clean and clear steps started to show signs of cracking.

Soon Volt arrived at another platform where a person in black heavy armor holding a silver sword in his hands stood silently.

”The King of Yor?” Volt recalled as he touched the throbbing scar over his eye. 

“Guess it can’t be all fun and games. I’m sorry brother, but I have to step over your corpse once again.”

Volt readied his sword and formed his heavy lightning armor once more. Twelve floating swords crafted from bloody lightning circled around his form as he stared at his foe.

The figure in black responded in kind, surrounding themselves in darkness.


Edited By:KuroYousei

0