Prologue
1.1k 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The game had begun once more. Powerful beings of the multiverse heeded the call. 

One of those figures, in the vast black expanse, awoke from its deep slumber and without hesitation headed towards the signal. In a mere moment, a blue humanoid made out of gas arrived.

Blue appeared in front of a planetary sized figure that cradled the system in its arms. It was a winged demon with the body of a woman. She was covered in an eerie white robe made out of trillions of screaming mortal souls.

No sooner had it arrived did others start to trickle in. From tens to hundreds to thousands all until a total of 400 million figures descended upon the star system. When no more came, the planetary figure flicked her wrist and teleported the figures to their individual rooms.

The blue faceless creature studied the room in deep thought before floating towards a miniature statue of the planetary figure. Upon further inspection of the sculpture, Blue noticed that she was faintly smiling in his direction. Blue didn't give the demoness much thought as it quickly shifted its gaze towards the planet she held. 

「So this is my starting world? What locations am I allowed to choose from?」

In response to Blue’s question, a dozen or so green pins stabbed along the planet’s surface. Not looking back, Blue asked, 「How do I see the results?」

The statue’s expression remained unmoved, but in Blue’s mind words began to appear. The message was a haze of gibberish that took Blue some time to decode.

「I see. Then I shall do so.」

Moving its misty arm, Blue tapped the nearest pin on the planet. At the moment of contact information flooded into its mind showing statistics of the area. Blue wasn’t surprised at the sheer size of the data and got to work. At lightning speed, it sorted through the information to make a decision.

「Hummm… The river size is alright; metal and mineral content is good; forest level is high. But the animal level is low. The mountain isn’t high enough for my tastes. That and the average recorded weather is too hot. Let's see the others.」

Not happy with the location, Blue moved it’s hand to the next one.

「Not enough clay content. Next... Too cold for my tastes. Next… Monster nest too close. Next…」

One by one, Blue browsed through the results, eliminating the pins until only two were left.

「Do I choose one that looks less entrancing, but has more lime and udand deposits in the soil? Or one that looks better and has more clay? 」

Face with a tough decision between aesthetics and functionality, Blue eventually made the sensible choice and chose the lime and land deposits.

「Couldn’t I just make it look good?」

With the starting land chosen, Blue gazed up at the unfazed demonic statue.

「I have chosen the first site for my race, the dwarfs, to settle.」

Blue pressed on the shining green pin confidently. And, for the first time in this odd exchange, the demonic figure’s smile widened, making the statue appear more fiendish in appearance.

Suddenly new information appeared within Blue’s mind. It went into a stupor. It wasn’t until the information settled that Blue’s eyes refocused.

Item List:

  • 10 Dwarfs
  • 1 Bronze Pickaxe
  • 1 Bronze Axe
  • 1 Bronze Shovel
  • 1 Bronze Short Sword
  • 1 Bronze Knife
  • 1 Bronze Hammer
  • 1 Large Bronze Pan
  • 2 Chickens
  • 1 Rooster
  • 90 Packs of Pre-packaged Food
  • 90 Units of Pre-packaged Water
  • 9 Basic Clothes (Dwarf size)
  • 1 Basic Survival Book(Depending on location)
  • 2 Tamed Dogs
  • (Free item Slot)
  • (Free Item Slot)
  • (Free Item Slot)
  • (Free Item Slot)
  • (Free Item Slot)

「I understand that these are tools provided for me and I get to choose five things to add to that list as long as they belong to the bronze age? How intriguing.」

The demonic statue’s eyes flashed gold as the smile grew even wider, revealing its bat-like teeth.

Blue understood that the statue was telling him to hurry up. After all, the other so-called ‘Rulers’ were waiting to begin the ‘game’.

「Then I choose...」

16